[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shotgun Sight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: mesa_tactical_saddle_rail.jpg (69 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
mesa_tactical_saddle_rail.jpg
69 KB, 600x461
Hey /k/
In need of some assistance.
Thinking about putting a rail on a 870 12 gauge. Want rail that replaces the pins that hold the trigger group like seen in the picture.
Whole plan for the rail is to put some kind of sights on it to have an alternative to the bead sight.

Whats a good sight that wont kill my wallet in the process?
>>
Unless the rail is attached to the barrel like all the rails on slug guns, it will not hold zero for shit and your slugs will go all over the place, even welded to the receiver. That's just the nature of such an easily detachable barrel in the design.

A saddle mount that attaches using the trigger pins is even worse.

I'm trying to warn you for the last time OP to avoid this, you'll just break your heart like I did years ago.

If you still want to do it then
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-micro-dot-with-fixed-base-md-fbgii/p/kt-md-fbgii/
http://www.primaryarms.com/bushnell-trophy-trs-25-mounts-red-dot-sight/p/kt-bs731303/
http://www.primaryarms.com/vortex-sparc-ii-red-dot/p/kt-spc-402/
>>
>>29749631
Shotgun sight info
>god tier
buckhorns
>good tier
bead
>meh tier
magnified optic
>what are you doing tier
red dot/battery powered optic
>retard tier
ghost rings
>>
I would say go with ghost rings. I hate having to rely on a battery plus they get expensive as all hell. If you really want a sight, I assume you are going turkey hunting, in which case get a simple cross hair sight mounted on the receiver. If not, even if you are using slugs, if you need an optic on your shotgun, you need to go use a rifle instead.
>>
>>29750380
Deerslayer master race

>>29750414
Buckhorns suck shit on everything,even as fast acquisition sights.
>>
>>29750471
Says a person who clearly never used buckhorns.
just keep parroting the mall ninjas, simpleton.
>>
>>29750496
Not that Anon, but buckhorns are cluttered as shit. Maybe you can concentrate on finding the notch if you have time to line up a perfect shot on a durr, but if you have to put a slug into Yogi or Tyrone, then express sight master race.
>>
Shotgun red-dot = vented rib+practice >red dot+stock with comb > bead > ghost ring > partridge sights on a shotgun > feces > buckhorns
>>
>>29750565
When shooting fast you wont be focusing in the rear sight anyways, or really the front sight for that matter, so in that regard all open sights are pretty much equal, but if you have the chance to take a little more time, buckhorns (im using that loosely, shotguns came with modified buckhorns or a U-notch) will be more precise than a bead, or aperture sights.
>>
>>29750565
>Not just going with a ribbed barrel with FO/Tritium Bead sight for the fastest most intuitive sight picture possible.
you 'ghostring slug shotgun sights' recommending faggots are fucking disgusting.

Go ask Miculek what type of shotgun sights he prefers.
>Protip: he can still ring the gong at 100yds with slugs.
>>
>>29750596
>you 'ghostring slug shotgun sights' recommending faggots are fucking disgusting.

Anon that's a U-notch...
>>
>>29750496
Grew up with a 10/22, 1894 and 39A for buckhorns. Buckhorns are a hair above hammer notches on BP revolvers.
>>
>>29750596
And james jeager says a bead is the way to go.
either jeager is right, or mitchuleckeksdn is wrong.
>>
>>29750666
Satan twists his tongue in a loe, once again.
>>
>>29750414
Buckhorn.... hah
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.