[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw a video on /k/ the other day and it appeared to be a Emergency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
I saw a video on /k/ the other day and it appeared to be a Emergency Broadcast saying the US has been defeated and all civilians must kill themselves. I for the life of me cannot find it, can anyone help me out?
>>
Haha I saw that shit too it was spooky since it looked like it was something from the 80s and had some epic visuals
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU
>>
stop mk-ultra'ing yourself goyim
>>
>>29751618
>>29751688
Wow, cool

Thanks for sharing. That was fucking cool
>>
>>29751618
Lol how fuckin' stupid that video is.

Real contingency would be a call to arms for every american. But it would not be needed because the United states is uninvadable.

The resolve and sheer number of military, hardware, and firearms in the hands of civilians who know the terrain and have homefield advantage makes a hostile takeover literally impossible.
>>
>>29751618
could the US ever surrender?
would we?
I wonder what - if anything is in place for such an event.
>>
File: 1456662455488-0.jpg (266 KB, 777x932) Image search: [Google]
1456662455488-0.jpg
266 KB, 777x932
>>29751688
God, what the fuck
That was legit the scariest thing I have seen in years.

>mfw that slowed down, broken anthem
>>
>>29752536
No the US could not surrender.

we are too embedded, military hardware and trained military along with firearms and explosives intermingled throughout an extremely motivated civilian populace.

It would be guerilla warfare on steroids and no conventional military force could create a surrender among the US.

even if the military is decimated by some act of God then we still have LEO and agencies with the same hardware. National guard and militia....
>>
>>29752536
Assuming the Federal Gov unconditionally surrendered, remaining state governments could make a legal case that the Constitution is dissolved and therefore all residual sovereignty returns to them. It would be interesting to see what happens from there, whether states pursue separate peace on their own terms, fight on, or stay in the surrendered union.
>>
>>29752666
They wouldn't have to make a legal case.

State governments would succeed if the federal government somehow "surrendered"

But you are forgetting the entire government is made up of individual states. You cannot get a "federal" or "national" surrender you would have to get it state by state.
>>
>>29752524

>people actually believe this
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 356x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 356x352
>>29752718
>
>>
>>29752692
The U.S. constitution is not a confederacy, it is both a national and confederate system, but its legitimacy rests in the popular people not the consent of state governments. As the Civil War proves you cannot succeed from the Union. However an unconditional surrender at the national level could be interpreted as a dissolution of the Union, and like I said sovereignty then defaults back to the individual states. However I struggle to imagine a scenario where state governments are better equipped to handle a struggle resulting in a national surrender, so most would probably just make the ad-hoc decision to comply with the surrender.
>>
>>29752740
*secede from the Union
>>
>>29752718
The US is larger than all of europe and we have terrain from tundra to rain forest. It takes a week to get from one end of the country to the other and there are more guns than people.
>>
>>29752740
every blade of grass bla bla bla

i am having trouble imagining any scenario where the united states would be forced into a surrender

we have national guard. we have the people acting as a literal unorganized militia. we have more guns per person then anywhere else on earth. we have people who are great marksmen who have grown up knowing the land and how to shoot.

look at afghanistan during 80's the which waged a successful guerilla campaign with a minimal amount of resources and a culture with no history of gun ownership or a militarized population.
>>
America will continue to dominate this next century no problem. Foreigner fags have no idea.
>>
>>29752789
I'm not discussing about the likelihood of surrender, I'm talking about its legal ramifications.
>>
>>29752718
To be fair, while we aren't uninvadable the invading entity would be so hard hit that we aren't worth trying.
>>
>>29751688

that is some dystopian alternate reality shit right there
>>
Some of the EAS broadcasts on YouTube are neat.

