[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You ever had a ND /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 700x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 700x495
You ever had a ND /k/?
>>
>>29698398
/k/ would have to own guns to be able to ND.
>>
>>29698398
no
>>
File: 1444227228919.jpg (149 KB, 1000x828) Image search: [Google]
1444227228919.jpg
149 KB, 1000x828
>>29698398
>2016
>using a leather holster
>2016
>using a fucking leather holster with a striker fired gun

I will never understand this.
>>
>>29698398

No, my father raised me right.
>>
>>29698654
Neither of those is a problem. The problem is a leather holster with a trigger safety.
>>
>>29698398
No, I have kydex holsters for my Non DAO handguns, and I keep all but two firearms unloaded and stored safely.
>>
>>29698398
No
>>
No. Mostly because I'm not retarded.
>>
>>29698696
The state in which you store your guns doesn't matter since you should be handling them the same regardless of whether you know they're loaded or not.

Personally I keep my guns sometimes loaded, sometimes not, because it forces me into good habits of practicing proper td, muzzle awareness and checking the condition of the firearm.
>>
only when pointing down range.
>>
>>29698398
That image right there is why I will never own a glock. You never know when the trigger will snag something.
>>
>>29698765
I keep all my guns loaded and chambered
>>
>>29698786
>That image right there is why I will never own a glock.

You can
>have a properly made kydex holster
>have a brain
>have proper td
>look at your holster for any obstructions when putting your gun back

and not die. That being said, I prefer da/sa over striker even though it is perfectly safe.
>>
>>29698765
That's why I didn't mention how I handle them. I am not a fuckwit.
I just stated that to minimize risk I have only 2 firearms loaded and live at a given moment (Nitghtstand Pistol & CCW)
I don't have NDs because I don't improperly handle firearms, and have proper holsters for carry guns.
>>
>>29698786
You mean that is why you will never use an old leather holster?
I Mexicarry my Glock and have no issues
>>
File: RavenGlockThing3[1].jpg (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
RavenGlockThing3[1].jpg
91 KB, 800x600
>>29698856
Please tell me you at least have a trigger guard cover
>>
>>29698398
Nope, but then I'm also not an irresponsible faggot.
>>
>>29698398
Once.

Had a loaded (but not capped) 1853 enfield out target shooting and when i went to pick it up (at the base of the gun near the nipple) what i presume was static electricity set it off and it fired into the air. didn't shoot it for months after that.
>>
>At range
>Shooting .22 handgun
>Friend taps me on the back for something
>Pull handgun back with finger still on the trigger
>ND downrange

At least I got it out of the way.

>Be Anon`s Father
>Come to range with Anon, not very familiar with handguns
>Kid keeps telling me to keep my finger off the trigger
>I keep my finger off the trigger but inside the trigger guard so it`s fine
>Looking at side of .22 trying to remember which one was the safety and which one was the slide release
>ND downrange
>>
>>29698654
maybe you'll understand next year.
>>
File: 1453547307189.jpg (221 KB, 811x1098) Image search: [Google]
1453547307189.jpg
221 KB, 811x1098
>>29698879
>ND downrange

At least you were following the other firearm safety rules so it's fine. Just stop being a fuckup.
>>
>>29698398
I had a bolt action rifle fire once when I closed the bolt.

It was pointed downrange, nobody hurt.

Problem was actually a boyds stock that wasn't done correctly, removed a bit of material and it was fine.
>>
File: DeSantis-Cozy-Partner-300x300.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
DeSantis-Cozy-Partner-300x300.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
Why do people want to carry with a plastic holster? That shit is so uncomfortable compared to leather.

>inb4 crossbreed

Tried them and having a 12 inch holster on your belt is pants on head retarded when things like pic related exist
>>
Yeah, and I've been paying for him for 16 years. Get the fuck off of /k/ Jimmy.
>>
>>29698900
>Why do people want to carry with a plastic holster? That shit is so uncomfortable compared to leather.

