[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SAM7SF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: SAM7SF-fld-rt_ai.jpg (44 KB, 713x260) Image search: [Google]
SAM7SF-fld-rt_ai.jpg
44 KB, 713x260
Hey /k/, been along time lurker and finally decided to not be a nogunz anymore. Saved up and got a SAM7SF and VPR12. Anyone have these particular models as well so I can compare? The SAM7 was great, besides the folding stock isn't held postively in place while collapsed. The issue I have with my brand new VPR is that the trigger doesn't reset after a shell has been chambered, it has to be manually pushed forward, the stock feels like it takes the hulk to move, and the bolt-home button by the trigger doesn't reset well. Are these normal? Can I fix them? I really don't want to have them sent off or replaced if not necessary. Thanks for your time guys.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
needs help /k/
>>
File: 1461634616259.jpg (743 KB, 889x1478) Image search: [Google]
1461634616259.jpg
743 KB, 889x1478
some people have the trigger issue with the vepr on other forums say to replace the spring or trigger group altogether. I could do the work at home, if I knew what to do. Would this be necessary? Or should I take advantage of the manufacturer warranty? Also maybe I shouldn't have labeled this thread as SAM7, when the sAM was great except the easy to release stock, but the vepr had problems.

qt for reply
>>
File: 20151105_150728.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151105_150728.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Love my sf. My folding stock is completely solid when folded. Heavy mofo though.
>>
>>29755345

thanks pal. I think my wife asked to see it once, while it was lying on the bed and stock folded. I guess I tried to pick it up by the latched stock, and it fell apart. Now it hardly holds the stock and I've had it less than two weeks. Does it take more than a slight nudge to get the stock free for you?
>>
>>29755360
>>29755360

I have to use the latch release. A nudge or even putting decent pressure from pulling won't release my stock. Hmm sounds like your stock isn't properly hooking into the latch
>>
>>29755360
>fell apart? What?

Pic and timestamp mang.
>>
Of course not wholely 'apart' but released from the latch. Upon further inspection, it seems the spring that pushes the front latch out to catch the stock's loop isn't pushing it all the way out. And because of the canted nature of the stock, the hoop is canted as well, so when latched and viewed from bottom, the hoop isn't on the latch in the corner. Seemingly affecting locking effectiveness. A small tap is enough to release the stock when latched. Do I just need to go through arsenel and see if they can enforce/strengthen the latch's spring?
>>
And for the VEPR, I see it may be the trigger spring rubbing my bolt release causing issues. Should i contact molot for a fix or should I just get a new spring/FCG?

fuck I'm bad at identifying rivers..
>>
>>29755345
They're built like goddamn tanks, probably the sturdiest AK being sold commercially.
>>
>>29755916

Indeed, quite sturdy. I'm pretty picky, and the only thing I can even see being an issue with mine is this latch, and it may just be a weak spring.
>>
File: S-Borris.jpg (15 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
S-Borris.jpg
15 KB, 512x288
>>29755916
Also some of the heaviest AK's around. And like Boris said: "Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable."
>>
Anyone else have either of these? SAM7SF or VEPR12? Looking for any more input related.
>>
Can I get some more help /k/? I know we can do it
>>
>>29756595
>Can I get some more help /k/? I know we can do it

Do your own fucking research. Holy shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 193x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 193x193
>>29755728
>contact Molot for a fix
First of all, does it cause any problems while shooting it?

Second of all, if you do want to replace the FCG, the ALG trigger is the best available, but I'm not 100% sure it'll fit in the Vepr-12.
>>
File: ar18.jpg (586 KB, 3910x986) Image search: [Google]
ar18.jpg
586 KB, 3910x986
anyone tried the ALG AKT in the VPR12? Thier page doesn't mention what models it works for. http://algdefense.com/ak-trigger-akt.html
>>
>>29756996

yeah, trigger doesn't reset fully by itself. Has to be manually pushed forward following each shot. Next round chambers successfully as well.
>>
yeah im looking as well. has any one tried the vepr12 with
http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/CSS_SAIGA_Vepr_TRIGGER_TAPCO_Fire_Control_Group_p/css-saiga-trigger-group.htm
>>
File: vepr12.jpg (87 KB, 920x503) Image search: [Google]
vepr12.jpg
87 KB, 920x503
bump for vepr
>>
File: 3456qtr.jpg (29 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
3456qtr.jpg
29 KB, 800x529
bump
>>
ALG just emailed back and said thier trigger should work with the vepr12, but the spring wouldn't. Either way they havn't tested thier product with the vepr12, they claimed.

Anyone tried the http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/AK47_Saiga_JTE_Mainspring_hammer_spring_tromix_p/jte-main-spring.htm ?

I'm thinking it may just be the spring rubbing against the bolt release
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.