[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any weapon mods that actually improve the amount of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: 1386743219786.jpg (66 KB, 799x533) Image search: [Google]
1386743219786.jpg
66 KB, 799x533
Are there any weapon mods that actually improve the amount of damage dealt by a rifle? Like some sort of accelerator component on the end of the barrel that improves barrel velocity, or something that adds additional mass to the round to increase impact energy?
>>
>>29784672
cut the barrel off it reduces the drag on the bullet because there is less metal to scrape against so it goes faster
>>
File: coppelion why.png (3 MB, 1280x3600) Image search: [Google]
coppelion why.png
3 MB, 1280x3600
Yeah, but you need to buy a season pass to unlock the DLC, so none of the cheapskates still playing vanilla Geneva Convention do it.
>>
>>29784672
You're going to get called a retarted cod kiddie for this post, and rightfully so, but I'll humor you

>cartridge size (allows for more propellant)
>barrel length (more room for the pressure to speed up the projectile)
>type of projectile (ap, hp, incendiary, ect)
>>
Mostly caliber conversions. A 10 mm slide and barrel for you Glock/1911, an upper for your AR in 6.5 Grendel, that sort of thing. The only way to increase velocity without changing the load is to increase barrel length, which can kill maneuverability. Most every other modification is meant to change or improve how you manipulate and employ the weapon (slings, foregrips, optics, the like).
>>
>>29784672
>something that adds additional mass
A bigger bullet.
Retard.
>>
>>29784672
Just got done playing Mass Effect, huh?
>>
>>29784672
Dunno about damage, but my laser sight gives my +2 accuracy
>>
>>29784710
>In 2016, a meltdown of a nuclear power plant creates a big catastrophe in Tokyo. 20 years later, the city has become a ghost town due to the high levels of radiation. From that area a distress signal is received. The Self Defense forces dispatch three girls from the special unit Coppelion to search for survivors. But why aren't they wearing any protection against radiation?

Why haven't I heard of this before?
>>
>>29784672
>Are there any weapon mods that actually improve the amount of damage dealt by a rifle?

handloads

>>29785293
my NotLantac in the GiTS game on Steam gives me +2 accuracy and I don't even have to give away my position
>>
>>29784786

pretty sure he meant momentum, anon
>>
>>29785432
Holy shit, someone on /k/ can Google, image search, and/or read filenames.

Probably because the show was generally received as "infuriating." Mangafags hated how the anime focused on mostly inconsequential parts of the manga, and everyone else thought that all the bullshit that filled the bulk of the airtime was bullshit.

I liked it, though.
>>
Yeah, but it's not a mod per-say. Thrust the rifle forward when you shoot and it'll make the bullet go faster.
>>
>>29784672
Suppressors are like adding an extra length of barrel, so there's a velocity increase.
>>
Yeah generally if you hand the gun to an adult it will be more effective.

And remember kids, if you see a gun, don't touch it.
>>
File: 1460893871220.jpg (28 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1460893871220.jpg
28 KB, 512x384
>>29784701
>>
>>29785502
>Holy shit, someone on /k/ can Google, image search, and/or read filenames.

Unfortunately a mass majority of the time people don't put it in the filename, the image isn't reverse searchable, or some other fuckery

>and everyone else thought that all the bullshit that filled the bulk of the airtime was bullshit.

Hmm
I guess I'll have to watch it
I'm fairly open minded when it comes to pointless entertainment, so I can't imagine I'd hate it
>>
>>29785618
If nothing else, the art and music are good. Prepare to rage at every utterance that comes out of the mouth of any of the protagonists, though.
>>
>>29785633
>Prepare to rage at every utterance that comes out of the mouth of any of the protagonists, though.

Say dumb shit or cringy dialogue?
>>
>>29785708
The former. You have an incorrigible pacifist who refuses to do the one thing that would win the story arc five seconds after meeting the principal antagonists, and a whiny bitch that panics, hides, throws tantrums, and gets people killed.

There absurdities in the plot itself that rankle autists, but I think those are actually one of the cartoon's redeeming features.
>>
>>29785751
getting pissed at characters is what brings people back, though

I suppose autists can't handle it, but meh

Psycho Pass had me fuming when triangle eyes wouldn't just blast the fucker with the shotgun and then he kills her friend
>>
>>29785751
So it's YankeeMarshal and James Yeager?
>>
File: laughingnigger.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
laughingnigger.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>29785812
>>
>>29784672
>being this 12
>cawadooty
>>
>>29785798
That actually didn't bother me. You have a society where everything is run by computers, because computers are always right. Computers decide where you go to school, for how long, and for what degree. Computers decide where you work. Computers decide what's in the media. Computers decide what thoughts are OK, and which ones require "therapy." Computers decide what the laws are, and who's guilty of breaking them.