Maybe you can stop buying shitty holsters off the rack at your overpriced lgs?
>>
>>29698871
what will your SAFE-Action glock tigger possibly get caught on while tucked in your drawers? your massive mound of braided pubes???
>>
>>29698926
Now I know you are trolling, at least I can rest easy knowing that only imaginary cocks are getting negligently blown off.
>>
yes because i was a trigger nigger when i was younger. thankfully it didnt destroy anything except for my self esteem.
>>
>>29698900

my alien gear holster has a layer of neoprene against the body.

it's very comfortable
>>
>>29698875
That's not an ND that's an act of fuckin God m8
>>
>>29698899
oh, i should add for clarification it fired upon bolt closing without any other input, my hand was nowhere near the trigger. I was able to repeat it at home, happened every 3rd time or so I closed the bolt
>>
>>29698871
Yeah its called my belt

My holster is being made so Ill use that in a few weeks when it comes in
>>
>>29698398
>leave my gun loaded, no one fucks with it. no ND.
>one day when Im not home
someone fucks with it. ND.
>I get blamed.
>the idiot litterally decided to "make sure the gun was safe." while not knowing much about guns.
>picks it up, pulls back the slide, sees a round
>releases slide with finger on the trigger
>squeezes trigger
>boom
>>
File: v1.jpg (121 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
121 KB, 800x1200
>having a holster that's not a shoulder holster
Why?
>>
>>29698398
>keeping a round in the chamber in a leather holster on a striker fired gun
>not being a retard
pick one
>>
>>29698976
Did you dutifully discharge at them when you found out?
>>
>>29699046
for some reason, 90% of "carry evangelists" scream foul about not having one in the chamber, because their fat, greasy mitts couldn't possibly rack the slide without a pair of pliers.
>>
>>29698398

Yes. I'm still ashamed of it, but I am also open and honest about it because I deserve the shame and I don't want anybody else to make the same mistakes I did.

Nobody got hurt, but still, it shouldn't have happened.
>>
>>29698987
You dropped your fedora my man
>>
>>29698923
Actually, my LGS is based. They give me employee pricing (cost +10%). And I've had nice kydex holsters, maybe you're too poor to afford leather?
>>
>>29698958
I carry my jframe in one of those shitty $10 neoprene and suede holsters, its literally the most comfortable holster I own and I have a few $100+ holsters lol.
>>
File: 1457883807184.png (137 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
1457883807184.png
137 KB, 1631x1571
>>29699398
>maybe you're too poor to afford leather?

I have a raven. Fuck me sideways, galco is pricey huh
>>
>>29699255
Fedora's are 20's-40's throwbacks. Shoulder holsters are 80's throwbacks.

Step it up, senpai.
>>
Yeah
>>
>>29698398
Gawd, that freaks me out. This is why I like my pistols with manual thumb safeties.

Answer to your question: Nope. And I damn well intend to keep it that way. Grave the Four Laws upon your heart.
>>
File: 1445691102549.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
1445691102549.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
>>29698398
>Be going to bed.
>Be half asleep.
>Shift around in bed to get comfortable.
>Mattress spring shifts and makes a thud against the roof of my mattress.
>For some reason my half asleep mind registers it a gunshot.
>Wake up and nearly shit myself.
>Clear out both of my guns just to make sure.
>Search high and low all over room for a bullet hole, or shell casing.
>Nothing
>>
File: 1457935482253.jpg (47 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
1457935482253.jpg
47 KB, 736x490
>>29699433
>Fedora's are 20's-40's throwbacks. Shoulder holsters are 80's throwbacks.

Again, you dropped your fedora my main man.
>>
>>29699431
Theyre between $60-$100, but i have cheaper holsters that are just as comfortable. Leather is just so comfortable compared to plastic or a fuckhueg aliengear/crossbreed
>>
>>29698586
/k/night shift has plenty of guns.

its you day/k/are fags that are airsoft tier
>>
>>29699433
>20's-40's throwbacks
You realize that men wore Fedoras all the way up through the 60s, right?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>29699495
Honest question -- do you equate Aviators and Popped Collars with fedoras as well?
>>
>>29699433
In that case don't forget your legwarmers and Boy George cassettes
>>
>>29699433
>>29699528
And shoulder holsters date back to the Revolutionary War.
>>
>>29699079
akshooalee its because that extra second or so can mean the difference between life and death
>>
I was shooting alone in the woods and popped a round into the dirt as I was raising or lowering my rifle. AUG trigger may be heavy but it ain't that heavy. This was a good while ago.
>>
File: 148.jpg (130 KB, 950x404) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
130 KB, 950x404
>>29699528
No, I don't realize that. I'm way too "not give a fuck" about fedoras to actually sit down and pull up a fuckin' Wikipedia page on the them.

