[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is white lithium grease good for guns? It's cheap, universally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: white lithium.jpg (16 KB, 320x264) Image search: [Google]
white lithium.jpg
16 KB, 320x264
Is white lithium grease good for guns? It's cheap, universally available, and resists high temperatures.
>>
Only the stuff that resists oxidation and has good reversibility, otherwise it gunks up like a motherfucker. Personally, I would use aluminum based grease over lithium.
>>
>>29773999
Use it all the time, works great. Don't put too much or you gunk the shit up, and throwing your gun into a pile of sand will cause it to get all up in the grease, so don't do that.
>>
>>29773999
Use lithium grease with moly and EP additives.

The Swiss army does the same exact thing, standard issue automatenfett is lithium grease with moly and other additives to improve performance under high pressure and temperature.
>>
Considering it is intended for use inside *sealed* bearings

No, literally not helpful
>>
>>29776748
I only use Automatenfett on my guns, but it the high pressure part is relative
for the 35mm guns we use high pressure grease (which sticks to anything like hell)
>>
>>29776769
person who doesn't know a fucking thing spotted
>>
>>29776914
The range master at Ingold's covered my gun with artillery fat (had a faulty mag, and he thought the gun was too dry - an AK, too dry...). It was a pain in the ass to remove. Solved the mag problem with a file and a hammer.
>>
>>29777947
>letting him
>complaining about it later
>>
>>29778048
Not complaining. Just that grease was difficult to get rid off, especially on the recoil spring.
>>
>>29776914
Yeah, 35mm cannons are a specialized application. You want NLGI no. 2 max, anything thicker is going to be obnoxious to use.
>>
File: 1461230780209.jpg (513 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1461230780209.jpg
513 KB, 1500x1500
>>29773999
Nice get
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.