[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Stupid shit we did after we got home from deployments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: sandbaggingk.jpg (96 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
sandbaggingk.jpg
96 KB, 900x720
ITT: Stupid shit we did after we got home from deployments

>23
>Family, no girlfriend at the time
>Back to living in my moms basement, but I had some guns
>and more guns, also wasn't 15 and chubby anymore
>Have great idea
>3am, get shovel and empty sandbags that I had
>fill them up around our house, it's 7am now
>my dad sees me sandbagging around our house, he loses his shit
>we still talk about it this day, i dont know why i was sandbagging either.
>>
>>29598213
Why did you have sandbags in your house in the first place?
>>
>>29598213
Oooooooooooooooooooook
>>
>>29598239
Do you not?
>>
>>29598255
N-no
>>
File: 2CAzyb2.jpg (31 KB, 598x593) Image search: [Google]
2CAzyb2.jpg
31 KB, 598x593
>>29598213
>>
Not invest all my deployment money into an IRA
>>
>>29598258
Well you should.
>>
>>29598276
Which ones do you recommend?
>>
>>29598288
The ones that hold sand.
>>
>>29598213
you know how they say to put sandbags and shit up in case of flooding?
well I live in a floodzone, and my neighbor didn't get that memo too well.
he used bags of fucking concrete to fortify his house and basement.
he filled his basement and house with concrete.
>>
>>29598239
Why would you not have bags around?
>>
>>29598258
mediocre.
>>
File: d8pB6hl.jpg (49 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
d8pB6hl.jpg
49 KB, 500x313
>>29598255
>>29598309

Pic related
>>
>>29598274
wtf why you post that retard
>>
>>29598213
Mind sharing some deployment stories?
>p-pls
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (370 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
370 KB, 2100x1500
>>29598213
>>
File: 1441688538063.png (35 KB, 642x432) Image search: [Google]
1441688538063.png
35 KB, 642x432
>>29598213
> dat conditioning
Damn
>>
>>29598561

What?
>>
I got back on from one of my deployments on like, July 1.

>In garage.
>Big firework goes off, without a "pewwww" warning sound.
>Spin around and try to draw my pistol that I wasn't wearing.

Felt like a real asshole. Only time ever did anything like that. However, to this day my wife announces herself when she's entering a room.
>>
>>29598561
Conditioning?
>>
>>29598614
he conditioned his hair not many men do it so its not normal
>>
>>29598288

Sahara's Best brand sandbags.

The only sandbag guaranteed to stop a nog or your money back.
>>
>be me
>come home from Iraq
>drink heavily
>neighbor has dog that he leaves outside all night in cold
>dog barks all night non stop loud as fuck
>how it doesn't bother him I don't know
>politely talk to neighbor twice about it
>says it won't happen again
>dogbarkingloudasfuck.mp3
>dogs barking meant hadji is coming in the wire
>grab pistol and whiskey and go outside
>pretty suicidal at this point in my life
>proceed to have mental break down in my front yard at 3am
>yelling very loud, can't remember what I said
>out there for about an hour
>neighbor comes outside visibly shaken and hurries dog inside while I'm on my property line screaming at the top of my lungs at him
>surprised no one called the cops
>next night dog barks loud as fuck again
>call the sheriff he goes and visits and tell them to shut their dog up and stop leaving it out in cold all night
>sheriff said he got calls about me the night before
>sheriff is Vietnam veteran
>knew I just got back from Iraq
>tfw I never heard that dog bark again
>>
>>29598260
Is it a good idea to keep a gun in your shower?
>>
File: bane kind of feel.jpg (92 KB, 900x710) Image search: [Google]
bane kind of feel.jpg
92 KB, 900x710
>>29598213
>mfw I can find Hescos to fill anywhere
>>
>>29599750
good sheriff.
also surprised you didn't go atf on that dog.
some people just shouldn't own animals.
>>
>>29599762
Google "gabion"

They sell those for landscaping.

Might not be the same though.
>>
>>29598340
haha! Nice meme, bro!

So epic

Epic for the win!
>>
>>29598561
Life is about conditioning anon. We learn it in school as kindergartners, as we go to college, or the military, or in our jobs. We develop muscle memory and basic ideas.

I now operate off either 4 hours of sleep, or 20 hours of sleep. There is no inbetween.

I dont care about food, other than eating it. Food is something that you do to keep alive.

I dont care about much of anything else that I did before. Its trivial.

I post here because its part of routine, and I am waiting until I find something more fulfilling.

I act normal for my friends and family, but my wife knows im kind of empty now.

I still think about Afghanistan. a lot. I miss it.

Funny story about conditioning though

>Outside by a half wall at a parking lot with a friend. Loud bang near me, something hits the ground near us. Hit the ground and drag buddy to ground with me. He is so shocked he just lays there with me for about a good 5-10 seconds before looking over me, face in the gravel, back firmly pressed into the cinderblock. I am laying pressed on top of him for the most part.
"What the fuck anon? Seriously. What the fuck?"
>I look back at him and smile.
"Its what you do for a friend....No homo."
>My friend is still cool with me and does not judge my new outlook on life.

part two.
>driving with wife and daughter shortly post deployment. See a backpack on the side of the road. Get allllll the fucking way over and go around it quickly before I realize it is not anything other than a backpack.
>>
>>29599994
I got cold chills driving over potholes and near trash for a year after I got back from Iraq.
>>
File: shower gun.jpg (53 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
shower gun.jpg
53 KB, 600x800
>>29599758
you don't have a shower gun?
>>
>>29599994
>I still think about Afghanistan. a lot. I miss it.
What do you miss?
>When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer.
>>
>>29599994
nigga that's not conditioning, that's post-traumatic stress disorder. [spoiler] which, to be fair, is just conditioning
>>
>>29600081
Different anon here, but for me I missed the sunsets. Always enjoyed the way they crested the mountains in the distance.

Other parts are harder to describe. Sense of adventure? I don't know, sounds weird considering I was a mechanic that rarely left the base but, it was different than sitting back in the states where the leading cause of KIAs was drunk drivers.

I could say more but it probably sounds retarded coming from a POG.
>>
>>29599785
Where I live wen a dog is too loud some redneck jumps into the yard puts it in a bag and jumps back out. Those poor dogs..
>>
>>29599994
How do you know it's just a backpack anon?

It could be a bomb made by 'refugees' looking to kill people on the roadway.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your behavior, we live in a dangerous country.
>>
File: 1453990165905.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1453990165905.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>29598308
holy fucking shit that's the best thing I've heard in a while
11/10 will kek randomly whenever that image pops into my head
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 800x1067
>>29599758
>not having a shower gun
Fucking day/k/are
>>
File: 1448256701735.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1448256701735.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>29598308
>he used bags of fucking concrete to fortify his house and basement.
>he filled his basement and house with concrete.
>>
>>29600081
>>29600238
Sunsets, sunrises walking around at night, the sky. The orange glow of the burnpits at night. CRAM tracer fire going into the sky. Not getting killed by mortars but watching the dirt and dust dance from the impact. Tracer fire in general. Knowing you have function. Life was simple. Feeling pent up for most of life, and having a moral compass so you never want to hurt anyone, and finally having an enemy to direct yourself towards, and being thankful for them in a fucked up way. Knowing that while you disagree with that fucker 100%, as they try to kill you, and you try to kill them, that there is at least a fucked up common ground. Meeting strange people for a moment, and then they are gone. Feeling...something. The weight of my boots, the weight of my uniform and gun. The smell of it all.

Ever feel a shockwave pass through your body, walk away and have a nosebleed a bit later?

