[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Classic Firearms - Safe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png (100 KB, 580x251) Image search: [Google]
angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png
100 KB, 580x251
Are they reputable? I have seen a lot of reviews online discussing poor customer service, and the occasional rust bucket. Yet I do not know if these things are very rare, and I am hoping to buy from them and not get ripped off. Thoughts?
>>
>>29790688
I bought a Vepr 12 from them and everything went great.
>>
>>29790688
I bought a nugget from them. Everything went smoothly.
>>
>>29790688
I got a Mosin from then for $90. Classic themselves were great, rifle was great. Gunstore that it shipped to were assholes, but that's a different issue.
>>
When did you order from them?

Apparently they changed management in 2011.
>>
>>29790688
Just ordered my M39 from them. I've got high hopes
>>
>>29790688
That muzzledevice takes away like half the bayonet
>>
>>29790688
You won't get completely ripped off. But take note that they're a bunch of sleazy motherfuckers that overstate the condition of surplus guns and delete negative reviews/comments. The site owner is a fucking retard and the only reason you should buy from them is because they have mosins.
>>
>>29790837
It's a grenade launcher
>>
>>29790688
Just bought one of their pre-barreled Hungy amd65 kits for a build everything went well. Shipping took longer than expected to actually receive a tracking number; bought on a saturday and received on the the following saturday.
>>
I have made 3-4 gun purchases from them. They are just fine. No complaints.
>>
>>29790688
Ordered an M39 from them in one of the first batches. Not impressed.

Obviously its like 70s years old, but it was NOT in the advertised condition of "Good/Very Good" The stock was gouged and cracked, and there was rust.

I made a video review and a written review that just never showed up, I guess they deleted it.

And now of course months later they are offering cracked stocks/rusted M39s for 100 dollars off. Those are the ones that people sent back.
>>
>>29790688
Ordered SKS, ammo, 12ga. shotgun, and something else I can't remember, prolly a bayonet. They've never let me down yet. Also, they already had my FFL place on their records, so that helps a lot. Switched FFLs when they went out of business, and Classic sent me emails every other hour trying to iron out a new FFL for my area. Good people.
>>
Ordered my SKS from them, everything went smoothly.
>>
From the research i've done when i was considering buying something from them
>overstates quality of surplus
>handselect doesn't mean shit (although, to be fair, this seems to be the case on every website.)
but on the other hand
>good customer service. if you do get a shitty gun, getting your money back isn't to difficult.
>>
I ordered a bayonet for my K31, and there were absolutely zero problems. The best part was, it was $50+shipping, and everywhere else started them at $80.
>>
>>29797067
For the record, the bayonet is in pristine condition (give or take a few small nicks on the side of the blade), even though they listed it as "Surplus fair to good". I did not pay extra for a hand-selected specimen.
>>
Classic is safe. They are, however, fearmongers, and are pretty disingenuous in their marketing.

I try not to buy from them when possible, but I have not had issues with them
>>
Buying surplus from them is fine. Just keep in mind their "hand select" is a scam- they take the money and don't do shit. Each time I've gotten it I seem to get the most beat to shit thing they could find.

Also, they scrub any negative reviews from their site. Pretty scummy.
But if you're buying some old rifle for a reasonable price, things will probably go smoothly.
>>
File: Kranklis.jpg (15 KB, 256x248) Image search: [Google]
Kranklis.jpg
15 KB, 256x248
Is this thread being shilled on? Half the responses are "I bought X gun. It was great!" Does /k/ just have really similar diction?
>>
>>29797180
I doubt the old hillbillies who run classic browse this site. That being said about a year ago I ordered a Polish Tokarev from them and I thought the condition was accurately described. I used their hand select option and wouldn't be surprised if they really didn't do shit. The gun is a great shooter.

I will say this thought before I ordered the pistol I called to ask them about what years of production they had, not asking for anything specific but was just curious about it and the lady on the phone was a total ass about it.
>>
>>29797224
Thanks, thinking about buying a Bulgarian Mak from them
>>
shilling is prrettty intense today
>>
Classic are scumbags, they delete reviews both online and on their site that are in any way negative.

