[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So an armed robbery just happened on my street. I live in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: HPIM0620.jpg (706 KB, 1952x1596) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0620.jpg
706 KB, 1952x1596
So an armed robbery just happened on my street. I live in a upper west neighborhood of Chicago.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-2-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-logan-square-20160429-story.html

Would carrying have prevented the loss of property? Guy pulls a gun and points it at your head, do you just give him the wallet and phone and leave? What if you were carrying? How would you deal with the situation? Also, I'm in the market for handguns now. Paranoid as fuck.
>>
File: 1387940459370.jpg (514 KB, 1600x973) Image search: [Google]
1387940459370.jpg
514 KB, 1600x973
>>
Probably not but if the next guy brings a knife or you carry conspicuously it probably wouldn't happen in the first place.
>>
Do the Djibouti shooty on em
>>
>>29778308
Dude my girlfriend is moving in soon. I'm scared some dindu is gonna take her shit and she's gonna be terrified. I can't let that happen. I'll probably walk with her at night. Like make her take uber if I can't pick her up.
>>
>>29778275
>logan square
how about not living in a hipster shithole neighborhood? KYS
>>
>>29778275
>robbary
>in chicago
Golly, is water wet too?

Thenpoint of carrying is that you are able to assess and deal with threats before they become a problem, look at body language and listen to your surroundings/ avoid areas where muggers might stalk in the first place. If you have to go, look confidant and keep aware of your surroundings while having your hands close to where your gun is, muggers aren'y looking for a fight, they are looking for money that would be easier than getting a job, you make it look like work they'll be more likely to pass you by.

However all that is useless if the gun os already out. Once that happens no amount of quick drawing can save you, you need to make a calculation wheather your life is more or less in danger if you comply and you need to commit 100% to your chosen action. You might be able to draw by pretending you are going for your wallet and there are special holsters designed to aid in this appearence but again that is risk.
>>
>>29778275
>Would carrying have prevented the loss of property?
You should be more worried about the loss of life. Do you trust your life and the life of the ones you love to a criminal? No? Then carry.
>>
>>29778347
Dude I have a beautiful Victorian apartment. I fucking hate hipsters as much as the next guy but I couldn't turn this place down. It's cheap and I get the garden level and the first floor all to my self. 1500 square feet. It's also close to my job. I hate the hipster scum that live around me
>>
>>29778348
>However all that is useless if the gun os already out.
It doesn't matter. Carrying gives you an opportunity.

How you make use of that opportunity is up to you.

Better than training a quick draw is training a good head on your shoulders.
>>
Here is another story of a Logan Square shooting but this time the guy was stopped by a guy with a conceal carry license.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-concealed-carry-shooting-interview-met-20151120-story.html
>>
>>29778371
Get your gf and yourself trained in CC as soon as possible and if it gets bound up carry anyway if your life is in definite danger, an NRA membership with the insurance is a great way to avoid getting bankrupt because your life was in danger but the city decides you or your GF are the greater danger than the criminal because of your 'unlawful' carry.

>>29778374
I know, just saying that a gun should be out and ready before any trouble or just avoid it altogether, it gives you a much better chance at defense than 0% without a gun but you need to learn to stack the deck in your favor after that.
>>
>>29778414
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it man.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 750x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 750x568
"GIMME YO WALLET WHITE BOI"
>>
>>29778464
Lmao
>>
File: M1911.jpg (311 KB, 1382x778) Image search: [Google]
M1911.jpg
311 KB, 1382x778
>>29778275
It would not have prevented a mugger from trying, but you don't always know they're just going to let you go or whatever.
>>
If an armed guy us mugging you and you pull a gun on him the odds of you getting yourself shot go up substantially. Tbh the smartest thing to do would be to give the guy your wallet, it's not worth your life. If he doesn't have a gun however then having one yourself will almost certainly scare him off.
>>
>>29778509
Agreed. I also don't want the mugger to steal my gun. So where should I carry it? Not appendix
>>
>>29778515
Some of the old school revolvers had holsters designed to shoot through your pocket. If you don't mind having to buy a new jacket later on, that sort of holster could help.
>>
>>29778662
That's badass
>>
File: mugging waiting to happen.jpg (45 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
mugging waiting to happen.jpg
45 KB, 852x480
>>29778348

>The point of carrying is that you are able to assess and deal with threats before they become a problem

Fucking this. A gun isn't a magic talisman that wards off dindus. When you are out and about your head needs to be on a swivel and you need to be assessing everything. Learn Jeff Cooper's threat condition colors and live them.

https://www.policeone.com/police-trainers/articles/2188253-Coopers-colors-A-simple-system-for-situational-awareness/

Whatever you do, don't be pic related.
>>
>carrying
>live in chicago
Fucking pick one
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.