[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bigguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Bangy Bangy 5 dolla.jpg (19 KB, 580x308) Image search: [Google]
Bangy Bangy 5 dolla.jpg
19 KB, 580x308
Help me /k/, I'm an amateur on gun things and I'm looking to nab a nice 50 cal.

I don't know enough about 50s to make a really informed decision on this, but I am intent on getting one. It would be a gift (yes it's legal I checked) for my father who is more of an operator than I am, and who has always wanted one but could never afford one as he was too busy putting me through college.

I'm not rich, but I do have a decent job and some pretty good savings, so I am willing to drop some money for a decent quality weapon (if I could find a nice scope for it too that would be great). I don't want to get some cheap POS that will fall apart, but t the same time, I don't want to get jewed by overpaying thousands.

Any input would be appreciated. Or you know, just spout memes too as at least that will bump the thread.
>>
>>29804245
I'd recommend a 10/22.
>>
Barrett M107A1
>>
>>29804245

>not rich

than forget about it completely. for a well built 50 cal you're looking at buying from Barrett, and you're also looking at around $10,000

the other .50 cals like the grizzly and other bullshit single shot are deadly death traps that offten blow up and mame or kill their users. not even a fucking joke bro, I'm shocked those things are still in production and haven't been shut down by goernment and put in fucking prison
>>
>>29804245
The m95 or the Styer HS might be worth looking into.
>>
You're seriously looking at $8 - 14k for a Barrett and a good scope.
>>
File: GunGuide.jpg (50 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
GunGuide.jpg
50 KB, 400x348
>>29804275
Yeah that name keeps coming up. Any particular reason?

>>29804345
My budget is actually around $13 grand, so 10 grand is doable. I've been saving years with this in the back of my mind actually.
>>
Get a styer and a nxs 5.5-22.
>>
>>29804388

okay then. buy barrett. literally anything they make. just pick the coolest one you can afford and im sure the recipient will shit themselves at first sight of it.... i certainly would.

but seriously, stay away from those cheapo single shots. they really blow up and send chunks of metal through people's necks and shit
>>
>>29804245
>amateur
>wants a .50 bmg rifle

dude do your research first
learn about rifles and how to take care of them and all the gun safety rules before ever picking one of these up

theyre good guns but buying one to without knowing much about guns seems a little ill advised
>>
File: GunBreakfast.jpg (204 KB, 819x783) Image search: [Google]
GunBreakfast.jpg
204 KB, 819x783
>>29804490
I think going on a message board dedicated to the topic and asking for opinions is a good component of research do you not agree?

Also it's not for me, it would be a gift. Besides, I've been shooting since I was 4 so I know how to clean a gun, but I don't get the range time or have the knowledge that I want.
>>
File: 271.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
271.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>29804591
>I think going on a message board dedicated to the topic and asking for opinions is a good component of research do you not agree?
You're in the wrong place, friendo.
>>
if you have that much of a budget go for the CheyTac Intervention. It only comes in .408 or .375 but it's more than enough bullet for anything you would ever want to shoot at.
>>
File: 2016-05-01 20.23.13.jpg (3 MB, 2981x1676) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-01 20.23.13.jpg
3 MB, 2981x1676
Get an M82 or M107 if you want a shits and giggles gun for destroying things. Get a proper boltgun if you want a gun that will actually be accurate at 1000 yards.

The aforementioned two will usually only pull 1-3moa at best.
>>
>>29804245
serbu bfg50A

better than barret , and 2grand cheaper.

if your going for the name, buy the barret.

I would say save some cash and just get teh bolt action no the semi.
>>
File: 2512254920701.jpg (20 KB, 423x281) Image search: [Google]
2512254920701.jpg
20 KB, 423x281
Buy the bullpup version
>>
>>29807167
Yeah, nah. Serbu is garbage.
>>
>>29805363
>$8000 rifle
>$20 red dot
oh Amazon reviews...
>>
>>29804245
Get a M8 spotting rifle
>>
>>29804245
Barrett make a nice single-shot, as do many other companies.

There's also bolt-action .50BMG uppers that use AR-15 lowers, some which are magazine fed
(I recommend a steel or magnesium lower, just in case, though aluminum is probably fine). That way, he could very easily alter and fit the grip and stock as it fits him, you could easily fit a good optic, and if you wanted, a carry handle.

I gotta say, a .50BMG rifle is one hell of a gift for one's father.

>>29804388
Well shit, you could easily find a nice Barrett, Steyr or Serbu at that price range, semi-auto or bolt-action.
You must have a fucking amazing dad.

I have a bias towards Barrett, because Mr. Ronnie Barrett is just such a goddamn swell guy, but the Steyr would probably be just as good.

>>29804490
It's a gift for a more experienced person.

>>29805363
>one optic per shot.jpg
>>
>>29804245
If you aren't shooting 1000 meters it might not be worthwhile, sorry to burst the bubble OP.

But if you are doing that, Armalite makes some good rifles for the price.
>>
>>29807220
>chamber right next to your face

Yeah, no.
>>
>>29810425
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>29808402
>advocating recoiling barrel assembly over DI
You're right, accuracy is for fags
>>
You can pick up a Barrett single shot 50. BMG for 3-4K. An M82 is about 8-9k new.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Barrett-Firearms/Browse.aspx?Keywords=Barrett
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.