You and >>29699495
seem to be 100% fuckin' obsessed with the things, though. Saving pictures of them on your harddrives and shit.
>>
>>29698665
your shirt could catch on the trigger. In which case the holster doesn't matter.
I always use two hands to holster my gun to make sure nothing is in the way.
>>
File: 20160422_144117.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160422_144117.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>29698665
The holster is poorly made. Leather holsters should have a reinforced rim to prevent folding up as they soften with use.
>>
I'd put a new pistol grip on my AR and accidentally put the selector detent in backwards. when I forced it from safe to semi it fired a quick two rounds into the dirt in front of me. only time I've ND'd, but it really wasn't even due to negligence
>>
>>29698398
No. It's literally the simplest thing to avoid and anyone who ever has a negligent discharge for ANY reason needs to be gassed.
>>
Yes, with a black powder revolver that broke at half cock. I was hunting and fell through a brush pile with the gun in my hand. It went off from the impact that released the hammer and smashed it into the cap, but I was holding it out away from myself and wasn't injured. It was a cheap piece of shit Pietta.

This is why the "Can I carry a shitty black powder gun?" threads rustle my jimmies. That and hangfires.
>>
I had an old Browning A5 shotgun and my buddy and I were out bird hunting. The safety was on and a round in the chamber. My right hand was around the grip completely, with no fingers extended towards the trigger in any way. My left hand obviously, on the forearm of the shotgun and barrel pointed up at about 75 degree angle. Just walking through the field and went to wipe some sweat off my face and tripped. I automatically put my left hand back to the forearm but forcefully and somehow the thing went off on it's own. Safety was still on and my right hand nor fingers were ever near the trigger. After that happened I unloaded it and we went home and checked it out. Turns out I could make it fire just by banging it against a tree stump with almost any part of the gun even with a towel wrapped around where we would hit it against to prevent scratches. I don't know if that counts as an ND or AD but regardless I took it in to get it fixed and it was a wore out part since the gun was older. I just ended up trading it in on a newer shotgun anyways.

In Iraq driving along in a humvee, our turret gunner didn't mount the M2 properly and going through a bumpy field it fell off the mount and landed inside the humvee on the metal and it went off with the barell like 3 feet above his head. Luckily he was seated and not standing up or it would have been near face level which I imagine the muzzle blast even could do some damage at that distance. That I would consider ND because he didn't check his shit well enough before we rolled out of the FOB.
>>
>>29699398
>employees have to pay 10% extra
>based
>>
>>29698765
>The state in which you store your guns doesn't matter since you should be handling them the same regardless of whether you know they're loaded or not.

If there's any chance someone will handle your guns that isn't you, it matters
>>
I shot a bookcase with a glock 20 while I was house sitting for some friends.
I about sold every gun I own over that. Friends who owned the house convinced me not to though.
>>
>>29702174
Your an idiot.
Cost +10% means the employees pay what it costs for the store to buy the gun, plus a markup of only 10%, rather than the much higher markup a customer would receive.
>>
File: pQYaVqp.webm (373 KB, 412x304) Image search: [Google]
pQYaVqp.webm
373 KB, 412x304
>>29698654
>>
>>29698810
>look at your holster for any obstructions when putting your gun back

This, seriously. Unless there's an explosion behind you that you're not looking at, just watch your re-holster.
>>
>>29702174
>Cost+10%
>10% extra
>>
>>29698398
>ND
Nope, have had a legit AD though.
>>
>>29698899
I used to tap my SAWs buttstock lightly on the ground with the bolt back to make post buddies nervous.
>>
>>29698765
One in the chamber with the safety on is the way to go
>>
>>29698879
>I keep my finger off the trigger but inside the trigger guard so it`s fine

I hope this isn't a common interpretation of the 3rd rule of safety.
>>
>>29702257
Explain
>>
>>29698398
>Glock Safety Trigger
>Defeated by a 10 year old dead horse
>>
>>29698987
>Holster pocket in the direction of gravity so it's more likely to fall out, muzzle pointed at the brachial artery

I need one
>>
File: FeelTheBren.jpg (23 KB, 502x240) Image search: [Google]
FeelTheBren.jpg
23 KB, 502x240
Yeah, I was trying to act cool by using a da revolver as an sa, nearly shot myself in the face and put a hole in the roof. But on the bright side, I was shooting my father's AK later and a casing ejected, hit the beam next to me and bounced up and lodged into the hole that I shot. True story, I only wish I had a camera at the time to take a picture of it, it was a bit before good cameras on phones. That's the only ND I've ever had, and I learned my lesson.
>>
>>29699568
When has it EVER?
>>
>>29698398
Its funny how this pic triggers glock fags. I get why you would not want at manual safety but you have to admit that having both a trigger and manual safety will always be safer.
>>
>>29699079
A physical struggle is going to stop your from racking the slide or risk the gun not going into battery. If your assailant has a gun himself, you're only hope is to bet on a moment of distraction. If their focus is you, you're fucked.