I dont know man. Regular life sucks. My life was kinda shitty before this, most of my family was killed off early as I grew up. The only reason why I havent taken a civilian deployment is because of my wife and kid.
>>29600209
I tried to Demil myself, didnt work. It is not so much that I feel broken, but there is a loss of innocence after deployment, not in a feely way. But you open a door, and see a new side of life, and you cant close it. You can be like some of the other veterans at VA groups or whatever, and pretend that you are ignoring it, or moved past it, but the moment you start to talk about it, they switch back, every single one of them.

Its weird, but there is a big difference between the OIF/ OEF veterans, and the Gulf war 1 vets, as much as there is a difference between them and the Vietnam vets, and so on.
>>
>>29600370
>>29600238
feelsbadman....I enlisted recently, and now there's like no chance of deployments..
>>
File: 1400628709937.jpg (110 KB, 724x844) Image search: [Google]
1400628709937.jpg
110 KB, 724x844
>>29600370

>be a civilian
>realize there are people like this all over the country, all around you, with a completely different perspective on life because they've lived in a way you can't even begin to imagine, and you'll never know who they are unless you get close to them
>>
>>29600370
TIL that veterans just need a hug and someone to talk to.
>>
File: sinba-palm-oil-20L.jpg (9 KB, 323x373) Image search: [Google]
sinba-palm-oil-20L.jpg
9 KB, 323x373
>>29600034
>When you live your entire pre-afghanistan existence without ever seeing a YPOC and 2 days after you get home some asshole has left one by the side of the road.
>>
>>29600081
did... You just quote apocalypse now?
>>
File: feelselfie.jpg (6 KB, 209x250) Image search: [Google]
feelselfie.jpg
6 KB, 209x250
>>29600416
>tfw could have enlisted but took the advice not to because it would be shit and suck
>it probably would have
>but i still regret not doing it
>>
>>29600486
civie here, what's a YPOC and how can I not be that asshole putting ied-like shit out by my garbage and triggering episodes?
>>
>>29600516

I assume it's the yellow can in the pic because I see those fuckers all the time in ArmA but never IRL and could imagine being a little concerned if I started seeing them littering my local streets like it's the middle of Takistan.
>>
File: 1020826.jpg (493 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1020826.jpg
493 KB, 1200x900
>>29600516
Yellow Palm Oil Container.
Outside of restaurants that use a heap of palm oil you'll almost never see them, which is why in the middle of suburban Ausfailia I broke into a sweat seeing one.

They are very common in Afghan and a popular choice for filling with your main charge.
>>
>>29600574
aw fuck, I have a skidsteer so I have a bunch of similar looking jerry cans with diesel in them.
and sometimes when I'm working on shit I leave them out so I can fill up easier.
sorry veterananon down the street, I didn't know.
>>
>>29600516
You are fine man. We will deal. Its just random shit like when it ends up as accidental litter or something on a major highway. I also dont give a fuck.
>>
>>29600516
yellow palm oil container. stick to olive oil, it's better.

don't police your trash for vets, police your trash to keep the streets clean and pleasant. buddy will get over it. If he can be conditioned to fear trash, he can be conditioned to not fear trash.
>>
>>29600635
>>29600640
thanks guys.
I'm this dude btw >>29600609
I'm not gonna police my garbage with a fine tooth comb, but it's good to know.
kinda like asking if fireworks are cool with him before the 4th, shit like that.
>>
I'm deploying to Afghanistan pretty soon. I'm security forces in the air force, what are the chances il get some stories out of the place? I just want to feel like I haven't wasted the last few years of my life, I'm hoping this deployment gives me something.
>>
File: 1460572406252.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460572406252.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
be me in Iraq
1st lt tells me dude I know your wife = slut I know her.
me , sir I just met you ?
4 star / me what you do = go home fuck wife.
2 years latter after honorable dis = 1 kid mine 1 kid other then mine.
I got off my death bed for this shame.
kill me from space with lazor please .
>>
Did anyone else beat the shit out of their wives/girlfriends in their sleep?

I know it's not that uncommon but I didn't see or do anything traumatic and I wonder if this happened to anyone else who /POG/
>>
>>29598213
Do you need to see a therapist about this?
>>
>>29600640
> he can be conditioned to not fear trash.
Not a chance, that's when the trash would strike again
>>
>>29600717
Last time I was in Afghanistan security forces had gotten fired from doing security for BAF. So I don't know if you'll do anything worth while.
>>
>>29598262
Fucking this.
>>
>>29600717
Anon, I am empty guy. Here is my advice to you. Be proactive, volunteer, and dont be stupid/ overly eager. You cant share experiences if you are dead. I was also Airforce, but got pulled into TCN duty/ security forces agumentee.

Patrol, if you ever get the chance to assist the army outside the wire, go for it.

two things, serious face.
1>dont get separated from your group, if you are, return to base, and evade as needed.
2>there are no friendly afghanis when you are on your own. Do not trust them when you are on your own or isolated. You have a monetary value, and they are still desperate. There are dead people who I was deployed with that are examples of this.
3>Always wear your fucking IR patch/ flasher. It is what keeps drones from murdering you.
>>
>>29600734
...but who was phone?
>>
>>29600574
>>29600486
It's funny, we were told that those got used for IEDs all the time. Then we go out on convoy and 2/3 of all the jugs we see are those exact ones. They don't just get used for IEDs, Afghans use them for fucking everything.
>>
>>29600370
>Not getting killed by mortars but watching the dirt and dust dance from the impact.

Yeah. That was something memorable. First time we got mortared was the closest though it was still at least a hundred yards from me so I'm not going to pretend I was in danger in that moment. I was riding along in the Gator (gas powered go kart) checking on generators and the mortars came in. The IDF (Indirect Fire) alarm started going off and we whipped back around to go back to the compound cause my buddy was on QRF (Quick Reaction Force) in case it was another ground attack like 3 months prior.

That was probably the most memorable day for out of the 5 years. I was that POG that was resentful I didn't wait for an Infantry slot to open and went Mechanic instead. So when the mortars came in and the alarms went off I finally felt alive. We got back to the squadron and grabbed our gear. (Flak, Kevlar, etc already had our rifles). My buddy ran off to find his QRF team and I went to the bunker with the others.

A Gunny ran over to us and asked for 2 volunteers to set up a perimeter. IDF alarms were first and if it was a ground attack a secondary alarm would sound so we were setting up just in case. Before anyone could say anything I jumped in front and called "Dibs!" and sprinted out of the bunker. They other guy was an Armorer so we followed the Gunny over to the Triwalls (concrete barriers) by the run way and knelt down. So the Gunny yells at us "The Mustangs (other squadron) are to your right. There's no one to your left for 300 yds so watch it!." And runs off.

Anti-climatic ending, coming. So the Armorer looks and me says "One of two alarms is going to go off next either the ground alarm that means we got Insurgents in the wire so we gotta run to the armory and setup the 240 on the Conex boxes or....." Another alarm goes off and we're ready to run then "All clear! All Clear!" Sounds and the Armorer says "...or it's the all clear."
>>
>>29600398
>feelsbadman....I enlisted recently, and now there's like no chance of deployments..

Yeah, that's part of why I didn't reenlist. Peace time military is like spending the entire time preparing for a big party you might not even get to attend.

>>29601072
And that's my one "War Story." Didn't shoot anyone or get shot at, indirect fire excluded. But at least I didn't piss myself or start crying or some shit either.
>>
Empty guy checking in
Life is bland and Grey afterwards
Left something there
/shrug
>>
>>29601327
Dude,seriously email me.

