[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AUG vs tavor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_4654_zps138595c0.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4654_zps138595c0.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
So I'm looking at both of these meme guns, and the internet seems to really be on the side of the tavor. I'm looking for reliability, and comfortable feel. The AUG is a little more expensive, and doesn't have a good aftermarket trigger selection. The tavor looks like a toy. The AUG is a favorite from childhood. The tavor has a not impossible to find 9mm conversion kit. (800$) if you can find the AUG conversion kit it's 1.5k+ the tavor would need a good optic, the AUG comes with one. I'm torn, I like reliability and ease of use and accuracy. I have an m4 and I like it, but I want a bullpup. I'd get the ps90 if it had a 9mm or .22 conversion kit but it doesn't. Which has a better track record? I know the AUG has been around longer, but the Jews make some good stuff and have a nice track record there. I haven't shot either one and there are no ranges with them in stock close by
What is /k/s experience with these two bullpups?
>>
>>29793206
>Which has a better track record?

AUG

The israelis don't even use the Tavor anymore, they've switched to the X95 bullpup
>>
>>29793227
Im somewhat afraid of the AUG price, with everything (NATO stock, bullet button, gunsmithing for said button, shipping, tax, 2 mags, ) is close to 2800$. The tavor is about 2300 with a good optic.
It would be the most expensive gun I own, I don't want to fuck it up.
>>
>>29793291
I would wait for the X95 if you're thinking about getting one of them Jew guns, it adds a number of improvements to the standard Tavor.
>>
>>29793206
the tavor is highly unreliable and creates problems for everyone who buys it

look up any stress tests and the tavor fails each one
>>
>>29793206
Tavor sar21 in that pic has several advantages over the Aug. watch some reviews and comparison videos on YouTube of these rifles. Go rent them if you can.
X95 released to American market is not the same as the one in IDF service. Added more AR like features to appeal to a market with AR tunnel vision.
>>
>>29793206
I've only just shot mine for the first time. It does well against paper targets at 15-25 yards with a 1.5 scope. 10/10 would waste another 2 grand on.
>>
>>29793227
>X95 bullpup
I just read the IWI US site for that, check out this kikery
>13" barrel
>Muzzle Velocity (Approx.) (ft/sec) 2822
LOL
>>
I got the sar-16 with 16.5" barrel. I've never shot an AUG before, but the tavor is pretty damn fun to shoot, and seems accurate too. Drilled through paper at 15-20 feet using irons, and ate both steel cased and my handloads.

My gripe with it is the blast you get in the face with it, but that's a common occurrence with it. I think they make shields for it though.
>>
Every "operator" from Pat Macnamara to any generic SWAT team across the country talks about and recommends switching shoulders to navigate corners.

How does that work with a gun like the Tavor?
>>
>>29795081
Badly. You get casings in the face with any side eject bullpup.
>>
>>29795097
but isn't the entire point of a bullpup because it's soooo much better in CQB?
>>
>>29794659
>What is twist rate
>What is propellant formula
>What is bullet weight
>>
File: barrel6.jpg (31 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
barrel6.jpg
31 KB, 650x433
>>29794659
This is for a 62gr 5.56
>>
>>29795081
>>29795097
Tavor has a decent case deleflector, so it's not an issue unless you really blade up and push your face forward on the gun. AUG has an aftermarket deflector available, but it's kind of a cheap kludge.

FS2000, RFB, RDB, and eventually MDR all handle brass much better.
>>
>>29793291
Don't get the NATO stock. You lose the LRBH iirc, and the Steyr mags are superior to AR15 mags. They're not that expensive either last time I checked.
>>
AUG, and it's not a difficult choice. Performance? I find the AUG to be out-of-the-box ready to rock with absolutely no modifications needed to the trigger, etc. The 1.5x and 3x optics take some getting used to, but once you do they're extremely usable.

