[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For a trillion dollars over 20 years, literally any retard could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 470x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 470x314
For a trillion dollars over 20 years, literally any retard could construct an aircraft that doesn't take off and has inoperable software.
>>
File: 1459139576488.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459139576488.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>>29789234

>It's a "the retirement home let Pierre on the computer again" episode.
>>
File: 1460812629960.png (721 KB, 830x987) Image search: [Google]
1460812629960.png
721 KB, 830x987
>Pierre Spreyed and Neutered
>>
File: sappers.jpg (83 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sappers.jpg
83 KB, 800x600
JSF was never about building a plane, just like the Iraq war was never about oil.

It's about war profiteering. If you solve a problem you stop getting paid to solve the problem.

JSF, Zumwalt, LCS, all the same thing. They're not designing weapons. At least, not on purpose. The reason for all these programs is to cut fat checks to LockMart and friends.

I garuntee that the LRSB will be exactly the same story. Did you know they classified the cost of that program? McCain was pissed.
>>
>>29789234
>doesn't take off
https://youtu.be/zW28Mb1YvwY

https://youtu.be/hO5mZxaiyUQ

Really, OP?
Really?
>>
>>29789234
>implying a large amount of the money didn't get funneled into lockheeds super secret black projects where they reverse alien technology and turn it into drones that can be controlled through neural interface

step up senpai
>>
Sage thread
>>
File: 35546456434.jpg (6 KB, 150x112) Image search: [Google]
35546456434.jpg
6 KB, 150x112
Don't reply to babby's first bait
>>
Why didn't they just continue the F-22 and adapt it for different applications?
>>
>>29792376
Because that would cost even more money.
>>
>>29792425
Would it really though, at this point the development cost of the F35 is so high you could've bought so many F22s that the production costs could've probably been pushed back a good amount.
>>
>>29792509
Try making the F-22 be a VTOL/STOL plane and prep it for carrier operations would easily cost a lot more money. Probably would have to redesign the plane anyways.
>>
>>29792509
It would have required a shit ton of airframe mods to the F-22, redesigning everything to update avionics and other systems, strengthening of wing components, a new engine, and an entirely new manufacturing process.

That doesn't sound so bad, but when you consider how hideously expensive F-22s were and the increase flight hour costs, you'd be essentially better off burning $100 bills than JP-8 in its engines.
>>
>>29792538
>>29792539
You could buy 10000 of them with the cost so far (read: no production aircraft)
>>
>>29792660
I didn't know we'd spent the entirety of our military budget for four years on the F-35. (This is sarcasm, we didn't, that's about double the lifetime cost for fucks sake).
>>
>>29789501
This guy gets it..
>>
>>29789501
While you're not exactly wrong, I can tell you just from basic experience in constructing a god damned building that shit will go wrong and you'll have to fix it and the fix costs money.

We're talking about four walls, a roof, some pipes and wires here, so I can't even imagine the expense for a jet that's supposed to communicate with ships and other jets and network with missiles and drones all while being 'stealth'.

Of course, the contractors creating it, if they're like construction contractors, will see something wrong, maybe mention it (maybe not), and usually be told "oh, it's fine, it's right, go along", only for it to not be fine or not be right later on and then that shit needs to get fixed.

But yeah, there's an economy for war in America in general. We haven't fought a conventional war in ages and yet here we are making fucking stealth fighters when we're battling extremists in mud huts.

What the flying fuck.
>>
File: swarm.jpg (135 KB, 650x528) Image search: [Google]
swarm.jpg
135 KB, 650x528
>>29789704
This. Lockheed is gonna release a functional JSF when they're good and ready, and a few years later they're going to start developing drone swarms and mysteriously do it in like two years without the Chinese or Russians knowing the first thing about how it was done because it was all done in Skunkworks 2.0 Mojave ten years prior.

It's also important to note that money is a major reason Russia and China don't have a fighter with JSF's intended capabilities.
>>
>>29793834

That would imply that anyone anymore gives a flying fuck about:
1) Doing a good job
2) Believing in their country
3) Cares about their work
4) willing to work to achieve a common goal

This is not 1950's America. This type of dedication ended with the development of the Sr-71 & Saturn rocket.

Welcome to the extended Woodstock era. We only care about ourselves over all. Fuck the world, I want my $5. Its party time and I want to get paid.

These are the DC establishment, and its the ruin of this country. Its just a matter of time.
>>
>>29794463
This is depressingly true.
People think that nationalism is all about xenophobia and racism, when in reality it's about believing in and contributing to your country.
The left has put a target on nationalism, which is pussifying and killing western society.
>>
>>29794463
>hey Lockheed, here's a contract to develop a drone swarm and a jet fighter, but it's all going on the jet fighter tab publicly
Not really that complicated.
>>
File: this is your grave.gif (153 KB, 606x423) Image search: [Google]
this is your grave.gif
153 KB, 606x423
>>29794463
>That would imply that anyone anymore gives a flying fuck about:
>1) Doing a good job
>2) Believing in their country
>3) Cares about their work
>4) willing to work to achieve a common goal
welcome to globalism
>>
>>29793759

we are facing peer and near-peer competitors over the skies of Syria.

so yeah, a stealth multi-role while bombing mud huts is goddamn relevant.
>>
>>29793759
>But yeah, there's an economy for war in America in general. We haven't fought a conventional war in ages and yet here we are making fucking stealth fighters when we're battling extremists in mud huts.

Yep, because China and Russia will totally respect the US if it only had shitty planes only capable of bombing mud huts.
>>
>>29789814
You're a faggot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.