[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cardboard sword
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: your D.jpg (15 KB, 570x386) Image search: [Google]
your D.jpg
15 KB, 570x386
Dont know if right section .. still.
I'm organizing a medieval style battle in my yard with some kids (14-21 sic!). Need help with the design of the swords that will be 99% cardboard.
At work i can make any shape i wish with a cutting laser but the damn things need to be study enough to last 1 battle(day) so i wwont be called a cheapscake.
Need some ideas in how to construct them and what the max lenght should be.
>>
>>29752630
Maybe bend them so they will remain hollow inside
>>
Forgot to mention the only materials i have (for now) are typical cardboard boxes (a ton of them) and some silicone glue.
>>
File: board.jpg (783 KB, 1680x1118) Image search: [Google]
board.jpg
783 KB, 1680x1118
>>29752685
>>
Cut multiple layers of your chosen shape and glue them together. Like 3 layers or more.
>>
>>29752871
nothing in between ?
Like a thin long belt of board so the sword will make its shape ?
>>
>>29752630
I'd glue 2 layers of cardboard together and than carve out the shapes from that. Alternate between the "grain" of the cardboard with the layers.

Sharpen the edges too if you want to be hardcore.
>>
>>29753062
cant ... he glue will ignite from the laser ... its risky as it is to cut this kind of paper.
>>
>>29752630

I did this before op. I used a shit ton of cardboard, a shit ton of fiberglass resin as the glue.

Let dry and than sand away to get desired shape. The resin will be a shit ton stronger than normal glue. If you want to add extra layer for strength. Cut up some bed sheet and layer it in between.

Did this for HEMA and SCA, worked just fine.
>>
>>29753062
+ the thing is the handle is fragile and brakes easily
>>
PVC pipe covered in foam pipe insulation and a layer of duct tape.

Cardboard will cut, break, and be shitty.

My brother, his friends, and myself did the PVC pipe and foam route and had a blast with minimal injuries. Wear gloves and don't aim for the head or hands and everything should be fun as fuck.
>>
>>29753129
to much $$ spent ;/
Its a good idea but its over 100 of those
im now testing the hollow ones and with the thin layer in the middle gona say what it brings up
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.