[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried launching explosives from one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 550x350
Has anyone here tried launching explosives from one of these?
>>
ATF plz no kill dog.
>>
>>29769012
No ATF here
>>
>>29769024
That's exactly what the ATF would say.
>>
No.
And their was a time when I was an avid potato gun hooligan.

I have seen a large number of potato gun failures and I would not consider one reliable enough for any kind of explosive payload.

Some designs are more reliable than others, but I have still not seen one that I would want to be anywhere near if it had a warhead in the pipe.

We did make some more exotic spud guns that were only fired remotely. Pvc with a high pressure burst disk charged with butane and pressurized oxygen. Full nope, so we would fire it on a bipod with a remote ignition switch. I guess that could be done, ATF aside.
>>
I tried launching one of those mortar shell fireworks out of one.
DONT FUCKING TRY IT.
>>
>>29769920
I'm totally going to try it now.

What happened?
>>
File: ATF.png (115 KB, 334x249) Image search: [Google]
ATF.png
115 KB, 334x249
>>29768958

Yes... I do it all the time.

if you tell me where you live I can come out and help you shoot your own home made explosive potato rounds.
>>
>>29769920
I've actually done the same but I was pretty successful.

I made a re-useable pseudo sabot out of two old hackey sacks covered in some electrical tape and then greased up the barrel really good.

Had a friend light and drop the mortar in there and launched it.

Not really all that exciting though.
>>
>>29768958
build a pneumatic gun for that stuff, they are much more reliable.
>>
Used to launch those ball mortar fireworks far as fuck.
>>
They tried it in the VICE ISIS helmet cam video.
>>
>>29772064
I don't have a face for my fucking face when he is lighting a fuse on a grenade and trying to stuff it down that tube. Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>29768958
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_gun
>>
>>29769936
I put a couple of plastic grocery bags in the barrel as kind of a "wad" to keep the mortar shell in the barrel instead of it rolling into the combustion area and fucking me up. It didnt work. I was holding that PVC fucker and i hear the *tssssss* of the fuse and i reckon the fuse melted the plastic and it fell in anyway and BANG i was lit up like a fuckin christmas tree. Pvc splinters everywhere, it burst an eardrum and it fucked my hands up.
>TL;DR i drank too much and my hands started hurting
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.