[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Picture/drawing of a someone holding a fake/airsoft/unloaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
>Picture/drawing of a someone holding a fake/airsoft/unloaded gun
>Hundreds of neckbeards commenting on lack of trigger discipline for something that isn't going to fire anyway

Why are you guys so fucking sensitive about this?
>>
>>29780240
No one likes an nd. An nd could hit yourself or anyone else at the range. And from the picture it looks real enough
>>
>>29780240
In this case I choose to believe that he intends to shoot the upper area of the wall just off camera.
>>
>>29780270
>>29780281

I'm not talking about this particular picture. I mean things like cosplayers holding guns that are obviously not real, or at least not loaded.
>>
>>29780240

I think a soldier and weapons designer knows enough about his own, empty weapon not the ND it.

People just want the chance to be right about something so that they may correct others and be viewed as an authority figure.

Others think it is their responsibility to keep people safe.

It's the human condition to want or mandate love or respect.
>>
>>29780297
I don't really have a problem with it. The thing is if you have perfect trigger discipline all the time then you'll never have an nd. If you get a little lax the chance is probably still minimal you might just rest your finger on the trigger without knowing it. Turn to say something to your buddy and then nd.
>>
>>29780380
if it's a gun hobbyist or a soldier or anyone else who frequently handles guns, it's more justified. But this shit happens even on pictures cosplayers and models who are fully aware the gun is fake and that they will probably never handle a real gun either since they simply don't want to, so it's not like they need to get into the habit.
>>
>>29780414
Yeah I could give a shit less if it was some Japanese qt with an obvious prop gun and her finger on the trigger.
>>
>>29780240
I think it's because if you handle guns at a regular basis, trigger discipline becomes a habit that you just do and the act of putting your finger on the trigger is something you only do when shooting.
>>
>>29780240

Because people who have handled guns get OCD about it. They know the danger a firearm presents and fear it rightfully.
I, for once, have never owned a handgun, only held one once at a local shooting range(would own one, but Germany, fml). But I did research and learned about firearms. My brother held an airsoft into my face once. It was unloaded, I knew it because I handled it before. I still instinctively swatted the barrel away, repeatedly. It was just seeing it pointed at me > OH BOY, BETTER MAKE IT POINT SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Guns, or weapons in general, are serious shit.
>>
>>29780537
Having a gun, real or fake, pointed at you isn't the same as seeing a picture of someone holding a gun improperly while pointing it somewhere else though.
>>
>>29780240
Idk, OP, why are you so sensitive about being corrected?
It's just bad gun etiquette.
Just because you're a manchild playing with an airsoft/toy gun it doesn't mean I shouldn't still correct your bad behavior. Doing it in a picture doesn't make it any less stupid or unsafe.

My safety > Your ego
>>
>>29780978
>a picture on the internet taken in a completely safe environment with no threats whatsoever harms my safety
>>
>>29780297
But for this particular picture the lack of trigger discipline is awesome. I like to imagine he ND'd inside that house, threw the gun to the floor, and said "rifle is fine" before walking out.

I know if he did that at my house I'd frame the hole(s).
>>
>>29781029
>butthurt greentext mode activate
> muh "but it's only a picture!!!111"
It also threatens your own safety and that of those around you. If you think it's okay to do it in pictures then it's safe to assume your dumb ass will probably do it in person and that could affect me or another human being so obviously I'm going to correct you.
I'm sorry that you have terminal autism and can't comprehend empathy or manners.
>>
>>29780240
To be fair, kalashnikov was was soldier before trigger discipline was commonplace
>>
>>29781232
>If you think it's okay to put your finger on the trigger of fake guns in pictures then it's safe to assume your dumb ass will probably fire an actual gun at a human being
You're the one slinging insults and getting buttmad, anon
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.