[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kicking - Is it a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23
File: memekick.webm (3 MB, 1096x616) Image search: [Google]
memekick.webm
3 MB, 1096x616
Is kicking useless?
Because it seems like it.

I don't recall hearing any stories of Marines kicking during the Battle of Fallujah.
>>
>>29711057
It's good for a contract sport or a one on one fight, not so much when keeping your feet on the ground means getting to cover quicker.
>>
Kicks are significantly more powerful than punches.
>>
It's risky, as you sacrifice your footing for a stronk ass strike.

Better not to more often than not.
>>
>>29711057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl_7w8-jTE
Obligatory
>>
>>29711057
How are retarded clapistanian meat shields relevant to the topic of kicking?
>>
>>29711213
He was pointing out how they aren't used in modern combat. But, that was an impressive leap from topic to America shitposting, so congrats on that and all.
>>
>>29711057
>hurr is X a meme? Durr I'm autistic and need assurance from strangers in the internet to feel better!
I'm fucking sick of faggots asking if shit is a meme soon you'll be asking are bullets a meme or is metal a meme or why's isn't sucking dick a meme yet so I can talk about it all the time in public
>>
The front push kick actually has tactical applications. Beside kicking in doors, the push kick can create distance and give an operator another second to identify a target, while keeping both hands on the weapon system.
>>
File: 1412457943922.jpg (167 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1412457943922.jpg
167 KB, 720x960
>>29711057
I've heard about plenty of doors getting kicked in Fallujah
>>
>>29711320
I've heard about plenty of dicks getting licked in Fellatio.
>>
>>29711329
I heard about plenty of ticks getting flicked in Fallujah
>>
>>29711411
I heard of plenty of nips getting twist in Fallujah
>>
>>29711057
not if you do it right, a kick can be much more powerful than a punch
>>
File: tsundere intensifies.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tsundere intensifies.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>29711436
What we did off duty was none of your fucking business anon!
>>
>>29711436
I heard about plenty of flips getting fisted in Fallujah
>>
>>29711125
Where the fuck are you kicking people while running to cover? Nobody who advocates kicking in combatives is doing it in the streets of Mogadishu.
>>
The only times I've ever kicked in a fight were Sparta-style kicks. It's an effective way to say "Stay out of my personal space" when you know a fight is inevitable, but if you're in a fight, just punch.
>>
File: 51FJZMEGENL.jpg (61 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
51FJZMEGENL.jpg
61 KB, 500x495
>>29711890
I've heard of plenty of tricks getting flipped in Fallujah.
>>
Front kicks and kicking a guy when he's down is about the only time I would kick in a fight. Side kicks can work but are tricky if you're not really good at timing and recovery.
>>
>>29711057
>is kicking useless?

Only if you dont know how. For the most part even at high level mixed martial arts the most common kicks you're going to see are low/mid height round house kicks, push kicks and maybe a headkick every now and then. That jackie chan spinning tornado shit is so situational its only going to work if theres a huge skill differential between opponents.
>>
>>29711057
>>>/asp/ will give you a better discussion on this. Ignore the WWE fags, the martial arts guys are still there, they're just being choked out by the mandrama cancer.
>>
>>29713192
/asp/ became my favorite board (/k/ being a close second) after I found out about its existance. Its a real shame what the fucking manchildren have done to the place. I dont even go there anymore.
>>
>>29713220
Pretty much the same. 99% of my 4channing was /asp/ before hiroshimoot fucked it, so now I'm back to /k/ where I started.
>>
>>29713243
>>29713220
Forcibly reclaim it.

Post a martial arts thread every 30 minutes.
Blot out the Sun.
>>
Most fighting techniques are memes in a street fight. If I'm threatened I'm going to end a fight as quick as possible. I don't give a fug if it's "cheap" or not.
>>
>>29713258
Thats not a bad idea.