Also some armed citizens rely on the strategy of drawing and firing only after the moment they are justified to use deadly force, otherwise you risk a brandishing charge or the prosecution perceives you as escalating the situation. This means you have to be ready to fire without delay.

The debate reminds me of butterfly knives. Aside from knives being a terrible defense tool, no one would argue that a butterfly knife is an acceptable choice given the alternatives. If you can't deploy it, it's useless.
>>
>>29698398
I once had my BP pistol go off before I was expecting it to. The trigger is something close to 12-15 pounds because it's a piece of shit, and having it break early caught me by surprise.

I was already aiming it down range and at a target though, so the only consequence was that I limp wristed it like a bitch.

I don't know if that's really an ND though, since I was aiming and intending to fire the gun.
>>
>>29702439
>your assailant will kill you!
When has this ever happened? I seem to recall no news articles ever coming out about a concealed carrier getting his head blown off, which is exactly what the media would like to release.
>prosecution using brandishing
Again, when has this ever happened? Seriously?

You're sacrificing total and complete safety for "relative safety" based on a bunch of total paranoid bullshit
>>
>>29699079

Try racking your slide when Dindu Nuffin decides to culturally enrich you
>>
>>29698879
Are we long lost brothers? I bought my dad a .22 rifle, it's his first gun. He simply does not grasp the concept of staying outside the trigger guard.
>>
>>29702457
>When has this ever happened? I seem to recall no news articles ever coming out about a concealed carrier getting his head blown off, which is exactly what the media would like to release.

I googled it and could not find a single headline of an armed citizen being shot. I guess good guys never lose gun fights ever.

>Again, when has this ever happened? Seriously?

Literally every asshole tactic has been used by the prosecution who don't give a shit about self defense. I don't study cases but I've watched a few massad ayoob videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j4PS_8R5IE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTs-ZKxS9SA
>>
>>29702651
Are you retarded?

>Did the defendant chamber the bullet before shooting the deceased?
>He did.
>WE GOT HIM! If he chambered the bullet, he MUST be guilty!
>If he was walking around with a bullet already chambered in the gun, he would have been completely innocent, because NOBODY WALKING AROUND WITH A LOADED GUN IS LOOKING FOR A FIGHT!
>ORDER!!! ORDER!!!
>>
File: slvFREs.jpg (368 KB, 1500x1186) Image search: [Google]
slvFREs.jpg
368 KB, 1500x1186
>>29702290
It used to be to a certain extent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs83TE7HJrY

>>29702547
In their defense TD has only been around for a good 40 years.

>>29702329
Didn`t someone take the casing to reload it?
>>
>>29698398
Yes
I've had 2, one of which, the first, I'm lucky to have not shot myself.
Been playing loose fast and heavy with guns for over a decade.

It used to be the law in Ohio that you had to have the gun either visible on you or locked inside a box while transporting it with a ccw. Since I was unable to meet the open carry as defined by the rules I would take my gun out of the holster and throw it in one of those little metal lock boxes they sell for that purpose whenever I got in the car. I got home one night, it was dark and I grabbed my stuff and my hands were full, but I'm a man and can only "make one trip" so I grabbed a lot of stuff to carry then remembered my gun and grabbed it, set it on top of the stuff I was carrying. I made it inside and when I turned to close the door it slid, the trigger caught something and "BAM".
It went through a wall, the outer sheet metal of a hot water heater and was stopped by the tank, thank god.

The second ND I was practicing trigger squeeze with snap caps and dry firing at the TV. I'd been doing this for a while, stopping and starting while doing laundry etc.. Well, I put a real mag back in and forgot and shot a hole clean through my new 4k tv, that pretty much sucked. It went through the tv, through the wall behind it, including stud, and into the next room where it still hasn't been found. The room doesn't have any furniture either so it's even weirder.

Safety is important. The first ND I'm lucky I didn't shoot myself in the chest and the second ND cost me a new 4k ultra television. Both could have gone worse, either by injury or taking out more expensive property, like the furnace for example.

That being said, these people:
>>29698664
>>29698746
don't have much experience with guns and it shows.
>>
File: photo9_zps851af994.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
photo9_zps851af994.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
Yup put 00 buck into my basement wall.

Fucking slam fired 1897 clone before I knew what that was. I learned that day.
>>
>>29702703
What is any of that supposed to mean? This isn't even a parody of what I said. Comprehend what I'm saying. Showing steel to warn jokers to fuck off can be your word vs theirs over brandishing charges. For this reason some people carry to only draw and shoot when necessary, never to present the weapon as a warning. That part has nothing to do with a chambered or unchambered round. And whether this strategy is of any use or not is determined by how fucked and liberal your local justice system is.

