[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i want to buy a 9mm CZ Shot 200rds through one and loved it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
So i want to buy a 9mm CZ
Shot 200rds through one and loved it.
Anything I need to be aware of?
>>
Get a SP-01; they're nicer to shoot and the tac rail is a good feature. Personally, I had a CZ but I realized a bit late that I like striker fired over hammer fired.

FWIW, a guy at CZCustom posted on here a bit ago about the CGW parts and how they've had some issues (despite them usually being very supportive of each other in most forums), so perhaps you should just stick with CZCustom parts if you want aftermarket internals.
>>
>>29707044

other than legume-tier pictures?

no.
>>
>>29707081
I don't plan on modifying it other than getting wood grips.
>>
>>29707044
I have a P-01, wouldn't necessarily recommend it for CC but it's doable. I'd go with >>29707081
and get an SP-01, it makes a great nightstand gun. I love my P-01 but I'm tempted to trade up to the SP, or maybe a RAMI to satisfy my desire for a hammer-fired CC.

As far as CZ guns go, the 01 series at the very least (maybe other CZs as well) I've heard can have weak firing pin retaining pin/bar/whatever the fuck it is, so excessive dry-firing has the potential to lead to trouble down the line. Other than that, they're rock-solid guns by a good, reputable manufacturer.
>>
File: 1460884416229.jpg (315 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460884416229.jpg
315 KB, 900x1200
>>29707089
I had a pic of the CZ I shot, can't find it.
>>
>>29707044
People are going to shit all over your opinion.

That's the only advice I have
>>
>>29707135
I don't plan on CC it.
My roommate has a few small .38s that I could CC if I needed 2
>>
>>29707152
The fuck is that
>>
>>29707170
Yeah then go for it. If you want all metal, SP-01 is solid. If polymer is your fancy, I've heard just as good of stuff for the P-09
>>
File: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MONTRESOR.jpg (78 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MONTRESOR.jpg
78 KB, 720x576
>>29707152

that picture is fucked. take it back.
>>
>>29707135
Why wouldn't you recommend it for cc? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>29707266
Just a bit too big and bulky for me (5'9", 170). I can do it pretty well in winter when flannels and jackets are the norm but no way in hell could I do it in summer. Some people are able to do it better though, I just prefer not to have to go out of my way to dress around a gun if I can help it.
>>
>>29707330
Aight, thanks. I'm 5'8 and doing some research for a cc gun. Haven't had a chance to handle a P-01 but was thinking it would do. I'll look at some other options.
>>
>>29707359
A lot of it is preference. If you get the chance to handle it and the size doesn't bother you, then by all means go for it. While I decided to make the move to a Glock 43 instead, I still like my P-01 and use it as my main HD gun. If I don't sell it chances are I'll use it to try out IDPA as well.
>>
Alright friends, I need some perspective.

Planning on getting a CZ as my first handgun in a month for my birthday (can't legally purchase a pistol and obtain a CC permit until 21), and at this point I'm pretty set on wanting a CZ. I've been to a few gun stores / pawn shops (I plan on buying new) to handle some of the CZs.

I like the CZ75B but it seems too large to CC so I was looking at the compact series.

So my question is the 75 Compact or the P01? I like the full-steel construction of the Compact but the P01 has the rails, which I have no plans for now, but they're there if I need them in the future. The Compact is slightly cheaper.

The Compact has the safety but the P01 has the decocker. Which one is more useful? Which of the two would you recommend?
>>
>>29707152
i bet thats what hell is like
>>
>>29708337
The P01's alloy frame is going to be a bit lighter for CC, but neither gun is going to be especially comfortable or easy to conceal. It's doable if you have a good holster and belt, but you WILL notice the weight. The P01's rail does make it harder to find a holster, but they're out there. The rail makes it a better option if it's doubling as a HD or nightstand gun so you can slap a light on there.

The Compact is going to absorb a little more of the felt recoil with the weight of the steel frame, and probably be more fun to shoot. I've heard from multiple sources that the CZs with decockers have grittier triggers than the standard models, but I can't vouch for that from experience, as I've only shot a standard Compact.

The safety on the Compact is very easy to flip on and off, possibly too easy. The safety is an option for whenever you might feel you need it, but I personally would not carry it cocked and locked like a 1911. I carry mine in DA, but that means I have to carefully let the hammer down on a live round while pulling the trigger. That's the way it was designed, and most people are fine with it, but there's still a risk if you fuck it up.

Get whichever you're more comfortable with or whichever you think will suit your needs better. I bought a Compact because it was all that was in stock at my LGS. No regrets.
>>
>>29708337
It's not large at all. My friend carries his CZ 75 pre-b every where. It's a nice gun, but be warned no safety features in the gun. It has a de-cocker but that's pretty much it. It's a great gun designed for instinctive shooting.
>>
>>29707044
>Anything I need to be aware of?

Proper sentence structure?
>>
>>29708515
This is 4chan, not English class.
>>
File: 20160423_0101032.jpg (660 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160423_0101032.jpg
660 KB, 1920x1080
I really enjoy my P-01, and I carry it a good amount. Ergos are great, trigger smoothed out after while. A bit heavy and bulky to carry, but I can do it with most t-shirts without issue.

That being said the PCR or RAMI is better for carry. I like the RAMI with the de-cocker because the low profile safety version is a pain to use IMO.

If I was just getting a HD gun or range toy I'd go with a SP-01 or P-09.
>>
>>29708337
In a hammer gun I tend to prefer decocker over safety, especially in this case if the safety is a little easier to flip off like >>29708494
says. I don't notice any crazy grittiness with My P-01's trigger; it's not the best trigger I've ever felt but it's by far not the worst. About the trigger you'd expect and be happy with according to the price of the gun.

All said and done, though, instead of getting a P-01 and having it pull double duty for CC and HD, I'd recommend a RAMI or PCR like >>29708677
says and if you want a good HD pistol, get an SP-01 or a P-09
>>
File: 20160103_204936~2~3.jpg (488 KB, 1747x1084) Image search: [Google]
20160103_204936~2~3.jpg
488 KB, 1747x1084
Finish isn't the greatest, at least on my base model 75B it wasn't. Maybe the P-01 and SP-01 are better. Also the trigger takes some firing/dry firing to smooth out but once it does its a sweet gun. It's more accurate than I am. They're also a cunt and a hald to detail strip.

If you can afford it go with thw SP-01 for full size, P-01 for "compact" (it's really not all that small).

Pic related is my 75B after cerakote
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.