[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Vodnik.jpg (37 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
Vodnik.jpg
37 KB, 640x397
What happened to the vodnik?
I've only ever seen the tigr used by the russians recently, the vodnik seems absent in the armed forces.
>>
No idea man, but I wanna know.
>>
>>29784466
It is irritating, I've read wikipedia and watched a few vidoes and it seems like a really interesting little fellow. It would fit excentlly into what they're doing with the armata. There must be a good reason behind it not being at the forefront of their parades and all.
>>
>>29784487
From what I've read, apparently it was more expensive and less versatile. While the former makes senser, the latter doesn't. The intention of the vehicle was to adapt to situations needed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-LXLwrIR-U
Oh hey, it actually is in use.
>>
File: BF2SF_Vodnik.png (1 MB, 1360x500) Image search: [Google]
BF2SF_Vodnik.png
1 MB, 1360x500
>>29784443

It was a sweet ride in BF2.
>>
File: jF2z3tg[1].jpg (362 KB, 2250x1500) Image search: [Google]
jF2z3tg[1].jpg
362 KB, 2250x1500
>>29784443
Tigr-M seems to meet their requirements better
>>
>>29785572
I mean, that'd be the explanation. But what does it have over a modular build and amphibious abilities?
>>
>>29785572
Less expensive, a bit more mine resistant, more mobile. I don't think the Vodnik's modularity really went anywhere
>>
>>29785840
I'm surprised it is more mine resistant, I understand less expensive and it's speed though.
>>
>>29785461
More of a sweet target for the SRAW and any missile launcher.
>>
>>29786020
It's a pretty decent armoured vehicle in arma.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.