The ONLY complaint about the AUG that is valid is how difficult it is to mount a bipod to the rifle. You'll need to buy a forward rail from RATWORX (they're better that the factory one from Steyr) and you're set. However, you can't mount a bipod to a factory Tavor either.
>>
>>29795215
As to accuracy, my AUG A3 M1 w/ 20'' barrel is stupid accurate. I shot bulk MTG cards at 100 and 150y all day with GECO 55g. Before I purchased the AUG, I wasn't sure tight groups would be possible due to the trigger and me being used to AR triggers but the AUG trigger, though different, lends itself to accurate enough shooting. Plus, the 42-round magazine, prone and podded is just fun.
>>
>>29793206
AUG: Germanic Engineering, Mehr Gas, made by people who secretly miss being 3R
Tavor: Overpriced Jew Toy, JIDF internet shilling, not even used by the Jews anymore because they suddenly admit it's shit

ITT we discuss buying a decent European gun versus some shitty Jewish pile of pig iron cradled in chink plastics
>>
>>29793206
I own both, had the AUG for over 15 years and just got the tavor 2 years ago.

The AUG is better. All bullpup rifles are weird to shoot, but the tavor feels exceptionally weird to shoot.
>>
File: M4uHJAe.gif (3 MB, 452x254) Image search: [Google]
M4uHJAe.gif
3 MB, 452x254
>>29795097
Even tavor shill tavor jew says it's a non issue on the AUG.
>>
>>29795354
Wooo, sick bantz!

But yeah. Exactly what you just said.

Get the AUG. It's the USP of bullpups for a reason. The build quality makes even a PS90/FS2000 feel cheap.
>>
And after you purchase the AUG and shoot it, email Steyr telling them to fire their whole marketing department because it sucks.
>>
File: AUG.png (37 KB, 733x598) Image search: [Google]
AUG.png
37 KB, 733x598
If this thread is any indication the AUG is a superior bullpup.
Unfortunately, it's ugly as shit. It's one of if not the ugliest guns I have ever seen. The "lines" just aren't good and that VFG looks terrible the way it's attached.
Call me whatever names you want, but I would not own.

.... let me see if I can improve it actually.
>>
>>29795202
What is LRBH iirc?
>>
>>29793206

Tavor is shit, if you want a Jew gun get a Galil.
>>
File: saiga_12_gauge_kushnapup.jpg (87 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
saiga_12_gauge_kushnapup.jpg
87 KB, 640x361
>>29796897
like anything else, beauty is subjective. i find the AUG to be sexy as hell, especially with the integrated scope.
you can memorize the stats and look up internet arguments all day but ultimately if youre in the market for a tavor or AUG, you just have to find one and shoot it in person to find out.
>>
>>29796929
last round bolt hold open
>>
>>29797000
Dear god is that an ak?!
Theyve made it almost as ugly as an Aug.
>>
>>29797023
Nvm saiga
>>
>>29797023
yes- its a saiga 12g in a bullpup stock. i posted it because its very similar to the gun anon made
>>29796897
>>
>>29797015
Why is that important?
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 552x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 552x624
>>29796897
>not liking the AUG
I didn't think that was possible. It's one of the most a e s t h e t i c spaceguns out there.
>>
>>29797049
>>29797015
I'm monitoring this
Why is this important?
>>
>>29797125
AUGs have a bolt release like an AR, or Tavor, it doesn't work properly with STANAG magazines in the AUG.
>>
File: 1460884416229.jpg (315 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460884416229.jpg
315 KB, 900x1200
Shot an AUG in Texas with my hillbilly cousins
fucking loved how it felt
i've never heard good things about the tavor though
>>
>>29798521
wow that things scary
>>
>>29795135
That dip at 12 inches always gets me
>>
The only people who think the Tavor is better then the AUG, are the people who who have never shot one. The Ergo on the AUG is significantly better, as well as other characteristics too.
>>
my dads friend has an aug. i liked it. a lot. you can comfortable hold it with one hand tucked in your armpit, at your hip, or against your shoulder, and shoot it, like as if you were opening a door with your left hand. very balanced. the grip is great. the scope is a bit weird at first but you get the hang of snap-sighting it fast. great gun. very reliable. and you really can't beat a fucking 20 inch barrel in a package the size of a 6 inch AR.
>>
>>29793291
Don't get the NATO stock.

I paid $2050 shipped for my A3M1 with a 20" barrel, olive green, and 3.0x optic.

Look up Pete Athens and buy your mags from 44mag.
>>
AUG all day every day, it's a far better gun. Fuck that shitty Jew garbage, terrible ergos and balance.
>>
>>29795135
>that dip at 20-21

Does one inch really change the ballistics all that much when its already that long?

I guess something to do with pressure waves or something.
>>
Wait for the RDB and MDR to come out, both are superior to the AUG/Tavor/X95.
>>
>>29796897
you're autistic and the AUG looks nice
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.