[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me. I have been shooting firearms at least once a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: red.jpg (76 KB, 1300x620) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
76 KB, 1300x620
Please help me.
I have been shooting firearms at least once a week for the bast 2 months with ear muffs and I have this weird sound that won't go away in my ears.
It's a volumetric humming seashell sound accompanied by a high pitch 'fluid' sound.
What is going on?
inb4 webMD
>>
>>29782148
Tinnitus?
>>
>>29782148
Have you never heard of tinnitus, or is this bait/humour? You need to go see an ear doctor and INCREASE YOUR EAR PROTECTION. Wear double protection, in-ear with over-ear on top, ESPECIALLY if you're shooting in-doors.

If this was humour, which it almost certainly was but too drunk, then:
>can't come up with a funny EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE can't hear what you're saying so here's a funny thing.
>>
>>29782158
How long will this last?
>>
>>29782186
How should I approach buying in-ear protection?

Also not bait, I was retarded enough to shoot .50AE in closed range a few times.
>>
>>29782197
I wear earplugs under my Sordins when I shoot indoors, it helps a lot.

>>29782187
My little brother has tinnitus and a doctor can recommend some medicines that may help reduce the symptoms. It really depends how badly you fucked your ears though
>>
>>29782240
Thank you.
Any tips on buying in-ears? Anything to look for or avoid?
>>
>>29782257
I have those Surefire sonic defenders or whatever but just the disposable ones would work too as long as you have decent over hear earpro too
>>
>>29782197
>How should I approach buying in-ear protection?
Just your ordinary earplugs will do, but you might consider getting some molded plugs, which fit perfectly for you and can be re-used.
If you use normal plugs, make sure they're correctly inserted, hold them in your ear for atleast 30 seconds and make sure they're deep inside. They should be hardly visible from the front, if they are, they're poorly applied.

Make sure you wear no hats or such under your over earpro. They should be in contact with your skin and hair as tight as possible.
>>
>>29782292
>>29782317
Thank you!
I think my glasses frames were pushing the muffs out of contact...
>>
File: 1386508539879.png (73 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
1386508539879.png
73 KB, 612x792
>>29782352
Well, it shouldn't be an issue as long as you have those in-ears on. I've glasses myself and I make sure to have my in-ears properly in before I fire, since the over ears will always suffer due to the glasses.

I hope that'll solve your issues. If the tinnitus is bothering you, you should really visit a doctor, since tinnitus can be treated at its early stages and you don't want it to become worse by any means.
>>
I'm honestly surprised most people don't do this, but anytime i'm shooting indoors I always double up. I'll put in the soft roll-up ear pro on under the ear muff kind. They're not expensive at all. As far as I know they're literally just small pieces of soft foam. You should be able to buy boxes of them at a time for pretty cheap.

Also keep in mind that hearing damage is cumulative. Any damage you sustain will just make your hearing that much worse forever. If you're going to shoot a lot, this is not a place to skimp.
>>
>>29782469
>I'm honestly surprised most people don't do this, but anytime i'm shooting indoors I always double up.
Inna FDF it's a requirement if you're shooting under a roof with a wall behind you. You really should double-up whenever possible. The 1 minute used to add extra protection is well worth retaining your hearing and not being fucked by the eternal EEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I always double up even while outdoors. I can take off the muffs when we're not shooting for comfort and easy chatting, but leave the foamies in so as not have instant tinnitis in the rare event I forget to put the muffs back on for the first shot or two when we get back.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.