[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell are A2 carry handle sights so expensive now? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Why the hell are A2 carry handle sights so expensive now?
What was $25 is now $110.
Fuck the problem is?
>>
>>29710634
They aren't standard-issue anymore, so they aren't mass produced as much
>>
>>29710640
>>
*A3
And because no-one really uses them anymore.
>>
>>29710643
Fucking 4chan doesn't support emojis, god damn everything is falling apart
>>
>want A2 build
>struggling between fixed A2 vs removable A2
>>
>>29710653
> trying to use emojis on 4chan
How's middle school going, anon?
Did your friends like your musical.ly video?
How many vine followers do you have?
What are the malanin levels in your skin, nigger?
>>
>>29710713
Removeable. Trust me. My fixed a2 makes me want to jump off a cliff.
>>
>>29710714
>yfw i get more tail in middle school than you do as an adult because i use emojis.
>>
>>29710713
Removable all the way
>>
>>29710713
Why not both?

Buy a fixed stock lower and then 2 uppers. Get the fixed carryhandle first, then when you get sick of it, get a flattop.
>>
>>29710713
If you go for removable, it's not an A2 build, just sayin...

A removable carry handle is more modular, but they don't look as classy. Were I you, I'd get a flat top upper and do what you want to make it functional/tacticool, and then in the future pick up a legit A2 style upper for classiness. Detachable carry handles were never cool. Remember the great thing about ARs is you can have multiple builds on a single lower.
>>
>>29710713
the only con to the removable shit beyond maybe a couple ounces of weight is the shorter screw.
>6/3 instead of 8/3 (hundred yards? or was it meters), you can actually put an 8 screw in a removable one but you have to drill into the top of the receiver some to give it clearance
realistically though are you ever going to be shooting 800m irons without a diopter setup?

the flexibility to swap to an optic and buis or whatever your heart desires is absolutely worth the trade unless you are going for a clone look and the aesthetic matters.
used take offs are still 25$ at the fun shows here, never bothered to buy one new.
>>
>>29710714
>>29710792
anyone who calls them emojis is a huge faggot or 12 and a faggot, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT2eOGZzRGI
bait tho
>>
File: retroisloveretroislife.png (1 MB, 3000x1000) Image search: [Google]
retroisloveretroislife.png
1 MB, 3000x1000
>>29710713
>fixed A2 build
If you have any desire for optics, get ready for chin-welds or (lol) gooseneck mounts.
>>
>>29710792
underageb&
>>
>>29710634
because you don't know how to shop.
used colt-$40
new DPMS-$50
new colt-$55
the only outrageous one was the Rock River at $140 but I only bought it 'cause I wanted an all RR rifle.
>>
>>29710855
Was the joke always that the white kids sound like the blackest people?
(yes i know who the voice actors were.
>>
>>29711007
But if i go on Ebay, how will i know that i'm not buying airshit?
>>
>tfw you didn't buy a socom 14.5 pinned upper
>>
File: tumblr_nb7iceiPdG1qhqzwno1_1280.jpg (191 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb7iceiPdG1qhqzwno1_1280.jpg
191 KB, 1000x750
>>29710713
>A2 Build
>Removable
Then thats an A3/A4 Build
>>
>>29710713
In order for it to be an a2 it has to be fixed no getting around unless you just say you are doing a4gery
>>
Well I live in Canada and everything is expensive so getting an A2 upper and a flat top would cost over 450$ plus tax.
>>
>>29711025
Don't buy from fucking eBay then.
>>
>>29710792
Why the hell is getting tail (which at least where i am from) closer to a dick than anything else a good thing?

So youre a fag!?
>>
File: IMG_0077.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0077.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Removable is for fags.

You can still into scopes. cheek weld is for pansy faggots anyway, that's why you have irons.
>>
>>29711025
Look up the legit forge marks and find one with it. If not in the picture its prby airshit
>>
>>29710713

This entirely depends on your attitude towards your AR. If you think there's even a remote possibility of mounting an optic, go with the a3 if you have a hard on for co witness sights. If you want the gulf war/ black hawk down classic, go with the a2. Otherwise just buy a modern AR.

I own a 91 Colt HBAR Match Sporter from back when Colt held the military contract. It's identical to what was issued to US troops during the Gulf war except for the sear block and semi auto function. It feels classic and is still a capable marksman rifle.

A2s are also drying up so buy one now if you want it
>>
>>29712721
What Optic?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.