[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /k/ I just got my first gun the other day. I was never taught
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: glock43-left.png (149 KB, 720x489) Image search: [Google]
glock43-left.png
149 KB, 720x489
hey /k/ I just got my first gun the other day. I was never taught about guns and gun safety when I was a kid. Was never around them, family never had em. My friends are all into guns and stuff and I'm a liberty lover so I decided it was time to get one.

Got a glock 43. Seemed like a perfect gun to carry, just in case. Only issue is that I'm still feeling a little uneasy by having a loaded gun around me. I know that'll go away over time, but is there any tips or anything you guys can tell me thatll make my transitioning to responsible gun owner from being a gunless noob?
>>
>>29727557
Read the arms code. If you country or state doesn't have one, read new Zealand's and disregard stuff about restrictions and laws.
>>
>>29727557
>I know that'll go away over time, but is there any tips or anything you guys can tell me thatll make my transitioning to responsible gun owner from being a gunless noob?
No modern firearm will go off unless you pull the trigger
>>
in case anyone was wondering, I already have the trigicon night sights, the talon grip, and the taran +1 baseplate
>>
Read the sticky and learn the safety rules by heart.
Learn to field-strip and detail-strip your gun for cleaning, and clean it after each range excursion.
Go to the range and actually shoot it a lot, so you get comfortable with it.
>>
Treat every weapon as if it were loaded

Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot

Keep the weapon on safe until you are ready to fire (if it has a safety)

Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
Essentially, guns don't just fire on their own.
>>
>>29727557
Stop being a gay and you won't be scared of it.
On a serious note though try to find a good local firearms safety class, even if you can't find one I'm sure that your experienced has-guns friends will be more than glad to help you be more confident around your gun, that is if they're competent. Welcome aboard though mane :^)
>>
Don't point it at anything you don't wanna destroy
don't touch the trigger unless the gun is pointing at the target
read the safety rules and don't be retarded, you'll be fine
>>
File: 20150512_193622.png (3 MB, 1329x1161) Image search: [Google]
20150512_193622.png
3 MB, 1329x1161
>>29727557
I have a G43 I carry in the summer and honestly you bought one of the worst first guns ever. Just terrible.

It's not a good gun for someone with no appreciation of what different guns have to offer. You will never learn to shoot well or even correctly with it. It combines the notoriously not good trigger of the Glock with a very small, what Glock even calls subcompact, frame. It's a great concealed carry gun and may be the best CCW on the market right now but terrible at everything else.

Set it in a drawer or something and go get a G19 or some other mid to full size gun so you can learn to shoot a handgun before you start thinking about carrying one.
>>
>>29727557
>Only issue is that I'm still feeling a little uneasy by having a loaded gun around me.
You want tips or tricks on stop being such a faggot. Ok, stop being a little faggot.
>Hurr loaded guns r scary...
>>
>>29727615
Also remember that the gun can have a round in the chamber even if the magazine is removed.
>>
>>29727724
That might be good advice if OP has extra money for another handgun, but really it's better to practice with the gun that you'd be carrying anyway even if it is less comfortable.
For defensive use it doesn't need to be a match-performing pistol anyway since you probably won't have the time to even aim with the sights. Just practice aim-by-pointing enough that it's instinctive and you can hit a target reliably at 10 and 20 meters.
>>
lol ok guys well I pretty much do everything you've recommended. guess it'll just take time to get familiarized with it. thanks
>>
>>29727589
Nice but what about a solid quality holster?
>>
You can keep the chamber empty for a few weeks while you carry it. This means even if you do pull the trigger by accident nothing will happen. Don't change how you treat it safety or training wise, but after a while you'll realize that you carried it for so long without pulling the trigger, even accidentally and you'll have confidence to carry one in the chamber.

Or you can just be a faggot and never carry one in the chamber.
>>
>>29727791
think I'm going to be getting a bravo concealment holster
>>
>>29727557
the more you use it, the less awkward it will feel. Don't just buy it and keep it on a shelf somewhere. Practice practice practice

If youre going to carry then carry all the time, even around the house. The 43 is small so it shouldn't take too long

go with your has gun friends to ranges and shops. Don't slip into laziness and be a recluse

study the 4 rules of gun safety, read up on laws in and out of your state, and do research not only on your current gun but others youre interested in. watch videos, read books on them, shitpost on /k/

really just gtry to get into it like any hobby. I know what youre saying about the uneasy feeling. it'll pass so ling as you don't make it a big deal
>>
having a little bit of paranoia in the back of your head about guns is good. It keeps you from getting too complacent and lazy, also keeps you proactive and alert when it comes to safety.

Of course being too paranoid won't help except put more stress on you.
>>
>>29727557
>Only issue is that I'm still feeling a little uneasy by having a loaded gun around me.

You bought a gun specifically designed for conceal carry. You'll get used to it.