Nobody ever thinks their OWN society is totalitarian, so this is clearly the perfectly natural state of affairs. It's good, in fact, because it clearly makes sure everyone is safe and happy.

The main character is not only the product of this environment, but also a woman. And she has a lot invested in the official version of reality being Correct and Just -- the computers gave her good schools, good friends, good living arrangements, and even a REAL choice in jobs! The world was her oyster.

She was the 1% of that world, and had every reason to believe the computers were not only just but infallible. In fact, her sense of reality would have depended on that being true.

So I found it entirely plausible that she was unable to do anything but wet herself. Not only was her benevolent god, the shaper of her and everyone's universe WRONG, but it was actively telling her the murderer of her friend was Good. Even more than she was! Imagine being a Jew and God coming down, whispering "Hitler did nothing wrong" in your ear, and then torching your friend in front of you.

And THEN imagine that you're a woman, who has ONLY shot Smart Tasers (that are only for cops), and is totally bitch scared of shotgun recoil, and would probably miss and off her friend anyway because lol not auto-aim.

Shit made perfect sense.
>>
>>29786012
I understand the idea why she didn't
That doesn't mean I'm not still fucking mad that it happened because people are putting morals above the right thing to do

I guess it's because these people actually exist
>>
>>29786070
It's not even an I'm-too-moralfag-to-shoot thing. Normally, the GUN decides who dies, but this time it refused to save her friend. For literally the first time in her life, she HAS to make a moral decision, all on her own, without a computer telling her what the right answer is.

Then, while she's under incredible stress AND trying to make her first ever moral decision, the computer that controls her thoughts is telling her "don't shoot, the guy murdering your friend is just swell."

If you live your entire life entrusting every moral decision to a computer, AND that computer tells you saving your friend is WRONG, you'd have a helluva time figuring out right from wrong. Not because you're too much of a moralfag, but because you never actually had any morals at all, aside from "just following orders" from HAL.

So, not only does she have to come to grips with the fact that everything she knows is a lie, she has to do that faster than a psychopath can flick his wrist. And then, she needs to resolve to FIRE the shotgun despite living in the most anti-gun society possible, AND overcome the fear of recoil, missing, and offing her friend.

It'd be some unrealistic Mary Sue bullshit if she DID come to terms with everything that quickly, shot, and hit.
>>
>>29786204
Anon
I know
I get it
>>
>>29786258
I'll take a deep breath then. It still pisses me off that that pissed people off, and my autism can't cope.
>>
>>29786276
It didn't piss me off in the sense of bad movie writing, it pissed me off that she couldn't because it's against MY thinking

The whole point was for the scene to frustrate the viewer and make them not just dislike Sibyl, but hate it

Now obviously autists can't into good writing, so there will be fags who get mad
>>
>>29786305
Ditto. I KNEW the bitch wasn't going to make it--Urobutcher gives NO one plot armor--but had to watch it anyway. Sibyl went from "preachy dystopian bullshit" to "FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY FUCK STAHP NO STAHP FUCK", unexpectedly, in the span of seconds.
>>
>>29785531
Can confirm, that's why cowboys do the robot when shooting two pistols. Whipping the bullets out of the guns.
>>
>>29786370
>Sibyl went from "preachy dystopian bullshit" to "FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY FUCK STAHP NO STAHP FUCK", unexpectedly, in the span of seconds.

Do you mean Psycho Pass or am I missing something?

>Urobutcher gives NO one plot armor

It kind of frustrated me when triangle eyes' Psycho Pass didn't go up after her friend died and she managed to go back to work
Like, it just seemed kind of plot armor/mary sue
I really wanted her PP to at least go UP
>>
>>29785798
I enjoy very little anime for various reasons, most of it isn't recent. Friend recommended psycho pass and I couldn't make it any more than 2 episodes
>>
>>29786439
1. sounds like you are rather impulsive
2. the first 4 episodes are slow and set up the character, it picks up a lot and then just keeps climbing all the way to the end
>>
>>29786415
>Like, it just seemed kind of plot armor/mary sue
>I really wanted her PP to at least go UP
That also bothered me, but I came to terms with it. Perfect Hue Always Despite Anything was her defining character trait since episode one, and how she got the cop job in the first place.