[email protected]
>>
>>29599994
>I still think about Afghanistan. a lot. I miss it.
jesus fuck, are you me?
>>
>>29598213
"Stupid shit we did after we got home from deployments"

>3 years later and I'm sitting in a thread at 1am hitting refresh repeatedly waiting to hear more stories I can relate to
>>
I wish I could have joined and had a chance of deploying.

I don't know why but since I can remember everything just feels so bland. I don't have any goals or desires or wants. I'm not happy but I'm not sad either. I just am.

Maybe being in combat would make things different.
>>
>>29600872
>3 Always wear your fucking IR patch/ flasher. It is what keeps drones from murdering you.
so it flashes on IR for the drones to get them to fuck off?
neat shit.
>>
File: Goodbye Sweetie.jpg (25 KB, 466x306) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye Sweetie.jpg
25 KB, 466x306
>>29600507

>wanted to join the British Army
>came of age during Afghan and Iraq
>short sighted, turned down
>left directionless
>life didn't go so great after that
>now I'm too old, hearing impaired and have a criminal record, so it'll never happen
>mfw I read about the experiences of others and wonder what could have been
>if only I had a better set of eyes
>>
>>29601327
more than one empty I suspect, but that one is not me. Though this empty sounds just like what I feel.
I am this one
>>29600872
>>29600635
>>29600370
>>29599994

>>29601379
You are a good dude. don't stop good duding. I dont know If I'll contact, but I am not a suicide risk if you are worried.

>>29601417
No. Its been over five years now. 2010 5/19, Bagram, and the nights that followed.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf3_1370431983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7LnL_VzlZo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heLuUd0VK2s

Its sort of beautiful. These aren't my videos.
>>
>>29601649
Its all good. I am doing the same thing.
>>
>>29601650
I know that feel.
>born preemie
>asthma like fuck
>anxiety which I'm on meds for now
>fucked up shoulder doing some construction
>been trying to de-fatbody myself to no avail
>still want to join the army because at least it will give me purpose in life to some degree
>too scared to go see a recruiter because I figure that I will just be told "lol no you're fucked", or worse, be one of those dudes who can't make it past basic.
life is cruel.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 125x110) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 125x110
>>29598308
>>
>>29601650
>young
>fit
>prime of life
>love firearms, rather good with them
>would be perfectly suited to military

>short sighted
>cannot fucking stand blood or needles

Hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>29601770
I can't stand needles either friend, and I'm on prozac for anxiety so I'm fucked.
unless the military has some kind of meds call or some shit where they give you your anti-pyle pills
>>
>>29601780
If it was just needles I think I'd be alright, but the issue of
>in combat
>buddy gets shot
>I pass out
rules me out unfortunately.
>>
>>29601676
I didn't think I'd ever not feel a rush with the incoming siren and CRAM going off, but I guess it's been long enough for that to fade

>>29601611
It'd probably still be bland after. Just look at the other posts here saying exactly that.

I think everything's just always been grey/empty/bland for me, personally. Deployment just enforced my lack of fucks to give. Girlfriend and close friends have both said I don't look happy any more or that I lost some kind of happiness in my eyes over time, through pictures and stuff while gone. I think I feel the same as before anyway, though.

Oh shit, I thought I didn't have anything to contribute, but I have minor things I guess. For like the first month back I thought a lot of random sounds were IDF or machine guns. I've thought that trashcans rolling out to the curb have been machine gun fire.

I also drove on a section of highway that I swear looks exactly like this one section in Afghanistan. On the way to Ghazni from Shank, there are blast holes in the road all around when it turns to dirt, and this one specific spot has rock piles set up as sights with a blast hole right next to it. It's a winding section going up a hill, and you can see the marker next to the road and another marker way out on another hill where a person would have been. I was on my way through northern California and the road was so similar I started to freak the fuck out in my car. Just shaking, rapid breathing, felt like my heart was going to explode. As mild as that is, it's thankfully the worst I've had.
>>
>>29601780

>out in the middle of nowhere
>Pvt Pyle runs out of happy pills
>the pressure gets to him and he becomes upset
>turns his weapon on himself
>or his comrades
>or decides that raping and/or killing some civilians would be fun

Not saying that these are guranteed outcomes, but it's best for everyone to keep Mr Pyle on civvie street where he can reliably get the help he needs
>>
>>29601827
personally I'm concerned that I'd flip out during processing when they give you all those shots in a few days.
>>
>>29601379
Good to see you still kicking about creep.
>>
>>29600238
> I missed the sunsets. Always enjoyed the way they crested the mountains in the distance.

Sheeeeeit, me too. To me the whole harsh landscape of A-stan was a special kind of beautiful. That land is definetly beautiful, if you forget about the war.
>>
>>29601947
come here to NM, it's like a-stan but with less jihad and more chili.
>>
>>29599994
I feel the same way anon
>>
>>29601650
Try out for the French foreign legion, if you pass the tests, they will not give a fuck about your ears or age.

And you will get a chance to deploy in Africa.
>>
What is a recommended branch/position for someone relatively fit, American, hoping to serve?
>>
>>29599994
>Frank Castle waiting to happen

Seriously though, I empathize. And somehow I feel like I wish I had joined up and knew. I feel some of those ways at times, but nothing close to the way you'd have it.
>>
>>29598239
>Current year
>Not having sandbags at home
>>
>>29601979
They literally stopped operations in Mali like 2 weeks ago
>>
>>29598239
I bet you don't even have puni stakes in your yard
>>
>>29600416
>I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
>I've seen C-beams glitter off the shoulder of Orion...
>I've seen transports on fire off the Tannhauser Gate...
>All these memories will be lost... in time... like... tear drops in rain...
>time... to die.
>>
>>29601979
>>29602083
Great article on the FFL:
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/12/french-foreign-legion-expendables
>>
>>29602089
>>I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
>>I've seen CRAMs glitter off the afghan night...
>>I've seen transports on fire off the MSR...
>>All these memories will be lost... in time... like... tear drops in rain...
>>time... to die.
>>
>>29600416
>tfw not even 20 yet
>tfw in perfect condition, no criminal history
>tfw want to enlist but too afraid of responsibility

Motivate me /k/
>>
I hope this does some good.

When I was a kid, I used to hang out at the local VA hall because I worshiped the men in it. And I heard the WW2 guys talking to the Vietnam guys, telling them hey, nobody understands. You have all these weird survival instincts now, and everybody else thinks you're some kind of killer when all you are is alarmed and unhappy. And if you try to come back and pick up where you left off, you'll crawl into a bottle and die.

Go camping, they said. It's like boot camp in reverse. No drugs, no likker, just beer and books and a lotta food and fuck off and go fishing somewhere for a few weeks. Come back to the world at your own pace. And when you get there, keep coming down here. We understand the problems. Keep talking.

I have not served and most of those men are dead of old age. All I can do is pass it on.

ITT: People who need to go camping.

Try it. It seemed to work.
>>
>>29602179

That sounds so shitty.