What this does have to do with chambered vs unchambered: if you are one of those people, you are only drawing when you or someone else is in immediate danger of grave bodily harm. Time to rack the slide is a luxury at that point.
>>
>>29702712
Nah it was steel. Did I already tell this? Someone did take it down after about a year though. I know it didn't just fall because I felt it and it was really wedged in there.
>>
>>29702929
>Showing steel to warn jokers to fuck off can be your word vs theirs over brandishing charges. For this reason some people carry to only draw and shoot when necessary, never to present the weapon as a warning. That part has nothing to do with a chambered or unchambered round. And whether this strategy is of any use or not is determined by how fucked and liberal your local justice system is.
>What this does have to do with chambered vs unchambered: if you are one of those people, you are only drawing when you or someone else is in immediate danger of grave bodily harm. Time to rack the slide is a luxury at that point.
This is me totally that you are describing. I'd just like to ad that it isn't only time. Maybe you are in a scuffle and may only have one hand to draw and shoot with? That's the primary reason I wouldn't carry with an empty chamber, because you may be using your other hand to hold someone back or block a punch.

Drawing to scare people off is something that I would never do because of the reasons you describe. If I draw, it's because I think I may seriously be about to have to shoot you and I'm going to call the cops immediately. Why? Because I'm going to be the first one to set their mindset in how they approach the situation rather than some dindu witness that wants to blame me for something.
Now if I draw and it deescalates the situation and they run, that was a smart choice on their part.
>>
>>29699515
>day/k/are
I see you're new
>>
>>29702712
>hey do we care if there's a butterfly on your gun?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29702726
>don't have much experience with guns and it shows.

No. I'm not an idiot. That's all.

I've been shooting guns since I was 12. Was infantry in the military for 4 years, and have owned a collection of 12+ firearms for the last 6 years.

I was taught and practice proper firearm safety, ergo I've never ND'd. Though my friend ND'd his 1911 into one of my tables.
>>
Last night was the closest i been to an ND
> be me sick as fuck, had to go home early from work because i was puking.
> I'm shagging the assistant manager so she goes over after shes out to "check on me"
> I'm laying in bed with the ol' 870 laying next to me
> she comes in and sees it and tells me i shouldn't be around my firearms while I'm in not the greatest state of mind
> I tell her shes right and i pick it up and slide it in to its usualy spot (between the wall and bed)
> the sling gets in the way and i push it backward and i hear a "click"
> i almos shit myself when i realize what just happened.
I always keep magazine tube full but chamber empty, but it still scared the shit out of me knowing i couldve easily forgotten to clear the chamber.
Yes there was a happy ending, i got to shag my assistant manager
>>
File: 1430572795912.png (573 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
1430572795912.png
573 KB, 640x458
>>29702726
Did you just imply that experience gun owners ND?

Get the fuck off of /k/ and ND into your goddamn head you moron.
>>
>>29702988
90% of defensive draws don't require you to shoot the aggressor. Are you gonna fucking shoot him anyway out of your autistic, failed-to-develop brain's way of saying "HE HAD IT COMMIN OR I WOULDNA DRONN ON HIM!"?

And then you have the fuggin' gall to say that juries will condemn people for pulling a gun out to defend themselves more often than they'll condemn you for shooting him in the back?

Holy fuck, you're a piece of work. Get real, you dumb fucker. Out of the 1,000 defensive uses of guns in the US every day, fewer than ONE is declared a justifiable homicide.

999:1 -- you didn't need to kill the guy and you're not going to prison for brandishing.

Does that even register with you? Can your ape brain even comprehend numbers above 21?
>>
>>29702726
>these people don't have much experience with guns and it shows.
Mate. You broke all four rules. You shot your TV.
>>
File: IMG_20160422_190501.jpg (593 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160422_190501.jpg
593 KB, 1600x1200
>>29698871
:^)
>>
>>29703084
I'm a navy delta beret seal personally.
>>
>>29703201
It wasn't a brag, you stupid nigger. I was just demonstrating that I'm not "inexperienced with guns".
>>
>>29703197
>plastic sights still on

please nd into your femoral artery
>>
>>29703128
It's a known fact among police that their SWAT teams have the highest ND rate. No that doesn't mean they ND regularly but that ND's happen and they happen more frequently proportionally to how often you're fucking around with guns, not inversely.
>>
>>29703250
Kek. Yeah I dunno. You have to be inept as fuck to ND.
>>
>>29703250
Shut the fuck up.

>Durr you must not handle guns often because you don't ND!!!

Kill yourself.

