[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I was wondering if there were any Kentucky fags (or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: cobra 380.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cobra 380.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
Hey /k/, I was wondering if there were any Kentucky fags (or citizens of any state with the same laws) who could help me with the state law. Wikipedia says that Kentucky is basically the most lax in every category except for...it says "Shall Certify", "Shall certify within 15 days"

What does this mean?

A friend of mine, her ex husband recently died and what little family he had weren't close and they live in South Carolina. His brother, however, lives here. When he died, the gun kind of just ended up in his brothers possession when he was cleaning out his trailer of belongings. Then this bitch goes down there and steals it from him. Now she just sold it, and I was wondering if she broke the law.
>>
File: Canes.jpg (106 KB, 440x267) Image search: [Google]
Canes.jpg
106 KB, 440x267
do they have this in Kentucky?
>>
>>29738008
Well, I live in Louisville and we actually just got one of those. It was built in the extremely hipster part of town.
>>
>>29737981
Shall certify what
>>
>>29738234
Here is a link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Kentucky
>>
>>29738258
Here's your "post what the fuck you want if you want someone to answer"
>>
>>29738276
Huh? I want to know if she broke the law by selling that gun. Basically, her ex husband died and she ended up with his gun. Is she allowed to sell it?
>>
Congrats OP you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>29738323
who was it willed to
>>
Should be completely legal.

But your friend appears to have no claim to the firearm's ownership, she did seem to have stolen it, which is illegal.
>>
>>29738258
are you too stupid to click on a link and read your own state's laws?
>>
>>29738337
Why am I retarded? The brother won't report it stolen, maybe I should have pointed that out. He doesn't care. I want to know if her selling it is illegal.
>>
>>29738382
I can't wait for that gun to be used illegally so the police try to trace it back to the girl's husband. Be sure to post a new thread when that happens.
>>
>>29738375
No, I just want clarity on this. If you come to possess a gun that isn't registered to you, can you sell it.

Jesus, I just wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this. Im not sure what to look.
>>
>>29738382
see>>29738361
dumbfuck
>>
>>29737981
So your friend stole a gun from her ex brother in law? Are you trying to get your friend in trouble?
>>
>>29738008
Lex resident can confirm
We have at least 4 Cane's stores inside city limits
>campus Cane's
>Nicholasville rd. Cane's
>Harrodsburg rd. Cane's
>Man o' war rd. Cane's

Don't know why but we have a shit ton of chicken finger joints.

>>29738398
To answer that, if the gun was willed to the brother or gifted to him before death by the father, the wife has no claim to it and therefore she stole the gun, the act of which itself is illegal. This now makes selling the gun illegal.

The only way, however, you can pin her up is if the brother reports the theft. No report means no one is claiming any wrong has been done therefore what she has or hasn't done is irrelevant.
>>
>>29738411
Oh, I didn't see that, but I thought I made this clear in the OP. It wasn't willed to anyone, there was no will. Everyone here is poor as fuck. His stuff was just going to be thrown out

>>29738397
This was my thoughts exactly. The only people I could think of who would buy it were black drug dealers, of which there are an abundance where I live. That is who she sold it to. I didn't want any part of it. And I believe that she is already a felon. She only got $40 and some weed for it.
>>
>>29738472
Well, he won't report it. I am wondering if the act of selling it is itself illegal, like could she take it to a pawn shop.
>>
>>29738476
>It wasn't willed to anyone, there was no will.