Time to check the requirements.
>>
>>29601649
the IR tells the drone operator "this fucker is one of ours" because our current bad guys don't run around with strobes or IR reflective items

if we get in a war with someone who also uses things like NVG/IR/drones expect all that stuff to disappear fast obviously
>>
File: timetodie.jpg (20 KB, 494x143) Image search: [Google]
timetodie.jpg
20 KB, 494x143
>>29602239
beautiful.
>>
>>29602469
Yeah, sounds like hell. So does sitting here staring at a computer screen for the rest of my life.
>>
>>29599750
>>29599785
What is the PTSD generally about? Do people who don't really see messed up stuff get it as well?
>>
>>29601715
>I know that feel.
>>born preemie
>>asthma like fuck

holy fuck are you me. month and a half prem here. lungs never properly developed,so respiratory problems including asthma my whole life. weren't enough incubators in the hospital so they wrapped me up and stuck me in a heated room

>>29602271
fucking go for it dude. can't be worse than sitting around on 4chan all night
>>
>>29602866
War in general is a very high stress environment. Like a lot of these anons in the thread say, they're trained to CONSTANTLY be on the lookout for things and people trying to end their lives. You spend enough time in an environment like that and the things you learn to look out for stick with you, even if you don't think they do. It's why veterans get 'triggered' by fireworks, suspicious looking garbage, cars backfiring-- they instinctively react the same way they would if they were in the Middle East.

>have deep interest in history and military
>believe that the military can really help people give structure to their lives, and teach them valuable things that are seldom found in the civilian world
>consider joining chair force, as I would like to one day work for the CIA
>have OCD and asthma
>asthma is not a problem anymore, but without medication, my OCD becomes very troublesome
>realize that I would have to go off medication for BMT
>know I couldn't make it

Nothing hurts quite like wanting to join a cause you deeply believe in only to be denied by something you can't control.
>>
>>29602866
Its all about traumatic stress as it suggests. You need to be exposed to something which is both those things for it to be categorised as PTSD- anything else is just your regular, run of the mill fuckups (like depression, anxiety, psychosis etc), which can be a product of exposure to certain things or even just a biological effect.

Also effects people differently. Some people just shake it off, move on and others will feel it deeply, every day of their lives.
I'm in the latter, seen all manner of horrible shit, done some horrible shit, seen friends and comrades be injured, die, seen mass graves full of dead civilians executed by extremists and all that.
Does it bother me?
Nope, I don't 'like it' at all, but I'm wired differently to other people. Part of that is training as an (now ex) professional soldier, part of it is me.

The ones in my general observations that suffer the most seem to be civilian first responders and irregular/reserve forces drafted into full scale war- the blood, injury, death and general scariness of actual conflict hurts them quite badly at an emotional level.
Weirdo's like me, well I didn't escape unscathed. I have nightmares a couple of times a year about my time overseas on deployment, mostly about the little things that people don't generally care about- getting lost, lack of water, ammunition, troops doing something silly, weapon malfunctions, radio not working and all that sort of stuff.

Course, gunfire and loud explosions will make me react, that shits wired to the core of my very being.
>>
>>29601953
Some day bro. I got deep roots here in NW AR - not so much like A-stan, more like the woods in the Eiffel mountains of germany, but still PURRFECT
>>
>>29602961

>The ones in my general observations that suffer the most seem to be civilian first responders and irregular/reserve forces drafted into full scale war- the blood, injury, death and general scariness of actual conflict hurts them quite badly at an emotional level.

I read that the more people are prepared for the possibility of traumatic situations beforehand the more able to handle traumatic experiences should they occur, so your observation makes sense.
>>
>>29599994
Is this pasta?
>>
This turned into a feels thread rather quickly. Here is my modest contribution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM
>>
>>29602989
501 is the best area code
>>
>>29598255
Flood zone here, sandbags are mandatory.
>>
>>29602284

This is why everybody hates you Phil.
>>
>>29600741
Not a vet or anything but apparently one time I freaked out in my sleep and head butted my girlfriend. Felt really bad. She has done it too. I was half asleep and saw her arm rising to point at the ceiling, she formed a fist and then it slammed down onto my dick. I shouted and she woke up like "what the fuck happened!? Is the dog okay?!"
>>
File: BP7oUSc[1].png (175 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
BP7oUSc[1].png
175 KB, 400x282
>>29599758
Of course.
>>
>>29599750
Odd thing to ask, but have you considered taking MDMA to help you overcome those problems?
>>
File: tHSENTU8Nr2kdwuadAZuE7B0o1_500.jpg (57 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tHSENTU8Nr2kdwuadAZuE7B0o1_500.jpg
57 KB, 500x281
Is it worrying that everything said in this thread makes me want to join my country's Army even more?

Shit, the only thing deterring me is the whole "hurry up and wait for the party" peace time military.

>tfw applying in december
>would apply earlier but psyche eval bumped me back last year on the grounds of im "not mature enough"
>tfw i should have said "yes, i'll shoot hadji" instead of faking hesitation to not come off as a wannabe baby killing Rambo
>>
Tfw can't serve due to a bunch of health issues that I've never needed medication for or any sort of special treatment.

Sucks not being allowed to do your part.
>>
>>29601715
>>29602943

Fellow preemie here, asthma and anxiety as well, fml

I did get into the Irish Army though so just keep it on the DL
>>
You all should read this.
It's fucking great.

http://public.wsu.edu/~hughesc/why_men_love_war.htm
>>
>>29601650
>pulled a free number and escaped conscription back in 2010 at 20 after the local high school/college whatever counterpart
>spend the next 5 years being a useless NEET with nothing to show for it or worth remembering
>do the conscription thing in 2015 out of desperation to do anything
>in shit shape compared to 20 year old me
>used to be fast as fuck and running came easy
>slow as fuck now
>still a natural fuck up with incoherent brain but now also lazy after 5 years of fuck all
>only saving grace was a couple of other fuck ups stealing the spot light and one dude who was about as close to Gomer Pyle as you'd get with out shooting anyone
>he merely fantasized about and everyone knew it
>fucking looked like him too
>unsure if I wanna continue to actual military service after conscription
>deployment sounds nice
>having to travel across the country on my own dime with a shit salary not so much
>fuck up the one physical test that mattered
>passed every other identical test before and after that
>didn't get to move on to actual service with further training and deployment down the line
>end up working at 7Eleven in the kind of neighborhood that just makes you stop asking question why customers keep coming in with blood all over their face

To this day I still don't know if I'd have preferred continueing, deployment sounds a lot more interesting than what I'm doing, at least I'd feel I've done something with my life. At least my economy is probably better than it would have been. At least I got to do parachuting.
>>
>>29599750
I leave my dog outside all night unless it's going to be -10F.

He has an insulated doghouse though, if he's not in it, he's probably not cold.
>>
>>29600416
I'm fucking enslaved by the American government, I would rather have the opportunity to kill some sand niggers and die than this.

They enslave American children, I am twenty fucking six years old now.

Liberty and Justice is a lie, but it's still better than every other government on the planet.
>>
>>29602271
Unless you're presented with an oppertunity too good to pass up, fucking do it.

I've been a NEET for 5 years, the empty feeling of disatisfaction and uselessness it has given me is something I'd trade away for a trip to Afganistan or Iraq, even a shitty one. Hell, I'd trade it away for five years of being a POG with no deployment too. Or any education really.

Actually, just don't fuck up like I do and become a NEET, and if you're afraid of responsibility, double the reason to do it. You won't be afraid of it once you get out on the other side. Rather be 19 and irresponsible, it's to be expected, you're a fucking teenager, than being 25 and still being irresponsible when it's just not acceptable anymore. Also, you're likely in better physical shape to do it now than later. Get the curiosity out of your system.
>>
>>29600370
>Knowing you have function. Life was simple.
You just want to have a clear purpose in life again. That's normal, human thing to do. Anyone would. Everyone struggles with this shit at some point and there's no good answer what to do.
>>
For some reason, reading some of these made me about cry. I need to visit my dad soon. From what little he talk about, he was in Desert Storm and other places around the world. He is easily paranoid.
>>
File: 1459343594670.png (228 KB, 1192x830) Image search: [Google]
1459343594670.png
228 KB, 1192x830
I see this has now turned into a feels thread and I would feel better writing out my own shit.