Just....kill yourself.
>>
>>29703250
>SWAT teams have the nightest ND rate
I thought it was New England cops that keep NDing into unarmed black teenagers
>>
ITT: Stupid worthless pieces of shit try to justify why they NDd when they should just sell all of their firearms and slit their wrists
>>
>>29703226
I'm literally driving to go put on my Trijicon night sights as we speak
>>
>>29698879
Stupidity runs in the family.
>>
>>29702439
I thought butterfly knives were EXTREMELY deployable, like their gimmick was that you could whip them out really quickly. Has Hollywood misled me again?
>>
>>29703302
okay but still shoot yourself in the artery okay
>>
>>29703133
>Are you gonna fucking shoot him anyway out of your autistic, failed-to-develop brain's way of saying "HE HAD IT COMMIN OR I WOULDNA DRONN ON HIM!"?

He didn't even remotely imply that. How fast are you not reading these posts?

>And then you have the fuggin' gall to say that juries will condemn people for pulling a gun out to defend themselves more often than they'll condemn you for shooting him in the back?

He didn't say these things either.

Stop posting with an empty chamber
>>
>>29703375

>fixed knife
>pull and shank
>folder
>*FWIP*
>butterfly knife
>"shit it flew out of my hands because I'm a retard hold on"
>>
>>29703250
I want to see a pie graph break down of that

I wouldn't even try squad cqb until I had mastered trigger discipline and manual safety manipulation
>>
No.

My dumbass friends ND'd my SKS into the roof of the shooting range and then tried to call it a slamfire, but I knew better.
>>
People thinking "I'm not an idiot!" and "I know how to handle guns, my pappy taught me good!" is just asking for a ND. The more you think your above it the more you put yourself at risk until one day you find yourself saying "I know it's not loaded" and blow a hole in your own TV.
>>
>>29703435
>I wouldn't even try squad cqb until I had mastered trigger discipline and manual safety manipulation
That's not when they happen, they happen when they're bored, cleaning or generally fucking around.
>>
>>29703406
You need to lern 2 read, friend.

He's literally bitching that "chambering a round" is what's going to get you in hot water, legally, when you draw on someone and shoot them in the head.
>>
>>29703450
Nice try, faggot.
You're the same fucker that posted above talking about how people who haven't NDd are inexperience with guns.

I've literally never said "I know it's not loaded". I check every fucking time because, again, I'm not a fucking retard like you apparentley are.
>>
>>29703250
I have 50+ firearms I don't fucking now, I fingerfuck and shoot my guns multiple times a week for over a decade now and never had a ND. You are a drooling mongoloid and it shows
>>
>>29703462
>You need to lern 2 read, friend.
You 2 are talking about the thing I posted.
You are wrong.
He is right.
>>
>>29703477
You don't have guns now.
Shut up.
>>
>>29703375
A fixed blade is best, a reliable switch blade is fine but not ideal. The biggest obstacle to deploying those knives is getting them out of your pocket.

But with butterfly knives you have to do yoyo tricks while a guy possibly has his hands on you and/or your are on the ground. Also if you pulled the knife out the wrong way it's even more fucked.

I'd take a butterfly knife over a regular fold-out knife that requires two hands, especially ones that need your fingernail. But even those have improved. Some have light enough tension to open with a flick after a button press. But again, dogshit reliability if you are under attack.
>>
>>29703469
Except I'm not. You notice that little number next to "Posters"? Try watching that if you want to accuse people.

I've never had a ND. Just means I've maintained proper handling so far, not that I'm immune for the future.
>>
>>29703462
>He's literally bitching that "chambering a round" is what's going to get you in hot water, legally, when you draw on someone and shoot them in the head.

You're talking about me, not him. And I explicitly re-explained that I was not saying this.

You are making non-retarded condition 3 carriers look bad.
>>
Anyone got the video of Travis Haley nd'ing the ak?
or where that one /k/ommando nd'd his 1911 into a crowd of black lives matter protestors?
>>
>>29703250
>If you do it long enough you will mess it up because I have
At an old job of mine two other fatass co-workers formed a fat club and insisted I didn't have life experience because I wasn't 100+ lbs overweight. If you ND at a range into nothing or ND into the ground, fine, but if it ended up hitting something of value, YOU have fucked up.
>>
>>29703459
Oh

Well those that say "experienced users who have spent more time with guns have more ND's, not less" are correct. But the statement is misleading. It implies that NDs are an inevitable result of time spent with guns, when in reality they are only an inevitable result of brief stupidity or boredom, which experienced users are just as susceptible too.
>>
>>29698398
Nope but that's because so far I have made it a point to follow the rules and exercise common sense when handling my firearms.
>>
>>29698398
soft holster = retarded
>>
>>29703574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs83TE7HJrY

Honestly it was only an ND because he knew the method was unsafe. If he was less knowledgeable, it wouldn't have been negligence, just an act of static friction and potential energy.