My favorite is the South Korean air raid siren.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N73l76tOrGM
>>
>>29752772
But our infrastructure is also a sprawling mess.
Start a few power cascades and the cities will tear themselves apart within a week.
>>
>>29752929
>waking up to this everything Saturday from the ages of 8 to 11

I had a professor try to tell us anyone born after 1970 didn't know what it was like to be scared of the Cold War and I just laughed. He tried to challenge me on it and I ask him if he spent a portion of his youth waking up to Air Raid sirens and having them go off at the damnedest times when the enemy was, literally, less than 100 miles away.
>>
The fictional COD MWII EBS

Sent chills down my spine first time hearing it.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeXD7t16v8s
>>
>>29752929
>mfw just returned from a stint in Korea a few months ago
>mfw 20 or so miles from the DMZ
>mfw within arty range of the Norks
>mfw lil kim started stirring shit last year
>mfw if these and the area 1 sirens had gone off we would've likely been immediately shelled and then been fighting waves of starving, desperate, and completely indoctrinated norks to defend ourselves and evacuate civilians
>mfw the Ammo point is 6 miles away on a good day
>mfw I dont even have an accurate face for this.

Thankfully I only thought of that now, guess while I was there I was drowning in too much soju and juicy girls to care.
>>
>>29751618
Military occupation of the United States would be the subconscious wet dream of all long time Americans.

We've been at war for most of our existence, we would relish in it. There would be no surrender.
>>
>>29753201

This was neat.

http://youtu.be/47V6jukf1lo
>>
>>29753248

>"IM LOOKING AT FIGHTER JETS OVER I-95, HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET THROUGH"

>"SOSUS AND PAVEPAWS ARRAYS ARE INOPERATIVE AT THIS TIME"

Suck it, New York.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
>>
>>29751688
Super gay
>>
>>29751688
Yup gay
>>
>>29751688

Fuck, that was dumb.
>>
>>29752740
Are you fucking stupid or something? Lincoln broke the agreements that every single state holds with the Union, to be able to secede at a given moments notice for what ever reason. The federal government at the time of the civil war declared war on all the states at the exact moment, breaking the agreement between it and the states. To say that the states cant secede is blatant lying.

Read up on your U.S history, kid. Oh, and you have to be 18 here, kid.
>>
File: 112486909826587.jpg (36 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
112486909826587.jpg
36 KB, 570x380
>>29751688
>>29753384

MFW people don't read descriptions on videos or the end.

"Written/edited by Kris Straub
(http://studios.chainsawsuit.com)"
>>
>>29753233
As a American, this makes me proud and lust for being part of a successful bushwhacking, but also scares me and makes me have note so pleasant thought about why I want that
>>
>>29751688
cool until the killing yourselves part, would have been better if it said to keep on fighting for civilians
>>
>>29753682
see
>>29753629
>>
>>29753682
It is the duty of all great empires to fade gracefully. To have its corpse devoured by its fractious children and foreign states. Its wealth and power to fuel the crucible of horror and politicking from which a new empire, stronger and more brilliant, might be borne.
>>
>>29751618
>>29751688
I like the one where it's implied the moon did something crazy
>>
>>29751688
>INFANTS AND PETS
>THE SMALLEST PATRIOTS
Holy shit my sides.
>>
>>29753221
>Thankfully I only thought of that now, guess while I was there I was drowning in too much soju and juicy girls to care.
Tell us more about these juicy girls, anon.
>>
>>29753221
More like sojuicy, amirite?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>29753277
>I-95
>runs through upstate New York into Canada
>wat
>>
>>29753903
Piss off faggot. America lives forever
>>
>>29752524
It's FICTION

It's a scary look at an alternate reality where the cold war messed with our heads

But I suppose your autism doesn't allow you to see that
>>
>>29751618
It'll be on repeat when Hillary wins
>>
>not fighting to the last fucking man/woman/child
>>
>>29753612
Like I said, show me where there is any agreement between the states and the federal government vis a vis the constitution. There isn't because the constitution was ratified by the people, not the states. You're thinking of the Articles of Confederation, which was a pain in the ass precisely because it was a compact merely between the states. As far as secession goes, there is nothing in the constitution that says you can do it and the only precedents we have say you cannot do it, ergo it's not allowed.
>>
>>29755087
This is the way to go out.