I tried to enlist during college because I hated academics and the SJW's that I encountered every day. I emailed a recruiter and we spoke for a while about me becoming an officer if I finished college. When it came time for my physicals, it became apparent that I would never be accepted based on my conditions

>near sighted
>colorblind
>asthma
>bad shoulder (tore my rotator cuff)
>tachycardia (resting pulse 120)

I then joined my local fire dept and spent 3 years riding the engine and driving the ambulance. Some of the best times of my life. Unfortunately now my medical conditions have advanced to the point that I may not be fit even to ride as a volunteer. I have asthmatic fits if dust kicks off the ground and blows towards me, I get exhausted by walking and doing household chores, and had surgery to correct my shoulder. I still can't lift more than 5 pounds with my left arm. So now I've been out of work since last year and the idea of working a civilian desk job is so repulsive that I spend my days drinking, going to the range every once in a while, and going to the doctor 3 or 4 times per week. I'm hoping that my arm recovers enough that I can do transports for hospitals, not even 911 calls. I have no other employable skills or education.
>>
File: md.jpg (39 KB, 592x634) Image search: [Google]
md.jpg
39 KB, 592x634
>>29603163
I'm not a veteran but I still recommend this. Used to have pretty severe depression, did dizz a bunch of times and now I'm more or less happy all the time.
>>
File: 1457886055392.jpg (16 KB, 351x329) Image search: [Google]
1457886055392.jpg
16 KB, 351x329
>>29598213
>i dont know why i was sandbagging either.
Like the majestic Eagle or the noble Deer. Animals have an innate instinct about the world around them. Without technology or advanced communication they can detect when danger is upon them hours or even days before it is upon them.
>>
>>29598604
Like any proper lady would.
>>
>>29601770
Can someone tell me if the millitary will let you in if you have lazer eye surgery? I am still in High School (18 yrs old) and want to join. What jobs will I be able to do with eye surgery? Can I be in infantry?
>>
>>29602961

This is pretty accurate. I'm a former EMT, a cop now, and have a couple tours in the sandbox under my belt. I've seen some shit, lots of shit. Starting when I was 18. I was 3 weeks out of my EMT FTO when a neighboring town got leveled by a tornado and I was activated to respond.

Basically we were combing debris piles looking for what was or used to be a person. We were short medical staff, so stare troopers and local law enforcement were pulled to help with SAR ops. With the way the joint command structure was set up medical personnel were basically the go to guys for anything in the AO, which means I'm aassociated fucking rookie telling cops with 10+ years on the force what to do while trying to not vomit when I'm pulling parts of people out of debris piles.

It wasn't a far cry from that when the Red Cross bombing happened when I was innadesert and I was walking past lengths of chain link fence with child bits blasted into them. To top it off some CIA spooks were asking us to help look for bomb parts, like I know that shit.

But yeah, it affects everyone differently. I've got buddies who came back and just drink and cry all the time. A couple, one of them I grew up with, killed themselves when they got home. Some of them just fucking dropped off the grid, they're like mountain men in the woods.

Me, I mean, I think about it a lot. The night terrors scare my girlfriend sometimes, but she understands. She doesn't ask when I stop and look up if a helicopter flies over, or if I cross the street to avoid walking near the bag of trash on the curb. It's little things like that. I joke about it a lot. It's therapeutic to laugh about the things that hurt or scare me.

I love her a lot, though. I'm glad I found someone who doesn't see me as damaged goods like a lot of people do. I'm thankful that on the extremely rare occasion that I do want to talk about it, she listens and doesn't judge me.

I'm sorry guys.. it's been a long day.
>>
>>29603843
shut up and give the reason why you need the surgery. No one knows what jobs you can do without the ASVAB or going through MEPS.
>>
>>29600081
Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter
>>
>>29600640
>2016
>not cooking with coconut oil
>>
>>29600081
Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.
>>
>>29602671
>>29601649
Wait, the only thing that tell the drone operator to not send a missile at your face is a IR beacon?
Isn't that highly exploitable? What if the terrorists get smart and purchase some for themselves?
>>
>>29603855
my eyesight is -5.5 in one eye, and -6.25 in the other
>>
>>29603916
And, I meant what jobs I would be allowed in with surgery
>>
>>29603906
Well, they still have to use some common sense and knowledge of where their guys and the enemy guys are supposed to be. But yeah, once the enemy starts using it they're going to need some new innovation.
>>
>>29602284
So much this, I get innawoods as much as I can
Granted I look like I'm going to war with the Forrest
But its fast become a huge destresor for me
>>
I drank and slept in aloooot
Never shaved which resulted in a glorious beard
Rediscovered things I loved that I had no time for while in : kayaking, reloading, biking, hiking/camping, reading
Bought a lot of my issued gear online
I was lucky and had someone to vent too those first 6mnths
>>
>>29600717
Black or Crimson?
>>
>>29600081
Me, personally of course, I miss shooting. Fighting, rather. Not because I particularly enjoy violence or the threat of death, but because it was honest. Someone was trying to kill us, so we had to kill them. That's all. Forget all the political backgrounds, national motivations, conspiracy theories, religious philosophies. In the moment, with whips and cracks snapping past your head, guys yelling and shooting and a million other things happening at once, all that matters is that you have to live, and he has to die.

Also, I have a metric shit ton of completely useless knowledge now. Demolitions, small unit tactics, MOUT, even basic soldiering tasks such as uniform standards and basic machine gunning are wasted sitting behind a desk. It's frustrating, and was even more so when I first started. Try being an expert in a field, then go to a different field where absolutely nothing applies. Under water welder for 10 years to bank teller. Think about that for a second. You'd probably weld just for fun. I miss being able to exercise my knowledge in an actual fashion. Let's face it, shooting, blowing stuff up, fighting, that shits fun. And doing it real world, and doing it well, is a feeling you just can't recapture. You're the kings of your jungle, and smashing challengers is the ultimate satisfaction.

There's a lot I miss, and a lot I don't. I had a hard time adjusting when I first got out, but as time went by it got easier. I think a lot of people just have to get over the hump and they're alright. Kind of a, "the ghosts don't go away, you just get used to their faces," type of deal. I still get nightmares sometimes. I don't duck for cover anymore when I hear loud bangs, but I do flinch hard enough for people to notice.

The hardest part now is that my buddies keep killing themselves. It brings all that shit back to the front.
>>
>>29603794
Thank you Harry haruharihu
>>
File: 1402537928001.jpg (88 KB, 604x431) Image search: [Google]
1402537928001.jpg
88 KB, 604x431
>>29598308
What do you even do about something like that?
>>
>>29604276
nuke it all
>>
>>29604221
>The hardest part now is that my buddies keep killing themselves. It brings all that shit back to the front.
I hope they have the common goddamn decency not to do it wth guns.
>>
You guys are so God damn lucky that you even got the opportunity to join. You were given the opportunity, I was never given a chance

Everybody in my family was military. Most of them died. But I lost the genetic lottery and wound up with shitty eyes, a shitty back, no saliva, insomnia and half a lung missing. The only thing I ever wanted was a fair chance to prove that I could do anything anybody else could- or, even if I just mopped floors for 4 years, that I was willing. But I never got the chance.

Now I'm in the same group as the coward half men, the whores, and they guys who joined up but just wound up crying like whiny babies.