And since neither of their hues are affected by brutality, it lets Shogo play you're-just-like-me mind games.
>>
>>29786486
I suppose
I just wish she'd have been more upset or PTSDish

Hell, Full Metal Panic of all things did PTSD better
>>
>>29786523
It's been a while since I watched it, but I think she was upset that she wasn't upset. That was close enough for me.
>>
File: weallgondie.gif (630 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
weallgondie.gif
630 KB, 300x169
>>29786533
I still need to watch season 2
>mfw they didn't have Urobuttface write it

unfortunately I can't find it dubbed for download anywhere and only one site is streaming

>inb4 dubs
They did a damn good job and had an all star cast
Bite me
>>
>>29786545
>dubs
>streaming
Triggered. Consider yourself bitten.
>>
>>29786557
I actually watched the first 2 or 3 episodes in both and while there was a little emotion lost in the dub, it came through fairly clearly for the rest of it

My biggest complaint with the dub is that her character seemed more confident and know-it-all vs a more demure Jap voice
>>
>>29784672
Optimizing the barrel length for a specific amount of powder, so all of it is burned while the bullet is still in the barrel, but short enough that extra friction doesn't slow it down.

Depleted uranium bullets are specifically intended to increase mass and increase impact energy.

A mounted weapon, bolt action rested against a wall, and other situations where recoil is more difficult/impossible should result in more energy down range. (Personal theory)

Maybe a very well-engineered linear compensator could add more energy to bullet, but it would likely be minimal.

Then you always have different ammunition types. Hollow points will transfer more energy into a fleshy target, rather than just zipping through them, DUC and other AP rounds will penetrate well, high-explosive rounds do exist, but their effectiveness against human-sized targets is suspect. Lastly, Lehigh Defense has some very interesting bullet designs that actually do increase effectiveness of the bullet significantly.

The best way to improve the damage a rifle does is to ensure it's easy to get it on target and easy to land follow-up shots. Ideally, you want a well-balanced, maneuverable and light rifle with a good compensator and quality optics.
>>
>>29786461
Guess I'll give it another shot.

Not very impulsive honestly,I mean gundam wing was one of my favorites. I think it's just a combination of not having a strong taste for the way a lot of anime feels and my tendency to need to be on the mood for it. Doesnt help that this friend will watch whatever and most other people I know that like anime tend to watch stuff that far and away from what I like. The usual GitS, tri-gun, cowboy bebop, Armitage, blood, Gundams of most varieties.

I guess the oh so common style of "teenagers gets thrown into outlandish scenario and becomes a badass based on ideals in a super Japanese way" just doesnt do it for me.
>>
>>29786599
I think you'll like Psycho Pass
Like I said, the first 4 episodes are very heavy on triangle eyes and it branches out, introducing the other characters slowly

You have to watch it from the point of view of a non-casual viewing
You can't look at it from the perspective of normal anime where you meet everyone in the first episode
It takes it's time to build on itself
>>
>>29786599
It's Urobutcher. The entire show is about slowly and sadistically crushing the soul of that outlandish teenager. The most badass thing she does is not an hero herself six episodes in.

No plot armored heroine climbing the power treadmill here, boss.
>>
>>29786594
>A mounted weapon, bolt action rested against a wall, and other situations where recoil is more difficult/impossible should result in more energy down range. (Personal theory)

....have you ever seen a slow motion video of a weapon firing....you probably think semi-autos lose a lot of velocity compared to bolt actions don't you...
>>
>>29786654
...your sentence... lost a lot... of velocity... because... you punctuate... like a... faggot...
>>
>>29786615
Alright cool, next time I have a weekend to kill I'll give it a fair chance

>>29786635
So is Urobutcher like the Cormac McCarthy of Japan?
>>
>>29786673
Ill take that as a "no", sorry it wounded your theory.
>>
>>29786594
>A mounted weapon, bolt action rested against a wall, and other situations where recoil is more difficult/impossible should result in more energy down range. (Personal theory)

well your theory is complete bullshit and uneducated

>Maybe a very well-engineered linear compensator could add more energy to bullet, but it would likely be minimal.

Suppressors increase velocity
>>
>>29786680
Sounds close enough. He's also infamous for writing a happy-go-lucky magical girl show, which are normally about the power of love and friendship, and then brutally murdering all of the girls. He did that just to fuck with fans of the genre, who, expecting the show to be about the power of love and friendship, watched the show long enough to get attached to the girls.

>>29786691
Not even my theory. I'm here to talk about years-old chinese girl cartoons and call you a fag.
>>
>>29786735
I still need to watch that
thanks for giving it away though, cunt
>>
>>29786745
While I'm at it, Rosebud is a sled, Nagisa dies at the end of Clannad, and Hillary Clinton wins the presidency.
>>
>>29786772
I have no idea what the first one means and I'm not reading the rest
>>
>>29786772
I don't know what Clannad is and I'll probably forget this post by the time I ever actually saw it
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.