[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stay sharp, stay safe. I'm Travis Haley and thanks for joining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Haley-With-Paper-Coastie.jpg (129 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
Haley-With-Paper-Coastie.jpg
129 KB, 640x417
Stay sharp, stay safe. I'm Travis Haley and thanks for joining me.
>>
>>29759874

>le ND face
>>
>>29759874
>ND but everything is okay
>later the video leaks but instead of saying "yeah thats why those techniques fucking suck" and making it a learning experience accuse them of slander
>be aware that they have the fucking video but accuse them anyway
>stay silent when video is released

what a retard

http://panteao.com/uncut-travis-haley-nd-video/
>>
>>29759961
He's still a better shooter than you will ever be lol
>>
>>29760166
Not him.

Even if that were so he's not a safer shooter.
>>
File: 1455169885607.jpg (1 MB, 3051x2326) Image search: [Google]
1455169885607.jpg
1 MB, 3051x2326
hes literally saying why he doesn't like those methods and then it NDs
>>
File: 1435594257023.jpg (176 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1435594257023.jpg
176 KB, 980x1040
>>29760187
So he's also a better shooter than Jeff Cooper? Ok kid.
>>
>>29760187

Not difficult when you don't own any guns.
>>
>>29760326
You're one of those guys that tells his ND greentexts in a ND thread and then argue with people it's normal, aren't you?
>>
>>29760377
Not really. But keep pretending you're more accomplished than Haley or Cooper because you don't actually own guns but hey! You've never had an ND!
>>
>>29760359
>>29760387

You're right, I have never ND'd

I own 3 guns BTW. And prior infantry with 2 deployments. I was just taught weapons safety and am not retarded.
>>
>>29760408
>I was just taught weapons safety and am not retarded.

more like you're a pog fuck that has never touched a gun outside of bootcamp. Sit the fuck down pencil pusher.
>>
>>29760423
OK Mr. Troll, if you say so. Keep on ND'ing maybe you'll kys.
>>
File: 1455029778085.gif (477 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
1455029778085.gif
477 KB, 400x273
>>29760445
I've been shooting for 5 years and still no ND. Keep being such a sperg because if-you-nd-you-are-literally-shit
>>
>>29760377
Not him, but I am one. Rather, not that it's normal, that it is human. The only argument people have, who say they will never ND, is I never have yet and take the rules seriously. (Which is anecdote, which is useless)

This is good though, you should strive to be safe, but the fact is that's not how the brain works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_reliability
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_error
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error-tolerant_design

The entire world is shaped around the naturally faulty brains of humans, to claim you will never in your life be at risk of ND, is to claim your brain is perfect in every way, and you are in complete control of it at all times, including the low level processes and functions. That you are actually consciously controlling every single signal sent through your nervous system. Which, itself, if you know anything about the brain is hilarious to claim.

I'm not using it as an excuse, nor am I defending Haley or how he handled the situation. It's a great learning experience, a reminder that even the best of us can fail, that we are all still humans, and the human brain is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect. He should have talked about it openly, used it as the learning experience, even explain why he doesn't like that technique because of that shit.

Didn't turn out that way, bummer.
>>
>>29759874
>people sperging about an ND

literally who gives a fuck?
>>
>>29760501
Not even sperging, you are. It's your attitude about it I question. Be more like >>29760513
>>
>>29760549
>It's your attitude about it

You're the one who is deducting Travis to being a low skilled shooter by saying he's unsafe with guns because of one incident. Go fuck yourself with your backpeddling.
>>
>>29760562
I never said he's unsafe. Someone said "he'll be a better shot than you ever will be"(You) and that is just a guess. I'm sure /k/ has great shots.

He has 1 ND I have 0. Didn't say he was unsafe, I said I was safer.