Let us go out with a bang.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54 KB, 1920x1080
>>29752553
There are a lot of Cold War things you shouldn't watch, then.

What the start of the end of the world might sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkT1aGdWxZM

False alert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu4r79l8P8I

Also, watch a documentary called "The Atomic Cafe" (1982).

And watch the films "The Day After" and "Threads".
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>29752929

I'm struggling to hold back tears here soon as the lady starts speaking, what kind of magic do they embedded in these things that triggers the fight or flight without me knowing a single word of Korean?
>>
>>29751618

FEAR ME CREATURES OF FLESH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_oX6SURRE
>>
File: 1459752208946.jpg (40 KB, 641x476) Image search: [Google]
1459752208946.jpg
40 KB, 641x476
Was it this?
>>
>>29756421
Terrible advice. It's likely you'd blow your face off and survive.
>>
>>29753277
Sorry if I sound retarded but wasn't that from MW2?
>>
From CNN, this is the "Doomsday Video". It's what they would play on the event of a major apocalyptic event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6f7j1E61sM

And if you want to live through it, it's time to review the tips in the helpful Protect and Survive series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg
>>
File: 1403056338725.png (78 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1403056338725.png
78 KB, 240x240
>>29751688
>remember the 3 F's
>front lawn
>face up
>feet together
>>
>>29751618
Wow, that video was really FAKE. The "film" errors were digital effects, the media never used to use CAPITAL LETTERS like this, and the government usually uses all capital letters for emergency weather announcements so I don't see why a civil alert would be any different. If the US had been defeated it wouldn't happen all overnight like and wouldn't come as a surprise, probably most the infrastructure would be destroyed like power and television transmissions. Damn you people can be dumb.
>>
>>29751688
That was pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>29757010
Nobody is claiming that it is not fake. Please lurk more and post less.
>>
>>29756562
Only if you lean down to reach for the trigger. People usually blow away the side of their face because they do this.
>>
Found this one, fairly well done.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htU6TEhCI0U
>>
>>29756054
>Threads
I love how perfectly it managed to capture the eeriness of "Protect and Survive", even in the background.

Seriously whoever commissioned that audio-ident didn't shirk on the "and make it ominous, we're dealing with a nuclear war here."
>>
>>29752666
Fun note from the time period that video was emulating actually.

My town is a small place in montana, and there is actually a clause in it for such circumstances.

It basically states that in the event of a national disaster severing contact with government it is the duty of the mayor to form a board whose duty is to preserve order, and organize and allocate resources in such a manner as to ensure survival of the maximum amount of people, and includes that it is the sherriffs department's duty to organize for preservation of law and order, and in such a circumstance grants them the duty of organizing for town defense. In short the sherriffs department is allowed to form an emergency militia if the big one goes up.
My town government was mostly formed during the cold war, our fire department has an old air raid siren and right up until 2001 it was tested on fridays at noon in preperation for the nuclear silos in great falls getting hit or going live.

It now serves to summon the volunteer firedepartment since cell service is too shitty to be reliable. If there is a fire this siren loud enough to hear from 5 miles out of town goes off and all the fire fighters drop whatever they are doing and book it for the fire hall.

Scares the living shit out of tourists passing through every now and then, they think the world is ending for a moment.
>>
>>29757010
You're retarded man. Of course it's fake.

Just think of it as some SCP shit.
>>
>>29754753
>Completely skips Delaware, Maryland
Yeah, they fucked up
>>
Oh boy, my favourite kind of thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l3oUjAN1IA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJCLf-Uv74
>>
>>29754015
Oh fuxk, that shit was 2spooky4me legit had to sleep with light on. Fuck your scary copy pasta.
>>
>>29756210
>what do you do if a tornado is coming
dont stand on a skyscraper balcony you cunt.....
>>
>>29760275
STAY AWAY FROM MIRRORS
>>
>>29760275
>>29754015
>>29760640
Anyone wanna post this? I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>29760663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
>>
>>29757010
Wow retard emergency alert system
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.