I think I already helped you in a previous thread about the 43 but
>keep your finger off the trigger at all times until you're going to shoot
>look for any obstructions when holstering it
>buy a good quality kydex holster

Make sure you're confident with being able to shoot it accurately before you carry. The gun isn't going to go off unless you pull the trigger.
>>
>>29727792
i definitely have to carry one in the chamber. its too important
>>
>>29727833
>i definitely have to carry one in the chamber. its too important

How old are you? You haven't even needed to carry a gun for 21+ years of your life what are the chances you need to use it in the next 28 days? You still have a gun, you just need to do an extra step until it goes bang. If carrying one in the chamber freaks you out on a gun with no safety simply DON'T keep one in the chamber until your comfortable with not pulling the trigger. It's common fucking sense.

After a week or two you'll be like "Well, I've carried it all this time without accidentally dropping the hammer, time to keep a round in the chamber."
>>
>>29727923
im 27. I mean I know it's not going to go off unless I pull the trigger. I think it's good to jump into it head first. I'm already a little paranoid as is (which really is a good thing), which is why I made this thread. I don't even have my holster yet.

just have an uneasy feel about having all this power I guess. I'll get over it I'm sure. Thought maybe asking you guys would help a lil and it has
>>
>>29728005
>just have an uneasy feel about having all this power

Haha, you sound like a liberal.
> BUT NOBODY NEEDS THE POWER TO KILL PEOPLE, MAN!

You don't need to jump into it. You want to live a long healthy life and your going to hopefully carry for the rest of your life so for the next 40 years. What is two weeks? Heck heard about a couple of particularly scared people who carried their gun unloaded with a spare mag in their pocket for a few weeks. Build up your confidence at what ever pace works for you. Your best resource is time, carry every day, practice everyday.
>>
>>29728005
You don't have that much power. Anyone who tries to rob you will have their gun in your face before you can touch yours. Carrying a gun and thinking you have the ability to defend yourself is as retarded as thinking you're a ninja because you're carrying a katana. Go to the range and get some training from someone qualified who has good reviews (not just someone who repeatedly reemphasizes their military or police training). You need to be able to draw and fire before your assailant can react
>>
>>29728130
>You need to be able to draw and fire before your assailant can react
> Not just giving them what they want and blowing their head off when they turn their back.

It's like you want to die in a gunfight.
>>
>>29728130
my buddy trains an advanced conceal carry class with emphasis on mindset, tactics, etc. doing that next month
>>
>>29728159

>Not just giving them what they want and blowing their head off when they turn their back.

It's like you want to go to prison for murder
>>
>>29728265
yeah that guy is an idiot. I learned that it's only ok to pull a gun on someone if i, or any other innocent is in immediate, unavoidable deadly force or grave bodily harm.
>>
File: 1436653570361.jpg (16 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
1436653570361.jpg
16 KB, 365x450
>>29728289
someone's been watching ayoob
>>
>>29728265
>>29728289

> Someone comes up to you with a gun.
> They get the jump on you as ANYONE likely will be able to do.
> You give them your wallet or your car.
> You blow their head off the moment you see an opening to draw your gun.

It's like you forget that they just threatened you with a fucking gun, and think that that gun just disappeared the second they aren't pointing it at you.

Just because they "might" let you go and only steal your stuff without killing you doesn't mean the threat is over and if you think that would be murder you really need to take a defensive handgun course.
>>
>>29728383
if someone is pointing a gun at you, you are in immediate and unavoidable deadly harm. it is then ok to shoot them. if you shoot someone in the back, you will go to prison for a long time
>>
>>29728464
No, that's complete bullshit and your talking out your ass. If someone just shot someone, or is sticking up a corner store with a gun while your in the back of it, it is justifiable to shoot them even though your life isn't in "Immediate danger".

The same goes for if your robbed, this guy just robbed you at gunpoint and has a gun in his hand. Just because he turns his back and looks to be letting you go after stealing your wallet doesn't mean your life is no longer in danger. The faggot still has a gun, and has still shown that he is willing to risk your life by using it.

Note that I'm not saying shoot after him if he's driving away with your car or chase at him, but it is 100% justifiable to use the act of handing them your wallet or keys to shoot them.
>>
>>29728572
pull your gun up to him and tell him not to go anywhere you are calling the cops, and if he turns around about to shoot then you are in immediate danger
>>
>>29728613
>pull your gun up to him and tell him not to go anywhere you are calling the cops
> While he has a gun in his hand.

Like I said, it's like you want to die in a gunfight. I don't mind, it's not my life it's yours, but if you draw your gun you should be prepared to; and should use it immediately.
>>
>>29728572
You're changing what you're saying. If he's walking out the door you can't shoot him in the back of the head. If you're giving him your wallet you can put one into him no problem.
>>
>>29728613
You are so fucking dumb. Get out.
>>
>>29727726
Unlike a lot of assholes he has the sense to admit he feels unprepared - and he is unprepared. So how about being a little less of a sneering douche and give him some actual advice.
>>
>>29727557
all memes aside a glock or any gun without a manual safety is a bad choice for a first gun.
not saying you have to be some kind of handguns expert to own one but theyre for people that are familiar with guns and have weapons safety ingrained in their habits
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.