They flooded the board with "is he autistic" threads. Might as well return the favor.
>>
>>29713274
>believes that professional fighters aren't trying to end their fights as quickly as possible

Autism, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>29713274
>that one guy who thinks he's going to eyegouge them and then krav maga junk kick their assailant to death

Sorry buddy, but someone who knows boxing and BJJ will take you apart. You don't really need special training to junk kick people or rip off their ears if you already know how to fight, but if all you know is junk kicking and ear ripping you'll never learn how to properly fight.
>>
>>29711057
Kicks are extremely effective if utilized properly.
>>
>>29713274
>someone that has never been in a street fight
>>
>>29713294
ufc has rules. if youre in a fight to the death im going for the eyes, throat, and balls. also probably trying to bite whatever part of them is exposed
>>
>>29713443
As someone who as been bitten it doesn't hurt as much as you think. Neither goes getting groin kicked or any of the other shit you think is going to stop someone. Most reliable way to take someone out of the fight is to render them unconscious. Biting and gouging is just a means of getting to a position where you can choke someone out or knock them out.
>>
>>29713443
>2016
>The 'I'll kick them in the balls" meme.

Go learn an actual martial art anon. Kicking someone in the balls isn't some magic, unblockable technique that nobody's thought of before. Also

>Biting
>Putting your face near an enemy's extremities
>A good idea.
>>
File: Kickpuncher_dark.png (838 KB, 1227x973) Image search: [Google]
Kickpuncher_dark.png
838 KB, 1227x973
none of you motherfuckers brought up kickpuncher no one can stand up to his kickpunches!
>>
>>29711057
>Kicking ass
>without kicking

OK
>>
>>29713443
It's hard to bite someone when they're beating the shit out of you.
>>
>>
File: Kickpuncher.png (70 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
Kickpuncher.png
70 KB, 300x180
his punches have the power of kicks!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWE79K2Ii-s

how many of these are kicks
>>
>>29713443
>IM GOING FOR THE EYS AND THROAT

yeah go for the area martial artists train to defend the hardest

>IMMA KICK EM IN DA NUTZ

wow a telegraphed low kick that even an untrained fighter will block and wont actually incapacitate someone.
Not to be Freudian but its a bit funny how ball kicking always comes up when an untrained man thinks about combat with a martial artist, its like you want to "out smart" him by using something you think he wont expect and emasculate him :/

>WELL ILL BITE HIM

youre giving him your head and neck, he will shatter your teeth or choke you unconscious.

>tldr an well-trained martial artist could beat you to death at any time if he wanted to
>>
>>29713789
>implying I can't just chain punch any of those brute Chad sport martial artists

Haven't you seen ip man?
>>
Kicks to the legs/body are very effective for wearing down your opponent (McGregor vs Mendes, Aldo vs Faber). They wont finish a fight quickly, but after a few rounds the guy can barely stand/breathe.

Kicks to the head will usually end a fight immediately (Barboza vs Etim).

I wouldn't even bother with kicks in a military situation, but in street fights they work well.
>>
>>29711057
You ever been kicked boy?
A good back kick can floor an opponent, just keep your distance. Ain't no one catching a well executed, powerful back kick.
>>
File: 1422479977133.jpg (23 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1422479977133.jpg
23 KB, 241x230
>>29713443
>>29713599
>>29713674
>>29713789
>people don't bite or use eye gouging in real fights to the death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_Ut4MA5dg

Skip to 5:00 for relevance.
>>
>>29715315
>missing the point this badly
I read Bellavia's book and his fight was basically a perfect example of what not to do in CQB. This video actually misrepresents what happened (as described in his own book) quite badly. What actually happened was his SAW (borrowed from his gunner) went runaway, he ran back out of the house, he borrowed someone's M16, and ran back in without communicating to his men what he was trying to do. For a squad leader to lose his shit and go running into an uncleared structure on his own, without even topping off his mags is the epitome of bad judgment. Based on the way he describes his H2H fight shows he had very little in the way of actual grappling training or combatives training. The fact that he survived is a testament to his good luck, superior conditioning, and enemy incompetence.

Also, I never even said that people don't bit or eye gouge. What I said is that it hurts but getting hit or kicked or getting your arm snapped also hurts and people have successfully fought through that pain to win fights. Bellavia literally got bit in the dick, which is 2 of the 3 dirty fighting things people always bullshit about, and yet he was the one who won the fight. Furthermore everyone knows on a very intuitive level how to bite or eye gouge but learning how to slip a punch or deliver a good strike is completely unintuitive to the vast majority of people. Focus your training on the shit you don't already know how to do.
>>
File: 1410647767785.jpg (119 KB, 674x800) Image search: [Google]
1410647767785.jpg
119 KB, 674x800
>>29713443
yeah, but so will the other guy. why do fat pieces of shit or a dyel cunts always forget that the professional fighter isn't bound to the rules in a hypothetical fight to the death. if your only plan is to bite his dick you are fucked
>>
A roundhouse kick or a push kick isn't stronger than a power punch due to leverage. A stomp or a soccer kick is much stronger than a punch which is why UFC doesn't allow those moves.