God damnit I only wanted a chance.
>>
>>29599758
Yes, and a derringer in your prison pocket just in case.
>>
>>29604316
Well, one shot himself in head after spending every dime of his money partying for two weeks straight, hardcore, I've decided to die, partying. One shot at his pregnant wife, who then called the cops. He shot the two responding officers then shot himself in the chest. If he'd wanted to hit his wife her would have, guy was a hell of a shot, both officers survived. Another drove his motorcycle off a cliff, which they thought was an accident until they found a note. One hanged himself, and the last one took a shit ton of sleeping pills and alcohol, survived and was put in the hospital, where he somehow managed to get ahold of a knife and slit his wrists.

So yeah, some of them used guns.
>>
File: 1453828091359.png (233 KB, 300x383) Image search: [Google]
1453828091359.png
233 KB, 300x383
>>29604355
>no saliva
Out of all of that, this bothers me the worst. What in the actual fuck dude, how do you even eat?
>>
>>29604410
I wasn't being very serious. That's terrible man.

>>29604355
>no saliva
what now
>>
>>29600398
>implying OIF 2.0 won't happen within the next five years with all this ISIS shit

>Trump gets elected
>follows through on promise to end ISIS
>sends troops
>troops rape ISIS
>>
>>29604469
I hope you mean that literally, I'd watch that.
>>
>>29604435
Well, didn't mean to be all depressing and shit. I don't get to talk about it very often, or ever really, so it's still a pretty tender spot especially since "killed himself twice" was just a few weeks ago. They resuscitated him in the ambulance so he was technically dead. And everytime I bring it up with someone, even my wife, they act like I'm on the verge of being the next suicide. It's frustrating, since not being able to get it out makes it fester and get worse. And all my old buddies are too ashamed to talk about it, since we feel like it's our fault. It just sucks.
>>
>>29604410
One of Andy McNabs fellow SAS soldiers called him, said goodbye in a convoluted manner and then jumped from a private Cessna without his parachute.
>>
File: cat meets an afghani concubine.jpg (81 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
cat meets an afghani concubine.jpg
81 KB, 500x666
>>29604531
It takes some goddamn dedication to kill yourself, come back to life and say "nope, fuck it, I've got this" and try again. I'm not sure if I should find that as admirable as I do.

I unironically can't think of a better place to vent about that than /k/ though. There's a good few other vets here and the rest of us (more of a 4chan thing really) talk about rough topics in a way most people aren't willing to.
>>
>>29604276
>pick up bag of hardend concrete
>toss in dumpster
this is assuming he didn't open them.
>>
>>29604427
>>29604435
>no saliva
We don't quite know what's wrong with me yet, but my doctor(s) have stated it's probably at least *close* to Sjögren's syndrome, which causes a dryness of many important bodily fluids, including things like tears and saliva.

Basically I can get hungry, but I can never get a craving for a food. People apparently have two different senses of "hunger"- craving (mouth hungry, like having a sweet tooth) and stomach hunger (feeling pain and having a growling stomach). I can get the second, but not the first.

This is bad because having " mouth hunger" apparently triggers salivation; which you of course need to, you know, break down food. But since I don't get cravings that salivation never happens, so the only saliva I have is the tiny amount your body uses to keep your throat and mouth moist. When I try to eat, that saliva is immediately depleted, meaning I can chew food as long as I like, it just doesn't break down. In the morning, if I try to eat a bagel or something for breakfast, I have to stand by the sink constantly pouring water onto the food in my mouth.

What's worse is that there's also some connection between craving and feeling "satisfied"- full, like you've had enough to eat. My mouth gets satisfied almost immediately by my stomach always needs more. Sadly, I literally cannot even force myself to eat more. My throat simply won't allow it to be swallowed.

Because of this I have literally no fat on my body whatsoever and very little muscle. As said before, doctors *think* it's Sjögren's syndrome but nobody knows what's actually wrong with me.
>>
>>29603794
Nice smug anime girl
>>
>>29604624
Just passing through, didn't read the thread and wanted to tell you that sucks.

I have some sort of problem where my stomach says its full after like 2 bites and I can't eat anything else. Can't force it nothing so I'd guess I understand that a little.

Well hope you don't wither and die
>>
When i Came back home from kunduz/Afghanistan back in 09 i thought i hadn't changed. My family and friends said otherwise. But for the better. More disciplined, more mature in general.

We had our share in firefights and the usuall common "the fuck"s as in little boys being raped the wohle night next to our fob, while the CO threatened us with disciplinary measures if we try to rescue the Boy. We are guests n shit, the usuall Talk out of my Ass-bullshit.

So nothing to drastic happend, besides the usuall.
Even though we lost 3 Men right in the beginning of our Tour (the driver flipped the Tpz into the kunduz river while backing up, one was squished, the other two drowned). But they were reserve replacements, we hardly knew them, so even if we lost comrades and we mourned, it was nothing that would cause ptsd.

We returned in November, everything was cool, exept the whole company wanted back, the first world problems here were annoying.

Then, New years eve happend. With all the firework, and Melancholy, and curiosity for the New year, the brothers in Arms popped up in my mind. The murrians, that we had so much fun with, the belgians from dynecore, next to our PRT, and of course my german brothers, down there right now, away from their families, friends, loved ones... thats when i broke down. I got away from the party i was on, rolled up in fetal position and cried like a little child for an hour straight befor a friend found me and drove me home.
>>
>>29604732
You too senpai.

Genetic augmentation when?
>>
>>29601918
Yeah, I lurk and post as anon a lot more than I trip. I'm looking into setting up a non-profit for other Veterans in a few years. Like Wounded Warrior, minus all the embezzlement, corruption and scamming.

>>29601676
>I am not a suicide risk if you are worried.

You don't have to be to still benefit from chatting with a stranger 1 v 1. Save the email and shoot me a message sometime if you're bored or wanna tell another Vet about the Sandbox.
>>
>>29601947

I miss the never befor seen starlit sky. No Light pollution in Afghanistan, it was the most beautifull sky i have ever Seen.
>>
>>29598239
Some places have floods m8. I have some.
>>
>>29604355

The fact that you wanted the chance already places you above the rest. My brothers are pathetic. They're about to graduate high school and I've asked them about considering the service. They won't give it a second thought. To them, it's someone elses job to go fight.

I'm not trying to give you "almost valor" syndrome or anything like that. Nothing is worse than a guy coming up and saying "yeah, I was gonna join but then..." I just need to let you know that you've still got plenty of character, and it's evidenced by your attitude. Throw away that need to prove yourself and go kick ass in another field.
>>
File: 1456787905236.jpg (107 KB, 530x401) Image search: [Google]
1456787905236.jpg
107 KB, 530x401
>>29599758

> Not having a shower gun

I bet you don't even keister a deagle brand deagle.
>>
>>29604561
That guy was a fucking beast. We used to call him the Juggernaut because he actually smashed in a 1 1/2" thick steel door using his head and shoulders. Had pecs the size of Christmas hams, and that's not an exaggeration-we actually held up a ham to his chest and they were about the same size. It was definitely a blow though, he was very down to earth and wise, one of the only NCOs I knew who'd chew your ass for fucking up, then quietly pull you aside and give you some wisdom and make sure everything was alright (i.e. that your fuck up wasn't a sign of something more serious, not that he didn't hurt your feelings) He really cared about his guys, fought like a fucking devil, just an all around great guy. It really is fucked up that he was so determined to die, I can't help but wonder what happened that got him to that point and why he didn't reach out to anyone.
>>
>>29604732
My girlfriend has the same problem. Put her on birth control and it's a bit better but still is bad enough for her to be 5'7" but 98 pounds
>>
File: 1453981387744.gif (694 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1453981387744.gif
694 KB, 540x304
>>29604880
Thank you anon, you make me feel better about myself

I just hate being unable to prove my worth to those around me
>>
Amusement, memes and killer firearms aside, posts like this are why i keep coming back to /k/ over and over ,hearing other ppl have to deal with this stupid shit too
Rock on gents
>>
>>29604140
Crimson, but I've been told I'm just doing flightline security. If anything pops up il raise my hand in a heart beat to volunteer.
>>
>>29604837
I felt like that when I was climbing a mountain in Switzerland. It was beautiful. I live in a semi-rural/residential area and that's got a pretty clear sky but compared to the view from the top of the Fründenhorn. It was nothing. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen, I'd never tell my girlfriend that but hey, I bet the next time I feel like that will be when/if we have a child.

