[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nikon Optics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: nikon.jpg (17 KB, 420x317) Image search: [Google]
nikon.jpg
17 KB, 420x317
I'm finishing up my AR and I want to know if Nikon makes good scopes. I'm looking at their 1.5-6 M-223 and I want to know if any of you have had experience with them.
>>
Get a Primary Arms at the minimum, Vortex if you hate good reticles and have money to spend
Better reticle, better glass, better warranty
>>
>>29775058
I have one and while it's pretty decent my biggest complaint is the eye relief. You have to look through the scope just right or else you won't get a good picture. Your eye relief basically has to be perfect where as some scopes are a little more forgiving and you can still acquire a good picture even if your eye isn't the exact right distance from the lense
>>
>>29775108
known as the eye box
>>
I mean there are far worse options, but considering you're probably not a Tier-Negative One operator it will good for your application.

Which I'm assuming is plinking, the occasional longer distance (>100yds) shooting, possible hunting/hog extermination/coyote removal.

I mean this scope is good for all of those things except for longer range shooting and home defense. Its also reasonably priced and Nikon has a decent rep. Fucking buy it.
>>
>>29775058
I have one on my 25-06. It is lovely and bright and clear.

I still maintain that a Burris is the better scope for the money. Lifetime warantee, etc.
>>
>>29775116
Don't fucking correct me you little bitch cunt
>>
Nikon optics SHOULD be superior to primary arms trash, but they don't use their really nice coatings on scopes AFAIK.

I have several pairs of nikon binos and the image quality is just breathtaking
>>
I used one of their P series (their cheapest I think) scopes for a bit. It was decent. I had no issues with eye relief, since it was setup right and having a consistant checkweld helps. Clear picture IIRC.

I've only used close range stuff though, out to only 100 yards.
>>
>>29775058
I bought one of these. well made as Nikon should be. there is a wealth if ballistic information to go with the scope on their website, ballistic calculator and such.
>>
I just got my first ak, and am thinking of putting a simple scope on it. What's my best bet for $100 or less?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.