[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to go PMC without being Exmilitary? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What is the best way to go PMC without being Exmilitary? I know it's tough and less common, but it happens. What are my best chances?

My areas of focus are Intelligence and Strategic/Tactical studies
>>
>>29712209
Why the fuck you would you go to a PMC with that kind of background? So you can play cowboy? Just go to a think tank with the rest of you International Studies majors
>>
>>29712209
Nobody's answering cus you're dumb and you won't make it no matter what.
>>
>>29712209
Many years on a big metro SWAT or Federal SWAT. Few guys who were on Pittsburgh SWAT and Dallas did contracting work. Not sure if they were ex-mil though. Prob.
>>
>>29712221

They have people doing those jobs in PMCs too, I didn't say Tier 1 obviously
>>
>My areas of focus are Intelligence and Strategic/Tactical studies
What does this mean? You've watched all 8 seasons of 24 and plan on reading some sun tzu at some point?
Realistically, become a cop and do a few years as SWAT or spend time as an EMT. even then, your chances are slim as shit considering the oversaturation of the field and the caliber of people you would be competing with.
>>
>>29712238
Yeah, at a ratio of 1 desk jockey analyst to 20 on-the-ground guys, because the on-the-ground guys are why PMCs win contracts in the first place.
>>
>>29712209
>My areas of focus are Intelligence and Strategic/Tactical studies
What does that mean?
>>
Learn a foreign language OP and become fluent in it, or become a pilot.
>>
>>29712209
Become a trauma surgeon? That would do it I bet. But since you listed one of your 'skills' as 'intelligence' I'd say you should probably pursue another career field.
>>
>What is the best way to get a high security clearance job at a PMC without having worked for the largest grantor of security clearances in the United States

Your options are to grind your way to a mid-level position in the Intelligence Community or Department of Energy, pick from CIA, NSA, National Reconnaissance Office, FBI Counterintelligence, Office of Financial Intelligence, DOE Office of Intelligence or DOE National Nuclear Security Administration to name a few.

All of which have policies that preferentially hire military veterans and experienced detectives over your civilian ass. Rev up those prayers.
>>
>>29712209

Have you finished college?
>>
>>29712209
Become an emt b or i, then apply as a medic after a few years. There are several on my contract who never wore a uniform outside of the boys outs and their ambulance company.
>>
>>29712222
Truth quads
>>
>>29712234
PMC will sometimes take cops especially if they've worked in tactical teams.

>>29712209
You can be a PMC and not have had any military experience or rather you used to be. Back in the early to mid years of Iraq (05-09) security firms were in a mad dash to fill positions in country. Shitty companies who ran cowboy outfits would give positions to just about anyone who was a big guy (uuuu) or had some semblance of shooting experience. I even knew a dude who was some sort of paint ball champ who got hired to work as VIP security.

A security company (regular renta cop shit in the states) I worked for back in 07 had a guy who was a former PJ who was trying to convince the CEO of the company to try and get some of those contracts oversea. Now keep in mind this company was Blackwater. We mostly had ghetto dudes guarding cardboard displays in hotel lobbies. So I doubt the guy would be able to hire tier 1 guys if he did get an overseas contract.

So for now you're fucked OP. Maybe if we have another Iraq or WWIII or of you get really lucky but mostly PMC jobs go to ex military with at least 2 deployments with preference for SF.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.