[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GAS Station job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: BP-logo.jpg (169 KB, 2187x1340) Image search: [Google]
BP-logo.jpg
169 KB, 2187x1340
So I'm applying for a job at a local BP station and got to talk with the owner. I asked her if she allowed her employees to either open of conceal carry. She responds by saying it's not BP store policy and that I'm not allowed to. I also asked if it was ok to wear at bullet proof vest. She said she'd have to ask her lawyer but she didn't think so.

If I get this job, how fucked am I?
>>
they can only fire you from your minimum wage gas station clerk for saving your own life.
>>
You won't get the job if you asked stupid ass questions like that. I'm pretty sure this is b8 though and consider your post a success because someone replied.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
This is going to be unpopular as fuck around here, but robbers want your money. Wear a vest, and you should be fine.

You won't get hired after that question though

Most gas station employees are felons and they don't want them to pic related if they want a gun for protection
>>
>>29707902

It's against the law to require you to not wear a bullet proof vest specificaly.
I mean, if you get fired for no reason given, that's one thing. Preventing passive methods of personal safety is another.
>>
>>29707931
Well she did say she had her own permit to CC, but she can't do anything about store policy.
>>
>>29707902
>>29707935
>>29707972
>>29707978
A vest won't save your life if they shoot you in the head.
>>
File: 1418857107557.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1418857107557.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>29707902
>I also asked if it was ok to wear at bullet proof vest.

A "bulletproof vest" isn't going to save your life. Situational awareness is. In this case, it's not working a night shift at a goddamn gas station.

Don't take the job. Get something safer like being a line cook where you won't get fucking shot over $40 in cash and actually learn some sort of skill like cooking and stress management.
>asking stupid questions like this to your employer
>not carrying a gun anyways

There's a difference between carrying while violating company policy and carrying while violating federal law.
>>
>>29708008
Most shots don't happen in the head.
>>
>>29707978

Take the hint and know you both carry and don't bring it up again.
Sheesh.
>>
>>29708008

I wear one two sizes too big so I turtle tuck into it.
But hey if you want to risk not having one that's up to you.
>>
>>29708018
>In this case, it's not working a night shift at a goddamn gas station
I'm getting evicted in 5 weeks if I don't find some kind of work. Jobs are few and people who are picky around here are the ones that are unemployed.
>>
>>29708044
Then take the job. Do you even conceal carry yet? Chances are you don't live in a bad neighborhood. Situational awareness and being able to quickly deploy a gun is going to be much more helpful to you than a damn vest.
>>
>>29708044
Sell your gun and body armor to cover rent while you look for a job.
>>
>>29707902
I don't think you have a chance of getting the job after asking those questions.
>>
>>29707902
Do you even
>manager of Wendy's 6 figure?
Pleb
>>
>loves blowing holes in stuff
>prohibits concealed carry
>BP
>>
I would not work at a stop and rob without carrying regardless of store policy.
>>
Carry anyway, just make sure your handgun is well hidden.
>>
>>29708044
>I get evicted in 5 weeks if I don't find a job
So your mom is kicking you out then?
>>
Just carry anyway.
>>
>>29710483
This, I mean what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>29710448
Pretty much.... Been unemployed for a year now and had to move in with my parents to avoid becoming homeless.
>>
>>29707902
Depends were in the city this gas station is. I doubt you need a gun since the BP station is probably going explode with the slightest spark.
>>
>>29708008
are you really going to focus on head shots while scared shitless or adrenaline pumped? The first reaction is shoot the fucker, not think I'm going to quickscope no scope this guy
>>
You dont need to work in a gas station if you are that paranoid. Nothing wrong with protecting yourself but if you get put on third shift youll have a fucking heart attack before anyone has a chance to shoot you.

I worked second and third shifts for a year. The best thing you can do is chat up the cops that come in and put on fresh coffee for them. Theyll hang around your gas station and thats a pretty good deterrent. Ive even had them give me their personal cell numbers if there was an emergency.

One time I had a car case the gas station twice in one night. They came back and parked and watched me for a couple minutes. I called one of the guys on duty. No shit, within about three minutes I had two patrol cars and a K9 unit come zooming in the parking lot. The sketchy dudes bolted. Never saw that car again.
>>
>>29711071
He's referring to the assailant shooting you in the head.

>>29711135
thanks for the advice, but you were lucky they didn't head on inside once they parked.
>>
>>29711256
If they did come inside I would have just given them the money. Thats one of the first things they tell you to do once youre hired. A store/manager would rather lose the $50 in the register than deal with an assault.

All Im saying is that you dont need to work at a gas station if you are wanting to bring a gun and a bullet proof vest. You dont have the temperment for the work.

You dont even have the job yet and youre already worried about getting killed. And who hell brings up carrying a gun in an interview?
>>
>>29707902
Is this gas station in a bad area? I was manager of a gas station for 5 years and we never had a single robbery, even on the night shift. I think your concerns are misplaced, unless your gas station is in the middle of harlem or something.
>>
>>29711827
Gas station clerk is one of the top 5 deadliest jobs in America. After race car driver, construction worker, taxi driver, and miner.

Also just handing them the money doesn't mean they won't shoot you anyway.

Anyway I've also put in my application at 25 other places this week alone and plan to put in more. I was just asking about this in case I did get hired at the BP station.
>>
>shooting a thief over 50$ that aren't even your money

op you are a fucking tryhard faggot
>>
>>29711907
>Gas station clerk is one of the top 5 deadliest jobs in America. After race car driver, construction worker, taxi driver, and miner.

Are you a fucking idiot? Seriously. How fucking dumb are you? These are the top ten from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Let me know what number gas station employee is.

1. Logging workers
2. Fisherman and related fishing occupations
3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers
4. Assorted extraction workers
5. Roofers
6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors
7. Farmers, ranchers and other agricultural managers
8. Structural iron and steel workers
9. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers
10. Electrical power-line installers and repairers
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.