Humans have pathetically weak bite strength but biting still makes much larger injuries. It's this reason why I don't suggest people use BJJ moves in street fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1M0coyYlLY
>>
>>29711283
What if op post was an ironic meme
>>
>>29711057
>Oh shit, I'm in a fight
>Hmm, I have these two things on the bottom of my body that are a lot stronger than these two things on the top of my body
>I know! Even though I also stand on these strong things that are sprouting out of me and would lose some of my balance, he's distracted by the threat of my arms and I'd be able to hit him really hard
>>
File: jet chases missle.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jet chases missle.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Groin kicks and stomps are banned in UFC because they're too effective.
>>
If you kick at a wrestler, be prepared to be taken down and humped to death.
>>
>>29719756
Unless you kick the balls. They don't train for that.
>>
>>29719688
I dare you to challenge any BJJ player (or judo, or any form of submission wrestling) to a fight with biting allowed.
The Gracies, for example, have been accepting challenges like that for decades.

But you won't, will you?
>>
>>29719797
I don't think you understand just how much we get hit in the balls on a daily basis.
Pretty much every uchi mata, for example, is a pretty hard kick straight in the nuts.
>>
File: guillotine choke.jpg (89 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
guillotine choke.jpg
89 KB, 728x546
>>29720582
>bjj fighter does a guillotine choke
>other guy bites fighter's stomach
>bjj fighter tightens grip
>other guy rips into fighter's stomach and disembowels him

hmm
>>
>>29720636
Have you ever sparred in your entire life?
Be honest now.

I genuinely don't understand how you would even twist your head to bite their stomach in a guillotine. Like, if I really tried I honestly don't think I'd be able to do it, even if we ignored the fact that I'd be unconscious in a couple of seconds.

You didn't even use the old "But I'll just bite their leg in an armbar or bite their hand in a rear naked choke!" that other ninjutsu/aikido/wushu fags bring up.
>>
>>29720636
>not only does this motherfucker actually believe he can bite someone while in a guillotine choke but also actually fucking believes he can bite so hard he can disembowel someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZKZsqWdFw

This is my favorite video. Please do a gracie challenge match.
>>
File: evander holyfield.jpg (70 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
evander holyfield.jpg
70 KB, 650x366
>>29720647
Yeah of course people get instantly knocked out by a little standing guillotine choke. I took bjj for 6-8 months a few years back. I had a few spars with classmates. Guillotines only end fights when the fighter has the opponent in guard to maximize leverage otherwise the choke is relatively easy to get out of. It doesn't help that if the opponent gets out of the guillotine choke, they are now in a position to smash your face in.

Bites completely turn the swing of a fight. Do you think Holyfield would have made a face like this if he was just struck by a hard right?
>>
>>29720725
>I took bjj for 6-8 months a few years back
>I had a few spars
>I've been choked before, but I still think I have time to disembowel somebody
>I think that standing guillotines are even a thing

Ahahahaha
You aren't kidding anybody, ninja boy.
>>
>>29720596
Yeah, kicking the balls only brings pain and anger, so you need to punch in the throat by next attack. Ballspain suits only for distraction
>>
>>29720747
>I'm totally accurate and fast enough to kick people in the balls and punch them in the throat
>I can also catch flies with chopsticks

Why do online martial arts discussions always end up reading like low-quality fanfiction?
>>
File: crocopsplits.jpg (16 KB, 499x258) Image search: [Google]
crocopsplits.jpg
16 KB, 499x258
look at cro cop highlights and say that with a straight face
>>
>my grappling moves will help me against a crazy guy with same weight
>biting doesn't work because people don't bite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-mSeBSfEI
>>
>>29720785
>Grappling doesn't work!
>I know this because of this video of a clearly untrained person who isn't putting up any fight whatsoever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgg7mwxoLU

Do I really need to keep mentioning this shit in every single thread?
Mate, if your biting shit works so well then go and challenge any BJJ practitioner, judoka or submission wrestler to a fight.
It's clear that you've never even been in a gym in your life, so maybe you should try that first.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcvdJfjHK-o
Soccer kicks and stomps are the best moves right next to biting.
>>
>>29720843
Y'know, stomping someone kind of implies that you've taken them down.

