[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wundewaffen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Would this have changed the course of the war as many had then hoped? Or was it another flying meme?
>>
>>29717950
Your mother is a flying meme just like those wonder waffles, so no. They wouldn't have done jack shit.
>>
>>29717950
probably not because fuel was scarce and production quality was going to shit but alot of the shit they had on the drawing board was pretty cool and infulencial
>>
>>29717950
Late-war "wonder weapons" could never turn the tide because of the limited resources left to both build and marshal them.
It was a desperate hope against hope, but it would have amounted to little, even if successful.
>>
>>29717950
No.
being able to shoot more B-17's down isn't going to do jackshit to the the factories in the US pumping another 17 out each month.
>>
File: 1460437459231.jpg (122 KB, 468x309) Image search: [Google]
1460437459231.jpg
122 KB, 468x309
OP here. Another question. Would it have been a good enough design to actually fly well? It seems it'd be at a disadvantage because of the lack of tail, fuselage, or a rudder.
>>
>>29718044
There was a video about its efficacy based on someone in Lockheed(?) reproducing its airframe and running tests.

You tell me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqgfjXaJxV8
>>
>>29717950
No.Madness and treason were the main reasons why it wouldn't work and why Germany failed.
Let that be lesson for the other future empires.
>>
>>29718022
>each month

Peak production was around 1 plane every 2 hours if I remember right. Really the amount of planes (and everything else) that America produced during the war is staggering.
>>
>>29717950

Any time this is asked about a post Kursk weapons system the question that must be asked is simple: Would it have stopped millions angry Soviets marching east looking for payback?

If the answer is no, then no, it would not have changed the course of the war.
>>
>>29718044
Then explain a B2 fuck knuckle
>>
>>29717950
Is that a glider?
>>
>>29719745
Modern American Magic
I mean fuck look at the Zumwalt, thing's fucking stealthier than they thought it would be and it's a fucking star destroyer
>>
>>29718111
Not him but that was pretty solid watch I expected far worse.
Good the see Northrop model manufacturing facility.People seem genuinely happy to show their work to the public for once.
>>
That is a Horten Ho 229, everybody. And it would decimated if it wasn't just in prototype stages.
>>
>>29718044
It was a very solid design. The Horten brothers experimented a lot with tailless gliders and proppeller planes before the war and knew what they were doing.

It would have needed better engines to reach the initial goal of "three thousand", though. German jet engines weren't good enough.
>>
>>29718022
Boeing's Seattle Plant II built 16 B-17's per day
>>
>>29717950
>another flying meme
Like the f35?
>>
>>29718044
flying wings are the most efficient designs.
the only problem is to get rudder input. usually using brakes on the wings. which is inefficient as fuck, negating much of the point.

literally the only reason we have planes with tails are because rudder.
also germans were experts in flying wings, since the versailles treaty didnt consider them airplanes or something, so they designed alot of them interwar.

If the ho229 would have been designed earlier, or by the allies or something I think many planes would be of that design today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoT2upDbdUg

fucking germans actually had the theory in place for "passive" yaw
>>
>>29719745

B-2's are fly-by-wire and aren't built as interceptors.
>>
>>29719765
I will be forever salty that the class was reduced down to 3 ships. I want my 32 Zumwalts you fucks.
>>
>>29717950
I wouldn't have achieved anything, it would have been delicious though.

The survivor should be visible in the restoration room at Udvar-Hazy soon.
>>
>>29724053
Nevermind, apparently it already is.

I'll have to go up and see it in a few weeks.
>>
>>29721558
It's a cost thing, and the fact that the Zumwalts are more testbed platforms at the moment. Consider the first three the Block 1.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.