Don't backpedal yourself and stick up for your defensive spergy and shitty attitude.
>>
File: 1461612891861.gif (32 KB, 205x39) Image search: [Google]
1461612891861.gif
32 KB, 205x39
>>29760596

>Don't backpedal yourself and stick up for your defensive spergy and shitty attitude.
>does exactly that
>>
>>29760628
Last (You) that you get for free. Been around long enough to tell when I'm being trolled.

You can always tell when they reply very fast with little or nothing to say, they are used to their fast boards.

Go cry me a river you ND bitch boi.
>>
>>29760513
>The entire world is shaped around the naturally faulty brains of humans
Is this what they are teaching you fuckin shits in school now days? Its no wonder the US education system is on a double-black-diamond ski-slope decline in the past decade, esp with Common-Core being implemented.
>There are no wrong answers, just different ways to solve a question, and end up with all wrong answers besides one, but we still gonna pass all of you if you show your work.
>>
>>29760802
Poor bait.
>>
>>29760513
Which is why I guess you see planes fall out of the sky due to human error and other shit all the time right? It's called having a system and procedures, it's also why industrial accidents are statistically insignificant now. Saying that every responsible gun owner will eventually have an ND is the same as saying that every responsible driver will cause a car wreck. It's bullshit and retarded. Just because you can excuse it with
>lol it's just human nature to fuck up and potentially kill someone
Doesn't mean it's something that you shouldn't be shamed and ridiculed for, nor something that should be accepted as
>oh, this is okay, people make mistakes
It's not like Travis married a woman that would eventually cheat on him and then we're blaming him for that. But go ahead and ferociously defend your shitty shooting instructor idol.
>>
>>29760840
Tell us the story of how you had an ND and how it is completely natural.
>>
File: cover.jpg (280 KB, 1567x1600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
280 KB, 1567x1600
>>29760875
Still poor bait.

>>29760872
>Which is why I guess you see planes fall out of the sky due to human error and other shit all the time right?
Of course not, that's why they design aircraft with human error tolerant designs.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with mine, I'm assuming you believe I'm someone else.
>>
>>29760872
Have you ever heard of CFIT? Controlled flight into terrain. Biggest cause of air accidents. Literally means the pilot wasn't paying attention and flew into the ground.
>>
>>29759961
I think his beef was the video was on youtube (unlisted) when it wasn't supposed to be on the web at all. And the video was edited in a way that was more unflattering than the raw footage. The "uncut" footage is not what originally leaked.
>>
>>29760985
Anyone have a link to the original? Would be dope.
>>
>>29760513
The reason why this isn't just a brain fart or a slip of attention, is that haley is trained enough to manipulate the safety on a subconscious level. When he's sighting the gun, the safety goes off. When he's lowering the gun, the safety goes on. That's the way they train and they practice thousands and thousands of repetitions.

So if he's just casually holding the rifle, his brain should be ITCHING to get that safety flipped on. Instead he leaves it off, while he's practicing trigger discipline techniques, that he's telling us are unsafe, with a loaded gun.

It's not like he was multitasking or distracted, or playing with the gun, which is how most ND's happen. He was demonstrating something that he knew was risky, so he should've paid extra attention, but he didn't. And it wasn't an inevitability of the human attention span, he made a conscious mistake.
>>
>>29760915
>>29760970
My point is that it's statistically insignificant, just like ND'ing should be. Also no one tries to make excuses for pilots that crash planes with no survivors. Every time there is a huge inquest, and no one tries to make excuses for them. No one just accepts it, they try and find solutions. No one should just accept ND's and they should take responsibility as an adult, instead of trying to blame the company that was recording it and acting like a child.
>>
>>29760970
>overworked pilots get fatigued and complacent

Yeah

This is why I'll never handle firearms when I'm not alert, I'll also pay the fuck attention and scrutinize myself in that small .00001% time of my life when I'm manipulating a firearm. Pilots don't have that luxury. I probably won't have an ND for the rest of my life, but I can't guarantee I won't crash a plane if it was my job to fly one.
>>
>>29761086
>The reason why this isn't just a brain fart or a slip of attention, is that haley is trained enough to manipulate the safety on a subconscious level.
Actually, that's called procedural memory, and it increases the risk of maladaptive brain activity change, aka, a brain fart.