He was using a loaded gun because he was going to speed test all 3 safety methods with live fire right after. But he should've had the safety on for this segment because that's what you do when you aren't sighting the weapon.

I also think that method would be safe with grip tape, just not safe enough to replace a manual safety.
>>
File: 1450681674410.png (104 KB, 381x324) Image search: [Google]
1450681674410.png
104 KB, 381x324
NO. I'VE NEVER FUCKING NEGLIGENTLY DISCHARGED ONE OF MY FIREARMS. AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE I'M INEXPERIENCED YOU BUFFOONS. IT'S BECAUSE I FOLLOW TWO LITTLE WEAPONS SAFETY RULES. LET ME SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE SO THAT THOSE OF YOU "EXPERIENCED" GUN OWNERS WHO HAVE ND'D CAN STOP BEING LITERAL BRAIN-DEAD CUNTS.

1. TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WERE LOADED.

2. KEEP YOUR FINGER STRAIGHT AND OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.

IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE. SO PLEASE STOP THE INCESSANT DEFENSE OF "OH, I ONLY ND'D BECAUSE IT'S INEVITABLE"

IF THAT IS YOUR MENTALITY THEN YOU NEED TO SERIOUSLY SELL ALL OF YOUR GUNS.
>>
>>29703590
Okay, that is what I meant.
>>
>>29703004
But that's not new at all.
>>
>>29703489
>now
You got me there. Now I know what a monumental fucking idiot you actually are
>>
>>29704006
You nd'd your word.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2urjEixqrzM

Oldie but goodie
>>
File: 1432176724388.png (162 KB, 630x636) Image search: [Google]
1432176724388.png
162 KB, 630x636
>>29702726
>>29703250
>this guy is trying his damndest to convince himself he's not a complete shitter for ND'ing
>b-buh I handle guns all the time! It was bound to happen!
Yer gahbage m8
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AkKiLaxXjAA

Negligent but not accidental
>>
File: 1461293282032.jpg (26 KB, 222x327) Image search: [Google]
1461293282032.jpg
26 KB, 222x327
>>29702726
useless.
fucking.
idiot.
>>
File: IMG_5024.jpg (68 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5024.jpg
68 KB, 533x800
>>29702439
Hence why balisong laws are fucking autistic.

pic related
>>
>>29703450
>People thinking "I'm not an idiot!" and "I know how to handle guns, my pappy taught me good!" is just asking for a ND.

100x this.

The step right after is "people who have NDs are idiots"

is

"I'm not an idiot so I don't need to check this time"
>>
>>29704311
No. It's not.
>>
>>29704311

Aviation went through this, as an industry.

If you just dismiss the accident as a result of the pilot that erred being an idiot, you don't learn anything about how the accident happened.

Human factors, crew resource management.
>>
>>29699515
>bitches about day/k/are
>posts during day/k/are

also that term is stupid and you should feel stupid
>>
>>29704311

so you're an idiot?

not all of us were introduced to guns by call of duty and bought his first firearm when he was 32 years old, you know.
>>
>>29704370

Militant ignorance, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>29704398

How many ND's have you had?
>>
File: travishND.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
travishND.webm
2 MB, 640x640
no I just forget my earpro sometimes
>>
>>29704412

One.

Went to make sure a firearm was clear, pulled slide back to check chamber, released slide, pointed gun in safe direction and pulled trigger to drop hammer, unexpected pop.
>>
>>29704455

so you're a fucking idiot, in other words.

did you kill or maim anyone, you thoughtless piece of shit? people like you should literally be killed, I am so fucking tired of fuckheads like you running around, randomly murdering people "on accident" and then going on the internet to be like "if you aren't as dumb as me then you are EXTRA STUPID!!11"
>>
>>29704466

What a concise argument, what blinding logic.

No one got hurt, we were out shooting in the woods.