Everyone has a will
Even simple ones
If one was never written it goes to wife, oldest kid, oldest brother, then ex wife unless she has some kind of legal claim through divorce

In that order
>>
>>29738511
No, not everyone has a will. And that besides the point anyway.
>>
File: Fabio+Capello1.jpg (37 KB, 244x320) Image search: [Google]
Fabio+Capello1.jpg
37 KB, 244x320
>>29737981

hey this is roger posting from my ThinkPad Edge e530c

OP i like to see a good thread about laws and legal argumentz (h/t gorillaz)because this is something i am very educated on and can help you learn things like how many times a dog can bite you before the selectboard gets to cut its head off and send it to the state lab but i digress lets go through your goodpoints

>I was wondering if there were any Kentucky fags

i didnt think so but apparently there were like 4 who all decided to marry each other and if it hadnt been for kim davis it might have happened. you know its funny i thought the biggest problem in that state was relatives engaging in horseplay under tightly pulled sheets (this is where the name of the state - kin-tucky - comes from) but its the 21st century and america is basically run by fetty wap..figures

>or citizens of any state with the same laws

actually most states dont just decide use another state's laws. exception: alabama did for a while but that was only because the state typewriter broke and they realized that keeping track of they're laws orally was harder than just calling someone in mississipie for guidance

>wikipedia says that kentucky is the most lax in every category except for "shall certify"

common mistake, shall issue is actually one of the most restrictive regulations in the usa. it means you need a permit for CC ("carrying close") so they can keep track of who owns the guns and then take them away - KY is basically like the yonkers law requiring a handgun license to purchase a BB gun

>my friends ex died, blah blah blah country folk luke bryan NASCAR

ok guessing you didnt mourn prince RIP. in most states your dead friends stuff would go into probate to be distributed in accordance with his will/state law, but my guess is in kentucky the gf is "par for the coors" which means that whichevers relatives girlfriend steals his stuff gets to keep it if shes not beaten with a switch within 48 hours.

tl;dr its aloud
>>
File: kevinjames.jpg (245 KB, 736x922) Image search: [Google]
kevinjames.jpg
245 KB, 736x922
>>29738511

hey well i'm giving you advice that normally would cost you probably 300 or 400 an hour let me dissuade some common mispreceptions like this one

>everyone has a will

this is 100% true but you need to use a "discount rate" to remove the 55% of americans who do not have a will. this is basically like how prince figured out what dose of codeen to take, but in opposite

>even simple ones

yes thats true even simple ones

>if one was never written it goes to wife, oldest kid, oldest brother, then ex wife unless she has some kind of legal claim

i am genuinely happy that there are people in this world who instead of doing something like googling "kentucky intestate succession" decide to come up with innovation concepts like where you divorce your wife and she gets 1/2 your shit and then if you die she gets the rest of your stuff

i assume in kentucky this just means she gets one half of the dale earnhardt #3 will never die poster and then gets the other half but in places where people like me with money live this would actually be a pretty "troublesome" idea

>in that order

i just wanted to add how i like how instead of using a period you hit space than return than started a new sentence rather than just finishing the last one. thats man shit
>>
>>29738880
Actually I love Prince. And although your stereotypes are pretty much correct in the aggregate, I live in Louisville, which is an extremely liberal shithole full of SJW types and 36% black.

But thanks.
>>
>>29738975
>not realizing a will consists all of "all of my shit goes to my wife, if she's not alive, my kid, if he's not alive, x" and so on
>>
>>29738880
ROGER

Holy fuck I haven't seen you in forever
>>
File: seanconnerty.jpg (81 KB, 600x1128) Image search: [Google]
seanconnerty.jpg
81 KB, 600x1128
>>29739659

losers always whine about there best. winners go home and fuck the prom queen
>>
>>29739754

sorry i had closed the window but just to be clear >>29739754 is me and yes i am still posting from my thinkpad edge e530c dual monitor setup, flash memory upgrade, i invented humblebragging im ashamed to admit
>>
>>29738497
You trying to blackmail your dead friend's widow into some dirty sex or something?
>>
>>29739616

Not like anyone would ever want a trust, or to avoid probate, or... Jesus there's no way you understand.
>>
Did anyone else read OP post in a Kentucky accent?
>>
>>29738398
What's gun registration? Kentucky has gun registration?
>>
>>29737981
>steals a firearm
>sells stolen firearm
That's illegal anywhere.
>>
>>29737981
>Hey /k/, I was wondering if there were any Kentucky fags
Kentucky is nothing but fags OP...I'm mean it's the KY state after all.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.