This is why brain farts are such a thing, it has to do with a task you've done a thousand times and fuck it up somehow. Miss your exit, pause in forgetfulness at tying your shoes, take a drink from the wrong glass.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Maladaptive+Brain+Activity+Change

>>29761099
I don't think you realize I'm not making excuses, this isn't about defending Haley, as I literally said in my post, it was about the guy saying NDs aren't normal. Which, depending how you look at it, can and can't be. It's not the NORM, but it is a very real possibility everyone is at risk of due to the human brain. I even said Haley should have handled it differently, please read my post in its entirety.

Your statistics on air crashes vs ND is a bit bogus however. Not all pilot errors lead to crashes, not all NDs lead to people getting shot. There are plenty of pilot errors that end in recovery of the aircraft, just as there are plenty on NDs that just whiz off into a berm.
>>
>All this ND bullshit
>MFW I don't even give a fuck and still find his appearances in training videos enjoyable.

I bought Adaptive Kalash and enjoyed it because of him. Even learned of a new reloading technique I was too stupid to think of myself.
>>
File: haleydrill.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
haleydrill.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>29761264
He's really one of the better instructors. Constantly researching and improving techniques and he's able to articulate what he's trying to teach which most instructors aren't that good at presenting.

He handled the ND video rather poorly but I don't think anything less of him for it. Shit was pointed downrange and he didn't shoot anyone (Puzikas)
>>
>>29761264
The best reload wasn't in adaptive kalash though, you wasted your money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cyQlsUQ6E
>>
>>29761337
>you wasted your money

You're talking to a guy who blew $3k on Warhammer over the course of five years. Throwing $20 at a video I can watch over and over doesn't mean shit to me.
>>
>>29761337
Do you realize how long it took me to figure out this was a joke?
>>
>>29761382
It's not
>>
>>29761408
>It's not

Yes it is.
>>
>>29761424
I don't think you appreciate the value of reloading without fine manipulations. Get in an actual combat situation sometime and then talk to me, kiddo.
>>
>>29761337
>Jim Fuller out of nowhere at the end

always makes me laff
>>
>>29761337
I got it

Haley and Costa should do AK training videos with SOF that is every ridiculous thing they can think of, but keep a straight face the entire time.

Leak thousands of DVDs in isis controlled territory. Abu Hajaars the world over will think they have intercepted elite american fighting techniques and employ them on the battlefield.
>>
>>29761408
Idiot detected
>>
>>29760872
industrial accidents happen all the time they aren't "statistically insignificant" theres just less than during the industrial revolution. Last week a guy crushed his hand in a chain moving a load in our warehouse. Human error, poor communication. No procedure can fully eliminate it.
>>
>>29763257
0.0033% of workers in 2014 had workplace fatalities, the majority of which were falls. As for non-fatal injuries and determining rather or not they're due to negligence or an accident (equipment failure) those numbers are harder to come by and greatly vary in severity, but even assuming a much higher rate of non-fatal injury, say to keep it simple and generous, lets say 0.3%. The standard in statistics is about 5% for whats considered statistically significant, although it varies between studies and subject matter, it rarely drops below 1%. So to put it simply, work place injuries are statistically insignificant, especially those which were due to negligence. All I'm saying is that the same standard of safety should be applied to gun handling and that people who make a living in the firearms industry should be able to come out and be honest when they make a mistake, and instead of acting like children and lying. Not only that, also that a ND should be just as statistically insignificant. That is the reason why having a system, procedures, safety checks, and other stuff are important which is why fatal and non-fatal injuries in the workplace are so low and are, again, statistically insignificant.
>>
>>29760408
>infantry
>not retarded
Pick one
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.