[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If we have a ground invasion against ISIS in Iraq and Syria,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: desert.jpg (17 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
desert.jpg
17 KB, 400x223
If we have a ground invasion against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, what kind of equipment would be used? Will it be the same shit that we use now, or is there new weapons that are yet to be announced? When will the next rifle come out for military?
>>
>>29771344
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
Tfw the kebabs on shows like Homeland are super smart and organized and real life is fucking Abu Hajaar
>>
>>29771364
>>29771383
Alright, I know this isn't k related, but realistically, how long would it take to wipe ISIS out? I mean, obviously that video shows that they aren't a effective conventional fighting force, would they do any better as insurgents though?
>>
As long as we bring rockets for vehicles AND people we'll have them outmatched.

>implying we can hit them while they tac roll into the desert
>>
>>29771425

Probably. Their most effective weapon is shit like Paris and Mumbai and Brussels and et al
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 618x600
>>29771383
Please don't bully Abu. He was trying his best to mount the gun and provide suppression byt couldn't because of their shitty makeshift and cramped vehicle
>>
>>29771425
>That video of two fighters shows how an entire organization operates

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>29771344
>New rifle for the military
Standard issued M4A1s. We won't be using M16A2s and A3s. Most of our equipment since the Iraq conflict has been modified, M203A1/A2. M1A2 SEPs tanks and Bradleys would see service again. I'm assuming most battles would be fought on tbe open fields and urban settings. Oh and also:
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>>
>>29771425
Longer than our lifetimes, since we are fighting ideology. Bomb them/fight them in Syria/Iraq, they go to Libya.

Bomb them/ fight them in Libya, they go to X or Y.
>>
>>29771344
We would use everything that we could afford to lose to them
>>
>>29771344
Dragon dildos
>>
>>29771761
considering the state of the treasury and the fact that OEF and OIF cost about a trillion all told that's not very much
>>
>>29771582
>We won't be using M16A2s and A3s.
SO now that USMC has adopted M4A1, will we see surplus demilled M16A4 kits?
>>
>>29771857
I was hoping I would see this as an answer. /k/ never disappoints
>>
>>29771527
Was it ever said on whether or not he died? I'd like to think that he died with one last 'WHAT THE HELL ABU HAJAAR!?', maybe even while doing slow combat rolls.
>>
>>29772091
Doubt it. They'll just convert just convert existing A4 stocks to M4A1s. You might see some A4 rails and buttstocks hit the market, but uppers and lowers will likely just get recycled.
>>
>>29771344
i get the impression that they're about 2 steps away from human wave tactics
if so, lots of crowd pleasers
cluster munitions
cannister rounds
spooky gunships
etc
>>
>>29773131
I would hate to see what Cannister shot does to a lightly armored target, or an un armored one.

I imagine its like blasting a rotisserie chicken with 00 buckshot
>>
>>29773218
one would hope.
the object is to kill the bad guys before they get a chance to kill you and your buddies.
the more deader, the better.
its not like there would be any prisoner exchanges or christmas truces with isis.
>>
My hope is that the m27 iar makes its way over to the army and that it replaces half of the saws per squad

Accurate point suppressing fire has been proven to be more effective than inaccurate area suppressing fire.

While I would have hoped for a heavy barrel regular DI ar15, I'll accept and deal with the m27.
>>
>>29773605
>im retarded: the post
>>
File: wow.jpg (67 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
67 KB, 2000x1200
>>29771732

round up all the muslims and throw them into camps and exterminate them.

problem solved, world made better.

I'll take my Nobel prize now.
>>
>>29773605
Not happening, the army doesn't work that way.
More likely to either keep buying SAW's (Mk46) to replace SAW's, or replace the system with the KAC LMG or the HK MG4
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.