Please tell us all how you manage to throw a judoka when you clearly don't have any experience outside of possibly ninjutsu.
>>
>>29720865
>opponent is on the ground
>you won
You ever watch a UFC fight?
>>
>>29720885
You mean the UFC, where everybody has at least some basic grappling abilities?
i.e. the grappling abilities which you passionately refuse to learn?

Good luck, buddy! I'm sure that the only reason you aren't a UFC champion is because they ban bites and soccer kicks!
>>
File: front kick.gif (2 MB, 413x228) Image search: [Google]
front kick.gif
2 MB, 413x228
>>29711057
Yeah, totally ineffective. Why would the most powerful strike that can be generated by a human be a "meme?" You fucking idiot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lpf1vwr658
Jon Jones' oblique kick is also pretty useful. People gave him a lot of crap about it having the potential to knock someone's kneecap out but I've never seen that happen. The kick tends to make space (similar to a front push kick) while slowing down the opponent by hitting the knee. The guy won all of his 23 fights except one (for DQ) so it worked for him.
>>
>>29720948
Jon Jones is an egoistic dickhead prick but i can't deny he's ring work is incredible
i would like to see him move up on the heavyweight
>>
>>29720924
Will Silva get his mojo back?
>>
>>29711172

> "It doesn't take too much talent to kick in the leg"

The butthurt is real
>>
File: Chris Kyle.jpg (47 KB, 480x365) Image search: [Google]
Chris Kyle.jpg
47 KB, 480x365
>>29720964
>egoistic dickhead prick
Find a top tier athlete who isn't.
>>
File: head kick 2.gif (1002 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
head kick 2.gif
1002 KB, 300x169
>>29720968
Who knows. He's been at it a long time man, competing at that level will take its toll. I don't think he'll ever lose his mojo though, that's a dangerous dude.

I mean for the OP, I'm just focusing on head kicks. Leg and body kicks are equally and sometimes more devastating.
>>
>>29720977
not as much as him though
which is run over someone and leave the car and pretend you've done shit
>>
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/grizzly-bear-attack-near-bella-bella-b-c-ends-with-kick-to-the-face-1.3157849
>logger gets attacked by a Griz mom
>logger tries to play dead
>Griz mom tries to eat him
>logger stands up and kicks Griz mom in the nose with his spiked work boots
>Griz mom runs away

Nah OP kicks are useless don't even bother.
>>
File: 080_Nathan_Diaz I'm the show.jpg (72 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
080_Nathan_Diaz I'm the show.jpg
72 KB, 1310x873
>Having an ego is bad

Its only bad because it makes you uncomfortable. Keep selling that "meek shall inherit the earth" shit.

At the end of the day, if Nate Diaz and his 100 ton ego came into the room he'd be fucking your wife within the next hour.

Effeminate males need to shut their mouths.
>>
File: broken rib.gif (973 KB, 250x163) Image search: [Google]
broken rib.gif
973 KB, 250x163
>>29721027
This, to an extent. An honorable/good man knows how and when to keep it in check though. Dude is probably hot headed as fuck, but I doubt he walks around day to day acting like a headcase. Gotta crank the crazy up to 11, I don't see any other way to step into an octagon with some of the most dangerous human beings imaginable.

Surprised this thread hasn't filled up with VHS black magic ninja arts faggots yet.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (43 KB, 970x646) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
43 KB, 970x646
>>29721059
>unarmed guys in shorts
>most dangerous human beings imaginable
>>
>>29721027
having a ego isn't bad
but you have the ability to uphold the ego or look like some drunk irish boatmouth fighting way beyond his league
>>
>>29721086
>being this autistic
Hey fuck face, unarmed, you will generally not find more dangerous people than those competing at the highest levels of MMA and other contact sports.
>>
File: jon jones.jpg (471 KB, 2105x1305) Image search: [Google]
jon jones.jpg
471 KB, 2105x1305
No one blamed Jon Jones for his ego.
He was just a really really shitty driver. He was also brave in the ring and a coward on the road. Weird
>>
>>29711057
The Marines had guns, and if you have a gun it makes more sense to use that.
>>
As someone who's first martial art was Tae Kwon Do (not that olympic WTF shit) it really irks me when people shit on kicking without knowing how to utilise kicks properly.
YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN A FIGHT AFTER TAKING A BACK KICK TO THE CHEST/STOMACH/RIBS FULL-CONTACT, STOP THIS MEME ABOUT KICKS BEING USELESS
>>
>>29721131
All TKD is shit, especially yours.