The difference between you and I is that I'm capable of looking at the situation objectively and learning from it, you just REEEEE out and start hurling invective.
>>
>>29704466
This discussion captures every ND thread on this board, perfectly.
>>
>>29704455

Blind people shouldn't be operating firearms, anon.
>>
>>29704466
Nah man, he cleared the chamber
>>
>>29704555
>cleared the chamber

Not the anon you're replying to, but he obviously didn't clear the chamber or he wouldn't have ND'd. Use your head, man.
>>
>>29698398

I had an AD once

>shooting with m8 and his dad
>his dad has an old bolt action .22lr rifle
>like 40 years old
>hands it to me
>rack da bolt
>load a round in to the chamber
>left handed so left hand is on the pistol grip but my finger is out and behind the trigger guard
>close bolt
>gun discharges
>shit bricks
>friends dad freaked out
>asked why wasn't it on safe
>I don't believe in safeties but that's besides the point, the gun discharged with out pulling the trigger the safety wouldn't of done anything
>take out bolt
>striker was rusted so bad it was stuck protruding out of the bolt face
>>
>>29704481
BOOMKREEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29704455

You looked for a loaded chamber and saw a loaded chamber and said it was safe

You always look for an empty chamber.
>>
>SMG shooting
>switch to auto
>pulling the trigger does nothing
>switch back to semi
>ND

The direction was safe of course.
>>
>>29702207
I don't let anyone handle my guns without first verifying them, and the only other people who will ever have extra keys to my flat are my parents.
>>
>at range with 10/22
>think it's empty
>put it at my hip and squeeze the trigger
>a round unexpectedly but safely goes downrange
I don't know if it totally counts as an ND, but it spooked me.
>>
>>29705051
Yeah, you shouldn't check that it's empty by pulling the trigger
>>
ND's happen and it's perfectly normal.
>>
>>29705412
This, on my 7th nd this year. Shit happens
>mfw safety nazis are also the same people who flip shit whey they see a tiny scratch on their bumper
>>
>>29703219
is that what your picture is showing??
>>
>>29699495
>grey suit
>black fedora
Someone doesn't dress himself.
>>
>>29698398
No you stupid faggot. I practice good trigger discipline at all ti-
BANG!
FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! MY FOOOT!
>>
>>29705412
>>29705991
No it's not normal you fucking idiots. Anyone who ND's should seriously reevaluate whether they should own a gun or not.

>implying you're not trolling

6/10 I'm pretty mad
>>
>>29704481
>no one got hurt
jesus christ get off your high horse and accept that you fucked up
>>
>>29706315
... what?
>>
>>29698398
once while dry-firing

but fault is debatable for reasons.
>>
>it's perfectly normal to accidentally kill yourself or someone else
>>
yea accidentally shot my gun off in my car when I was drunk. Didn't hurt anyone thankfully
>>
Yes, unfortunately I ND'd once while trying to flip guns like Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid.

No big deal. I shot through my couch and into the floor. Stitched that bad boy up before my mom and dad got home. They never knew it happened.
>>
>>29698398

Nah, but a buddy in basic did.

>End of long-ass FTX, chilling innawoods waiting to march back.
>Five privates, sitting in the bushes.
>We've got our BFA's off because all the ammo's gone.
>Supposedly.
>Hear fuckloud bang, think grenade sim or something.
>See one private, rolling around on the ground hands over face.
>Other private staring dumbfounded at his smoking M4.

Guy had a blank in the chamber, other guy got a face full of burnt powder and hate.

>Dude was fine, thank god nobody else heard and the DS tent like five meters away was empty.
>>
File: REAR-1_phatchfinal.jpg (87 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
REAR-1_phatchfinal.jpg
87 KB, 600x400
>if only there were some sort of device that rendered the firearm's trigger inoperable!

>imagine, as well, that one were taught to instinctively disable this device while drawing the firearm, and re-engage it before holstering!
>>
No. They are shockingly easy to avoid
>>
File: 1457587739362.jpg (46 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1457587739362.jpg
46 KB, 600x703
>>29698398
>Glock trigger safety
>>
I legitimately don't see how people can have NDs.

I'm a fucking dumbass and I've managed to avoid ever having one. It is literally as easy as taking the 2 seconds to safety check a firearm and keeping your finger off the trigger.
>>
>>29698398
Never had a ND, every one of my guns have a safety which I use unless the situation calls for it to be off.
>>29698586
>>>/v/
>>
>>29704311
No, it's not checking that MAKES you an idiot

idiot
>>
>>29698398
I've fired close to 100,000 rounds through dozens of different firearms, grew up in a house with 200 some guns in it, kept a gun in the dorms, sleep next to one now...

...never had one single ND. You know why? Because I'm not a retard with guns, I ALWAYS check to see if a gun is loaded when I take it into my possession, I actually practice trigger discipline, and I'm not fucking stupid.

If you're not really fucking stupid, it's actually pretty easy to never ND.
>>
>>29709234
oh yeah -- and I keep the safety on unless ready to fire. Also not hard.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.