It's also so dark. Even at night time at home it's not pitch black but there in Switzerland, it was completely black.
>>29603500
I keep my girlfriends dog in the garage. We had some people try to break in through there so she sleeps in there with a basket/blanket and a fake skeleton on the floor for extra spooky spook
>>
File: travelafganistan 045.jpg (1 MB, 6286x1760) Image search: [Google]
travelafganistan 045.jpg
1 MB, 6286x1760
>>29600238
>>29600370
>>29601947
Would you settle for a sunrise over Bagram?
>>
>>29604221
This was really meaningful to read, it had a power to it. Thank you from another vet.
>>
>>29600370
U hit the nail on the head
>>
File: Deployments 589.jpg (114 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Deployments 589.jpg
114 KB, 640x480
>>29605321
Sure, and I'll trade you a sunset over Bastion.
>>
>>29598213
When I came home from my first tour I felt uncomfortable around pretty much everyone that I hadn't been overseas with.
>Got pulled over for driving at night with no headlights
>I didn't understand why I needed my lights on when I could see just fine
>Accidentally walked out of a gas station without paying for a gatorade, was to use to free ones all over Iraq.

Fast forward two years and I'm getting home from Afghanistan.
>Smoked like crazy
>Drank like crazy
>Couldn't sleep
>Every creak, pop or other noise was someone breaking in or already in the house
>Clearing the house attic to basement in my underwear with a 1897 Winchester

>>29604221
I couldn't make do with not having something going on. Mortars, gunfire, missions. I couldn't stand not doing something like that.
>>
>>29602866
My brother in law has ptsd from iraq, and he had a desk job. Tried to hide it for a while because he was embarassed, it was from the stress of knowing you might be randomly mortared every day for a year.
>>
>>29602956
Quick tip
Get a degree in compsci or other related stem and apply for a CIA internship while in school. Trust me
>>
>>29605478
I remember being home for a few weeks and I stepped on a Gatorade bottle. It dragged under my foot and made a rough grating sound as it scraped against the concrete. I ducked behind a nearby car cause it reminded me of the sound incoming mortars make.
>>
>>29599994
This
Something similar to the backpack happened last Wednesday with a few friends in the car going to the bar at night (trash day was Tuesday and I forgot that)
>driving down the road
>laughing and cajoling and carrying on
>notice two trash bags skewed 3m apart on my right ~100m down the road
>defcon omega
>herring bone to the side and ask my friends if they see what I see
>everyone is is collectively wtfing
>"The trash bags you fuck tards"
>..... Bro... They're just trash bags
>...oh...lol
>drive normal up to them until 20m and proceed to gun it in the opposite lane
>"dude wtf!?"
Can't be too careful guys, now. Onwards to the strip joint
>>
>>29603921
I know we have a CBRN guy here with 6.0 in both eyes. He's getting the surgery this month before we deploy though. They'll give you glasses for that until they can get you the surgery.
>>
>>29603175
yeah dude now that feel I'm signed up in my country and I'm going on september I'm so hyped
>>
>>29603120
Que?

>>29603991
>So much this, I get innawoods as much as I can
Godspeed. Getting out where your brain and glands can realize nothing is trying to kill you anymore seemed to work for many of those old guys. You'd see them months later and they were relaxed instead of all hunched over and red-eyed.
>>
>>29598308
>29598308
AHHHH
>>
>>29604624
EAT LARD
A
T W
H
L E
A Y
R P R O T E I N
D
>>
>>29605809
dude what
>>
>>29605558
I had one like that up in my neck of the woods.
>Got a call, son is sick needs to come home from school early
>Drive up to and pick him up take different route home
>"Holy mother of fuck what is that!?!?!?!?"
>I see on the guard rail up ahead a piece of red cloth hanging over a stack of rocks
>Jack the brakes, pull over and stare at this pile of rocks
>I couldn't bring myself to drive past it
>I got out of the car, little man was asleep
>Walk down the road keeping a good eye on the pile
>Still not sure what the fuck is going on, I know I'm in bumfuk PA not Afghanistan but this is too weird
>Finally work my way to were I can see the whole thing and cross over the rail to see the backside
>Determine there is no threat, no wires, no anything strapped to the guard rail
>Hurry back to the car, little man still sleeping
>Drive home feeling freaked the fuck out.

I still don't know what the fuck was up with that pile. Looked just like how Afghans mark mines or IED's.
>>
>>29605824
This dick
>>
>>29605342
Well, glad you enjoyed it. Always nice to get to talk to folk who can relate.
>>29605448
A small part of me wished I'd never met my wife. I love her, I knew I loved her from the first time we met, but with all the conflicts popping off around the globe looking for foreign volunteers I really want to get out there. I actually learned what the phrase, "gnashing of teeth" meant when ISIS first started producing videos, because I did it. Literally smashing my teeth together like I was chewing concrete. I don't want to make money, I'd be happy just being fed and clothed. I just want to fuck some shit up again. It's almost like the 80's have rolled back around and I'm missing all the bush-war equivalents. I'd even be happy training yokels again like I did in Afghanistan. But, alas, I have a wife, a house, a decent job. None of my coworkers suspect I'm a Soldier of Fortune wannabe, hardly any of them know I was in the Army at all honestly. That part of my life is behind me now, and while I'm happy, almost happier than I've ever been, I'll never be as happy as I was downrange. Nothing is quite as satisfying as putting the dot on some guerillas' chest, applying pressure, and watching him flop down like a fast Ivan.

Fuck guys, I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to bring the thread down. Give me a second and I'll greentext about when I thought someone had broken in to my parents house right after I got out, it's a fairly amusing story.
>>
>>29605824
It got fucked up
Lemme try again

EAT LARD
A
T W
H
L E
A Y
R PROTEIN
D

And I was trying to say if you drank a mix of sugar / fat and whey you could get swole with no solid food
>>
>>29605915
Shit it won't work for some reason
>>
>>29605898
I know that feel bro. It's only the little girl in my wife's belly that keeps me grounded.
>>
>>29605898
>23, recently separated after Afghan tour
>living with parents
>up late, watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force
>hear Venetian blinds smack ever so gently against the back door, left it unlocked because I smoke
>youdonefuckedupnow.jpg
>grab pistol, in underwear
>creep down stair case, pie into the living room
>noises coming from kitchen, move towards them
>see dog, 2 year old Dachshund wagging his tail and grinning in open back door
> whisper "Fucking traitor," under my breath
>sweep into kitchen
>GETONTHEFUCKINGGROUND
>mom standing in kitchen holding half a water melon, face buried in it
>m-mom?
>looks up at me like a zombie, sets watermelon down slowly
>begins pulling chunks out of it with her hands and chucking them at me
>make a hasty tactical withdrawal
>dog comes slinking up to my room 5 minutes later, head covered in watermelon juice

Apparently she'd taken an ambien, which makes her sleep-eat. She was trying to share her watermelon with me. And the dog, apparently.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>29606218
Oh god this had me rolling
Looking like a mad man sitting in my car in a parking lot laughing like an old man
>>
>>29603843
Navy Nuke Dep-er (take my post with a grain of salt)

Recruiter said Navy offers corrective eye surgery once you reach your station.
Meaning post boot camp.