And people in actual full-contact sports (i.e. not your shit) manage it all the time.
Just look at kickboxing, muay thai, MMA...

>B-but they aren't TAE KWON DO back kicks!
>>
Motherfuckers don't know bout BJJ

but on topic:

Kicks are very effective if done right, but you need to have perfect technique for them to be useful, also depends highly on the setting where the fight takes places
If you don't have space for proper hip movement you can't even throw a kick.
>>
>>29721151

this

TKD has never been proven useful, whether in MMA or any other shit
All their kicks are shit and generate no power at all
>>
>>29721188
It's not that their kicks are shit, because they share a lot of kicks with good arts.
It's their training methods. They never spar properly, all they do is point sparring with huge protective chestpads.
>>
>>29721109

>brave in the ring
>eyepoking the fuck out of everyone

he's a douchebag, in private and in the ring.
>>
>>29720899
No one gonna object that better trained and stronger fighters will have the advantage in any set of rules. Point is that in UFC many effective techniques against lying opponent is prohibited. This makes lying guard is very effective and difficult to bypass. In case of lack of such limitations fighters will value top position (remaining standing or been on top on ground) more. Right now they barely lose anything if they are thrown on the ground or lose balance, partially because rules protect them there.
>>
>>29721291
Maybe you should try this out in all of the sparring that you've never done.
>>
>>29721197
Wrong, only WTF style use chest protectors.
Traditional styles use hand, foot, head, and groin protectors. Depending on where you go it's either semi-contact or full contact sparring.
>>29721188
Look up someone doing a back kick you misinformed motherfucker
>>
>>29721312
>Full contact TKD
Show me a video please
>>
>>29711057
Meme
>>
>>29719739
>He didnt take the time to catch it with a pair of tongs
>>
I'm a self defense instructor, here are my thoughts:

Training kicks is a useful tool to learn balance, proper distance and more subtly, the ability to focus and bring focus on your upper body while your legs are doing something else. Aka splitting your mind

In an actual fight, traditionally we were taught never kick above groin, one of my instructors lowered that to the knee.

In actuality, the only practical use I see is to control distance. Eg I know someone trained in my art who was a bouncer. Breaking up a fight he saw someone coming at him from the side so he threw a kick. No intention of connecting, but just enough to get that guy to slow/stop so he had the time to maneuver someone else between them.

Good tool to learn, rarely the best tool to use
>>
>>29721368
>Self defense instructor
Are you one of those guys that teach people confidence without the skills to back it up, so they end up getting killed because they thought they could fight?
>>
>>29715315
This guy and Bear Grylls would get get along.

>his eye collapsed, like a water chestnut
>>
>>29711057
For the record that kick would have worked if not for the guard that right guy had up which luckily blocked the leg, if all the leg hit the head it was a KO.
>>
>>29720757
Because its more entertaining this way.
>>
>>29721318
Hard to find a vid online that isn't WTF with the chest protector. Full contact sparring isn't actually part of the syllabus but most classes, at least here in the UK allow full contact between the more experienced members of the class, and also have seminars cross-training with other styles.
At my Dad's we cross-trained with Escrima, Tai chi (taught by one of the pioneers of TKD in 1950, who integrated these moves into his teachings), and boxing, which definitely helps widen a student's knowledge.
I won't ever claim TKD is a martial art you can use for everything, but it isn't all just kicking and striking. One Step sparring is self-defence oriented and teaches throws, trips, locks, and grapples (if taught by a decent instructor)
TKD is a hard one to explain to anyone as most people think "oh, that's that one from the Olympics where they don't do anything but kick for two mins, haha losers"
I can guarantee it exists though, though that's just my word
>>
>>29720785
What are you trying to prove with this? The biter had dominant grappling position. He won the fight because of it.
>>
>>29721318
But have some semi-contact sparring to at least show you it isn't a useless training aid.
>>
>>29721385
Does it sound like I am?
>>
>>29721426
WTF TKD also has one-step LARPing.
It's not sparring, and it has absolutely no real-world use.
>>
>>29721385
I've never met a "self defense instructor" who wasnt.
>>
>>29721457
SO demonstrating techniques in a controlled environment has no use?
I suppose you'd also say Fiore's plays in HEMA is also LARPing.
Training tools are there to demonstrate a technique, no one ever teaches you an assailant will attack with a single obverse punch.
Throwing a bunch of novices straight into sparring is a sure way to injury you silly get
>>
File: fit.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>tfw I could knock out anyone on /k/ so bad his mom won't recognize his corpse in the morgue
>>
>>29721483
There's actually a pretty good rule to follow:
>Do you use those techniques in full-force sparring and competition?
>If yes, then they're fine. If no, then it's LARPing.

