[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheapest mask for CS gas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 410HOoBhjVL._SX355_.jpg (17 KB, 355x354) Image search: [Google]
410HOoBhjVL._SX355_.jpg
17 KB, 355x354
I'm from Ohio and going to the Republican convention. I don't know what the heck might go down there so I want a mask to protect from tear gas. There are so many surplus masks and dubious filters on the internet it's hard to know what is good and what isn't.

Best value on a mask that protects against tear gas?
>>
File: gas mask.jpg (2 MB, 1969x1703) Image search: [Google]
gas mask.jpg
2 MB, 1969x1703
>>
>>29724654

This
>>
>>29724654
I was about to post it as well. Just make sure the goggles have no ventilation slits (chem/splash eye protection should not, but depending what you find and buy in a hardware store if you ever happent o be in a hurry it's something to be careful about.
If you're willing to invest into an actual purpose build gasmask, have a look at Mestel products.
>>
>>29724654
>>29724681
>>29724706
Unless I'm reading the info graphic wrong it specifically says that this setup won't filter CS gas. It does debris plus the smell of dead bodies if you use the vapor cartridges.
>>
>>29724654
>people keep reposting this
If it doesnt filter the air going to your eyes its useless. Buy a fullface and appropriate filters or enjoy your teargas.
>>
>>29724760
>If it doesnt filter the air going to your eyes its useless
>chemical splash goggles
Are you high?
>>
>>29724738
>if crowd control agents are a worry, add chemical splash googles to your ensemble
You're reading it wrong. Hepa filters it alright. Just add eye protection.
>>
>>29724738
Vapor cartridges deal with CS just fine. Most HEPa and all ULPA will as well.
>>
>>29724820
Ok thanks. It's written a little vaguely in the 4th and 5th sentence.
>>
>>29724596
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Respirator-6900-Respiratory-Protection/dp/B007QY8WTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461534876&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+full+face+respirator
>>
>>29724785
well splash means splash and vapor means vapor. They are likely to have venting. I guess you'd have to seal that up.
>>
>>29724596
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AVON-FM-12-NEW-Gas-Mask-Respirator-FM12-Size-2-MEDIUM-W-case-And-Filter-/252361815271?hash=item3ac1efb4e7:g:WS4AAOSwQYZWz7jP

Accept no substitutes.
>>
>>29724923
This actually looks like a great deal. Ty anon.
>>
Are you going inside? I doubt they will let you take that in...
>>
>>29724596
goes to political convention with gas mask.
"why am I being detained"
>>
>>29724596
>I'm from Ohio and going to the Republican convention. I don't know what the heck might go down there so I want a mask to protect from tear gas
Get the fuck out of my state faggot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.