[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swords
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Katana.jpg (429 KB, 3131x494) Image search: [Google]
Katana.jpg
429 KB, 3131x494
I like katanas. They're pretty sweet. A history of men using them more than just to kill, they harbored a warrior's soul within, the ability to use one could determine your social status within the entire world, and to tarnish your weapon was to insult yourself.

Claymores are up there. Long, hard, unwieldy, only the strongest of men were able to properly bring out the full potential of one.
>>
The AR-15 is the modern sword. warrior class blah blah defending honor blah blah
>>
>>29761308
The Gladius was the most effective sword in the world. Stupid simple and versatile enough for any situation a normal man would encounter.
>>
File: Cool as a cucumber baby.jpg (47 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cool as a cucumber baby.jpg
47 KB, 1000x1000
>>29761371
It was nice, but looks too much like a dagger.

Scimitars on the other hand, now there's a cool ass looking sword.
>>
>>29761308
Tfw I own a WW2 Japanese katana because my great great uncle was in Okinawa
>Weaboos pay hundreds for fake ones
feelsgood.jpg
>>
>>29761506
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
File: gladius.jpg (70 KB, 756x257) Image search: [Google]
gladius.jpg
70 KB, 756x257
>>29761487
Looking cool inversely correlates with effectiveness 99% of the time.
>>
File: Macuahuitl.jpg (42 KB, 736x256) Image search: [Google]
Macuahuitl.jpg
42 KB, 736x256
>>29761649
On that note, allow me to present you the Macuahitl. Not only does thing look like it will kill you instantly, this sucker is so sharp that the tips alone are enough to rip through your skin like butter.
>>
>>29761487
It looks like a zhanmadao, a falchion, and an overweight slab of bar stock had sex and this was the result.
>>
>>29761748
its shit. tips break off and are known for getting lodged in bone, by end of battle, you are stuck with a wiffleball bat.
>>
>>29761649
But I thought you said gladius was effective...
>>
>>29762090
theres a difference between looking cool, and lookin dead sexy....

esp a well made Mainz Gladius
>>
>>29761748

that's some Forsworn or Falmer shit right there.
>>
>>29761506
the ww2 ones could either be simple machined steel or heirloom blades depending on how rich the officer was
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.