In judo, we typically start people sparring as soon as they want. I did a couple of rounds on my first training session.
People who say "You can't spar until X amount of training" usually don't really spar in the first place.
>>
>>29711057
No anon, MMA is a meme.
>>
>>29721439
Yeah, you kind of do.
>>
File: 1453933457456.jpg (16 KB, 295x281) Image search: [Google]
1453933457456.jpg
16 KB, 295x281
>>29721519
lets go to the ring and have a few rounds than tough guy
>>
>>29721504
Beginners do spar, but it's semi-contact
Semi-contact sparring in completions ends up full contact as you want to win
I agree that Traditional TKD needs full contact sparring, but I'll stand by the kicking techniques and those locks we were taught
I now exclusively shoot, gym, and HEMA, but I still stretch and practice my kicking and striking, as Fiore dei Liberi's wrestling focuses on grappling, locks, take-downs, and disarms
>>
>>29721572
We might have some different definitions here.

What exactly do you define as semi-contact, and what do you define as full-contact?
>>
>>29721590
Semi-contact in TAGB TKD at least means you kick and punch each other, any target above the belt, and you are supposed to pull the attacks, so they don't do any lasting damage.
Full contact is driving through with the blows like you're trying to end the fight by making it so they can't continue fighting.

Semi-contact sparring is split into three types too:
Point-stop (one hit = stop and score, used for beginners)
Continuous (competition sparring where you keep at it for two 2 min rounds and at the end the judges hold up a ribbon for who they counted as scoring the most hits (headkick = 3 pts, body kick = 2 pts, punch anywhere = 1 pt)
Free sparring (practice sparring, no scoring, you can go as hard as your opponent is willing to go realistically)
>>
>>29721627
So if you honestly believe that semi-contact sparring basically becomes full-contact sparring when people are trying to win, why even bother having those rules?

I'd still really like to see what you consider to be full-contact sparring, so I googled a TAGB competition.
If this is what you consider to be full-contact sparring, then I'm embarrassed for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTZ7SbJeCY

>They're both wearing black belts
>Neither of them can fight for shit
>>
>>29711057
>Is kicking useless?
Ask Mirko Cro Cop about that.
>>
>>29711057

This mythical concept of the street fight amuses me. If somebody you don't know, that you didn't choose a dispute with, is trying to do you grievous bodily harm you don't agree to participate in... why are you going to play by their rules?
>>
>>29721496

Your calves are pitiful.
>>
>>29711316
Kinda this, but if you need to start shooting before you clear your foot you gonna friendly your toes off.
>>
Fighting with weapons on you is completely different than unarmed martial arts from a tactical standpoint.
>>
>>29720596
Can confirm.
We take all sorts of ungodly knee and kicks to the groin, not to mention all the shin to groin grinding in aome of the positions.God this just reminds me of when my friend ended up with testicular torsion from half guard. He never wrestled or did bjj again.
>>
>>29711320
>>29711329
>>29711411
>>29711436
>>29711525
>>29711890
>>29713118

What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>29711057
I don't know op, if I kick you in the shin wirh a steel toed boot do you think it will hurt?
>>
>>29720885
You can't kick someone in the head when they're on the ground in UFC. In this case, UFC is not a good demonstrator. In a street fight, if you're on the ground, bad things happen, especially if there's more than one guy.
>>
>>29713789
But not everyone is a real martial artist.
>>
>>29722400
Not really, it's just another tool with a specific application.
>>
>>29711283
>autistic
>need assurance

You have it backwards. The autistic is the one that immediately notices you didn't say "reassurance"
>>
>>29721300
He's right though.

People who risk being kicked in the fucking head try to stay on their feet.

