[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT, the worst brands for /k/ stuff but also their one redeeming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: sun tzu cant beat them drones.png (117 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
sun tzu cant beat them drones.png
117 KB, 650x350
>ITT, the worst brands for /k/ stuff but also their one redeeming quality.

Cold Steel is the worst of the big knife brands

They are the cringiest company by far, everything about them, from their products to their marketing to their fanbase is pure ponytail-and-fedora tactical euphoria. Plus their shit is overpriced considering materials used and simplistic design/construction. I base this mainly on their pocket knives because that's what I know best, but I would assume it applies to everything else too.

BUT I appreciate the fact that they're trying different things. Many of their designs are fairly unique as far as name-brand knives go. IF I actually wanted something weird like an Espada or Kudu it's nice to know that there's something out there bridging the gap between the flea market and custom/artisan knives.
>>
>>29771118
Kelly Tec and Taurus. Their products are generally shit quality, but they seem to be the only gun manufacturers brave enough to actually try to innovate instead of just churning out the same safe, boring designs forever and ever.
>>
>>29771118
Yeah you're wrong though. They have plenty of meme katanas and marketing, but materials for the price and their durability is pretty unmatched. Benchmade and spyderco? Now that shit is overpriced
>>
>>29771210
>Coldsteel good
>benchmade bad

poorfag detected

wewlad
>>
>>29771239
There's plenty of cold steel shit that costs more than benchmade blades. Choosing to carry a $50 dollar folder over a $500 dollar folder doesn't make you poor. I never said benchmade was bad, just overpriced.
>>
File: csrecon.jpg (60 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
csrecon.jpg
60 KB, 880x660
>>29771210
Benchmade and Spyderco are a step above CS. With plastic handles and AUS-8 blades we're in Gerber territory here.

Take the CS recon for example. A very basic folder with AUS-8A blade steel (meh) and basic, slab side G10 (glorified fiberglass).

Why is this $80? It's made from the same stuff as a Gerber or a Buck or CRKT that's half it's price, and isn't especially fancy or complex or anything else to justify the price.

Don't even get me started on shit like the ranch boss, $200+ for the quality of a $50 Case or Old Timer knife?
>>
>>29771313
Pretty sure they switched to ctsxhp instead of aus8 years ago. Just saying it's not bad if you know what you're getting.
>>
I fondled a Code 4 a few days ago, and it was surprisingly decent. Nice action and finish and it felt solid. It seemed at least on par with similarly priced Kershaws. I'd be OK with carrying one were it not for the back lock and the size.
>>
>>29771118
I have a cold steel kukri machete, its heldu up better than i expected a ~$22 machet too.
>>
>>29771313
Doesn't that have a 5.5 inch blade though compared to 3 or 3.5 from gerber, buck or Crkt?
>>
>>29771375
You can get buck knives from ~2" blade up to ~7" blades.
on that note, bucks are awesome.
>>
>>29771443
And the 5in are $80 or more just like cold steel
>>
>>29771339
It was literally like a year ago.

Credit where credit's due, but it still took them like 15 years to do something other knife companies had being doing for years.
>>
>>29771159
I wouldn't call Taurus innovative
>>
>>29771159
I like my PF-9
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.