[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pistols with an actual slide release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: S4R67Pk.jpg (31 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
S4R67Pk.jpg
31 KB, 720x960
/K/ommandos, I love doing a speed reload and using my thumb to release the slide. That being said, what are some /k/ approved guns with a working slide release?
>inb4 its a slide lock
>inb4 you should train both ways on sending the slide forward
>>
>>29715117

P226 is God Tier.
>>
Can someone expand on what distinguishes a slide lock from a slide release?
>>
>>29715117
You can get oversized slide releases for most guns.
>>29715153
People have a tendency to ride the slidelock lever on the p22X's since it's way far back. I don't really think the sig's have "god tier" ones. Doesn't feel too special whenever I'm using my p226
>>29715176
pedantics, nobody really argues about what it's called or what isn't. slide catch, slide release, slide lock lever, all the same shit.
>>
File: dsc00477do8.jpg (851 KB, 986x739) Image search: [Google]
dsc00477do8.jpg
851 KB, 986x739
Older Jerichos have the long slide release but newer ones have a bit of a shorter one. As long as you don't have baby hands it's fine, very palpable and easy to operate
>>
>>29715117
My Ruger Murkan pistol seems to work pretty okay like that. I think it goes against what the manual says, but manuals are gay.
>>
>>29715153
>>29715199
Yeah Sig refer to it as a slide lock or stop, not a release, and advocate slingshotting the slide
>>
>>29715176
Each manufactuer can name parts diffrently, especially when you get into patents, as you differ manufacturer you may notice slight differences
The slide lock, realease, and catch all theme the actions the part performs.
You will notice a lot of synonyms in the gun world. Its purely semantics.
Slide stop, cross bolt safety, tang safety

Other words commonly misused but understood are:
Clip =\= magazine
Shell =\= bullet
Beavertail safety [doesnt always equal] grip safety
Receiver / frame / chassis
Round/ casing/ brass/ ammo/ bullet
Revolver =\= cylinder
Blind box magazine / magazine
Wad / cup
AR =/= assault rifle
Soft point =/= JHP
>>
>>29715224
It might be the booze, but I thought that said "Queericho" for a second there with the Registered Trademark symbol.
>>
I always slingshot my pistols. Plus my cz52 doesn't have slide release, just a hold open on empty.
>>
>>29715117
XD series is good if you don't have girly hands.
>>
I can tell you that my Shield 9mm inly has a slide stop and not a slide release. Trying to use that to drop the slide is damn near impossible.
>>
>>29715466
AR is not assault rifle... teach a noguns please.
>>
>>29715176
I would argue a slide lock is meant to only lock the slide open and manipulating the control to release the lock would be ill-advised, for instance on the Ruger LC9.

A slide release is meant to hold the slide and is supposed to be manipulated to release the slide.
>>
>>29715117
What you're saying is you don't believe in practical use of a pistol
>>
>>29717960
>>29718154
Im of the opinion that if a weapon has the slide lock protruding enough and shaped to be thumbable, there is no reason not to use it.
However Im also of the opinion that releasing the slide with your non-shooting hand makes for better all around agility when using different pistols. Keeping the slide lock/release for one-handed weapon use scenarios. I mean, yes, you could rack the slide off your belt, shoes, whatever, but y tho, when you can just press a button.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.