People who don't end up less concerned.
>>
>>29711057
>40% more reach than punches
>3 times the force
>Hitting with boot instead of weak wrist
Yes OP its a meme.
>>
>>29721059
Fucking ouch
>>
>>29721101

You can be right without being such an asshole about it.
But you're wrong. MMA guys have to fight under so many different restrictions and rules it's absurd. If you put them into a street fight against guys who know what they're doing but haven't spent their entire lives learning how to hold back they get their asses handed to them.
>>
>>29725791
The thing is very few people actually "know what they're doing" unless they train diligently, and if they train, they have to follow some rules or else they'll run out of training partners real quick.
>>
File: Knocked the fuck out.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Knocked the fuck out.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>29711057
>Is kicking useless?
>Because it seems like it.

Webm mother fucking related, OP.
>>
>>29720725
Two things.

Firstly, straight up bullshit on guillotines not being effective outside of guard. Especially on new grapplers or drunks, you can guillotine a guy off his fucking feet and unconscious if you've got the strength, which you do if you train in a hard combat sport like BJJ or whatever.

Secondly, Evander Holyfield would fucking murder 100 people out of 100 in street fights. Back to fucking back. So would Tyson, back then definitely and even today he'd hold his own.

See, everyone's looking for the "quick trick to win any fight" which is one reason why STREET COMBATIVES MILITARY GRADE FIGHTING SYSTEMS became popular with their meme eye gouges and shit. But at best that shit might get you out of a fight against someone who can't fight. Whereas boxing, muay thai, BJJ, et fucking cetera will do you fine against both people that can't fight, and if you train hard enough you'll be able to fight people who can fight too. Why would you waste your time learning "martial artists hate him" tricks that won't help you against anybody with six months of boxing under their belt?

Oh right, you think this sort of shit makes you a fucking ninja. You're a clown.
>>
>>29724489
Look outside the UFC then. Soccer kicks exist in other orgs under other rulesets, and they rock. Try ONE FC for a start.
>>
>>29727343
Your whole perspective is skewed because you're stuck in the competition mindset.

No one fights for fighting sake, there's always a goal and going head to head is rarely the best way to achieve that. You'll never have a nigger fight you for your wallet, you'll have a one guy sucker punch you and and two other beat you down to get it.
>>
>>29727487
Well that isn't true though? Go and look up street fights, there's thousands of videos. People fight for fighting's sake all the time.

But gosh, it's totally possible that somebody sucker punches you when you don't expect it. Almost makes you wish there was some way to get used to taking a punch? If only there was some martial art or sport that involves lots of punching...
>>
>>29727367
I've never heard of an org which allows it, and for good reason. It'll fuck you up BAD.
>>
>>29727693
Yes you have, ONE FC. I just told you one. I have a feeling that Pride FC used to as well.

There are lots of different rulesets, the UFC uses the "Unified Rules" which came about when the UFC was trying to go legitimate and needed to work with the US athletic commissions to get sanctioned as a proper sport. Soccer kicks and the silly 12-6 elbow rule are some of the sacrifices they had to make to get recognised by the commissions, but rest assured other organisations putting on shows in other countries have no obligation to use this ruleset over others.

In actual fact, soccer kicks are legal in the UFC, but only to the body. The recent episode of The Ultimate Fighter that just aired featured some beautiful soccer kicks to the body for the finish, and in fact there were some in UFC 197 last night, although I forget which fight they were in. You just can't do them to the head, sadly. Hope it changes in the future, and I'm sure there will be a rule revisit as soon as the Nevada State AC's corrupt retard members die of old age.

I don't think they're much more dangerous than other techniques, just more decisive. I'm sure there are many cases in which fights went on longer than they perhaps should have, and a fighter took more punishment than preferable, because the other fighter wasn't able to finish the fight with legal techniques but couldn't soccer kick due to the rules.

I'd like to see them incorporated into the Unified Rules because they're a great realistic technique and change the dynamics of grappling a lot. See also: knees to the head of a downed opponent, 12-6 elbows, probably some others I forget.
>>
>>29727794
You're ignoring the fact that these are far more dangerous than most things that are done. Soccer kicking the head of a guy on the ground is just brutal, and liable to cause a LOT of permanent injuries.
>>
>>29727794
Pride was always the better organization

>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp58a5_don-frye-vs-yoshihiro-takayama-pride_shortfilms
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.