They also stole photos from a member on a mosin forum and used them to advertise their m39's.
>>
Hand select from pretty much all the sites are hand select from the top of the pile. If all five or ten or whatever are shit, you'll get shit. Most places don't even check bore or parts, or charges extra.

If you are buying based on luck, no reason to pay premium. You pay premium for individual listings that describe one specific item.
>>
>>29797180
Classic under new ownership never really had anything bad aside aside from spreading FUD to hype their sales.

Although before this M39 batch, which some people are having issues with getting shit examples, they have usually had guns sorted by condition by the importer. The sometimes sort for rare specimens to jack up the price on, but the conditions usually had already been stated by the importer and are usually accurate.

They had a 91/30 lot before this in which wasn't sorted as well, but they got away with that claiming it was "as turned in" and they made it sound like the guns as issued never refurbed (which is bullshit).

With this M39 collection, they had to sort everything themselves, as pat burns never sorted anything until sold pretty much. They probably just sort by manufacture and year and general condition, but don't bother to do any actual inspection or double check.

So with the M39s in particular, you see a lot of not as advertised condition. I've never seen a case where they don't take the gun back and issue a new one (though not saying it hasn't happened), and I personally have had good interaction with their CS.

They are not my first choice (or even second or third), but in general they aren't terrible (aside from the scare hyping). People who have had a bad experience right of the bat might see otherwise, and they are free to their opinion.
>>
>>29790688
I was a little salty that my K31 from them was a non-matching bolt even though I payed $20 for the hand picked but I suppose non-matching serial numbers don't count under cosmetic blemishes. Still had the troop tag though.
>>
>>29790688

Anyone who purchases a 70 year old gun without inspecting it or having a gunsmith look at it is taking a gamble.

First thing I do is check the headspace with a headspace gauge. The number of 'good/excellent condition' milsurp with headspace problems or poorly fitted replacement barrels I have personally checked out rates in the dozens.

It's all part of the buying selling game. Caveat emptor.
>>
I got a Finnish Nugget from them just recently and have no complaints.
>>
File: 1435462598202.jpg (36 KB, 800x683) Image search: [Google]
1435462598202.jpg
36 KB, 800x683
>>29790688
I had purchased a CZ vz.82 from gunbroker during the great happening after sandy vag, as in the following January in the heat of the panic buying.

Classic was the only place that had LVE 9x18 Makarov (arguably the best manufacturer), so I ordered 500 rounds from them.

First time ordering from them, but I've been browsing their site since like 2006 or something.

Even though they had warnings about shipping delays because of backlog, it shipped within two days and I ended up getting the ammo before the pistol.

Never ordered a gun from them, though. Only times I've bought firearms online has been through GunBroker.

I don't like how they keep shit that has been out of stock for nearly a decade on their active inventory. Also, they do scrub reviews fairly hard.
>>
I'll never buy anything from classic. I won't stop anyone if they want to but I wouldn't recommend it.

It's the kind of place people who are new to funs go to. You'll understand what I mean if you buy something from there then look back and realize you got ripped off.
>>
I bought 6 AR lowers from them. It was a nice experience
>had an FFL lookup on their website
>was able to search my zip code to find whenever my shitty FFL finally uploaded his stuff
>sent me an email when they shipped
>sent me an email when it arrived
>sent me a survey afterwards to rate CS experience
>I wrote a good answer, had a personal email from a CS agent back thanking me for my answer and my purchase
Was legitimately surprised how nice it was to purchase firearms from them, considering I had heard a lot of shit about them and their website was, until recently, a relic of the early days of internet.
>>
>>29790688
I bought a K31 in August of 2014, couldn't be happier with it.
>>
>>29790793
Me too. Can't wait for Tuesday to get here. I'm not looking for a museum piece, but this is the first time I paid for the hand select from them, so I'm hoping for a good one.

I've bought several Mosins and one SKS along with a couple of orders of ammo with no issues.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.