Id imagine that also long as your eyes are sharp enough they wont care what surgery it was.
>>
I wish I could truely relate to you vets and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. I thought about joining up, but I have scholarships I'd rather not turn down, the whole peace time military thing seems like shit, and I have a conviction that I'd rather not fight a war that I don't have much stake in. I want to go to war, it's a weird calling, but I just can't think of a reason to join up.
>>
>>29600347
> fucking casuals.
No Chest rig, extra magazines, flares, flashlight and, homemade concussion gernades.
>>
>spend 6 days a week in AFG mentoring ANA
>come home and outprocess in San Diego
>wife meets me, wants to go shopping
>we go to Trader Joes in Hillcrest neighborhood (gay area)
>the site of alternative lifestyle people freaks me out
>realize the Afghans I mentored would join the Taliban if they could see what I saw
>>
>stupid shit i did when i got home

i developed a really bad drinking and drug habit, fuck getting the DTs ugh i was fucking retarded.
>>
>>29606374
What other reason do you need? Go to war. You want to go? Just do it. You don't need an altruistic reason to do something. You don't have to be a true believer. I wanted to fight so I did, simple as that. But if you don't, who cares? Don't guilt trip yourself over it. It's not a higher calling, or a moral obligation. It's a violent, often boring, always stressful lifestyle that's not for everyone. Do what's right for you man, and be confident in it. You don't have shit to prove to anybody except yourself.
>>
File: image_36.jpg (89 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image_36.jpg
89 KB, 540x720
>>29601650
>be me
>18
>love firearms
>want to serve
>320 lbs: 2/3 fat, 1/3 muscle
>C cup breasts
>male
>16 minute mile
>placed in selective service for free schooling
I'm working on fixing myself up. Maybe I'll enlist in a few years.
Or I'll get drafted before I get better. Preferably the former.
>>
>>29606698
>I'm proud to be an American
>>
>>29598213

>Britfag Army. I came back from Iraq in December '07. The last three months of my tour, I'd spent in the PJCC in the centre of Basrah. About fifty of us there in a heavily fortified section of the PJCC compound (It was an Iraq Joint Forces HQ, we had an annex that we were using the roof of to run a technical OP on the Jaish al-Mahdī HQ about 500m opposite. We spent every single day and night under some form of attack, be it mortar, Chinese rocket, sniper, RPG, whatever.

>I was in the sangar on the eastern side of the roof. Low lying. sandbags, netting over the top, with some up armour in the form of metal plating over our heads braced on breeze blocks.

>Hot, hot summer days. Hitting plus 40 centigrade in the open, add another 20 in our sweat box.

>Strange, strange fucking smell building up over the days
>Get used to it
>Like it
>Start to crave that strange, sweet smell
>One day, sangar gets hit, gets blown to shit, no-one in thank god
>We go to repair it
>Tissues everywhere, some burnt, some not
>Pick one up
>Sniff it
>Some motherfucker had been wanking off in the sangar (Only place you could get privacy) and been stashing the tissues down the back of the sandbags
>I'd become addicted to the smell of warm cum

When I came back home, I found myself jacking into a tissue and leaving it on the radiator to recreate that wartorn, heated cum aroma.

......fuck
>>
>>29606698
>realize the Afghans I mentored would join the Taliban if they could see what I saw
B-But we're the good goys!
>>
>>29607070

.....Pretty fucking gross. However, also ex-Britfag army.

>Came back from Afghan in 2010
>End of summer tour
>So very, very, very fucking hot
>Back in Blighty, pissing with rain, near freezing
>SO refreshing
>Walk into town wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip flops at 2100hrs just to feel the wind and rain on me
>Almost die of hypothermia
>Did enjoy a tasty Wagamamas though
>>
>>29604276
he had to call one of those cleanup companies that deals with shit like trains crashing.
it was bad, cost him like 600k.
>>29604615
he opened them.
it was bad.
>>29602943
2 months preemie here, guy you responded to.
>>29602671
that's neat, but as another anon said;
>our dude wears a thing
>hajis notice that he isn't getting fucked by drones
>kill him
>put flasher on them and their shit
>drones now neutered
>>
Story of a cop at my high school. Not deployed, but he had an interesting story.
>pre-family, didn't have a kid at the time
>responds to an accident
>a van had blown through the railings on an overpass, crashed into the ground below
>gets there first
>baby ejected, was lying in the middle of the road
>and on the sides. It was ripped apart on impact
>inspect vehicle
>dad had the wheel lodged in his head, mother was brained by the dashboard, neck snapped
>hole in the cracked window from where the baby was ejected through
>other kid was heard taking his last breaths, gargling blood
>walks back to vehicle, calls for backup
>backup arrives
>almost all had kids of their own, captain made him pick up scraps of baby
>later asks why he was told to do it
"You will understand once you have a kid of your own"
Forgot about a lot of details about next part.

>skip forward multiple years
>has a wife and a baby now
>respond to call
>told to clear and check a house
>find dead toddler in a bathtub, chopped into bits or some shit
>was again told to clean it out
>went home that night
>held his child and cried

It's tough. I wouldn't know much about it because >seniorfag
>>
File: 1420422962575-3.gif (181 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1420422962575-3.gif
181 KB, 300x203
>>29607228
These were not the feels I came into this thread for. These are not the feels I refreshed the page for. These feels.
>>
>>29607228
christ
not to go /pol/, but it's this kind of shit that makes me hate liberals and edgy libertarians that want to defund the police.
>>
>>29606928
If I joined up now I feel as though I'd be spitting in my parents face. They did everything they could to get me where I am now and my dad didn't want me doing what he did and joining the military out of necessity. They made sure I got the grades I did so that I could go to college on scholarship and make something of myself. Believe me, I've spoken to recruiters about going 18x but I can never fully commit. Call me a pussy I guess.
>>
>>29607228
You know what people that have actually done and been through shit hate? "Well, a buddy of mine," stories. I get you want to be part of the cool guy club but please, do us a favor and fuck off.

Also that has nothing to do with any of this thread, you posted that purely for the shock factor. And I highly doubt some RO at a fucking highschool told you that story, or if he did, that it even happened. I've scraped a kids brains out of a road before, picked up pieces of a newlywed bride that still had bits of veil and dress stuck to it, and I sure as fuck wouldn't tell some 17 year old shit head about it.

And even if I did? I wouldn't want him running around trying to sound cool by telling other people. It's not yours to share fuck face.

You're basically the equivalent of a virgin telling a story about how your gay friend sucked a huge cock to a bunch of guys who were discussing pussy eating techniques. So again. Fuck off.
>>
>>29606970
Go buy a basketball hoop, actually trying to exercise when you're that big gets discouraging real fast. Just shoot hoops and when you miss run after the ball. I know it sounds stupid but I was big like you and that's how I lost the weight to enlist. Went from 290 to 160 in a little over a year. My wakeup call was when I visited a recruiter and he told me straight up that I was too fat to even think about it.
>>
>>29607228

>Not deployed
>Thread topic: ITT: Stupid shit we did after we got home from deployments

Congratulations cunt, you've bastardized someone else's traumatic experiences that have no relevancy to the thread so you can feel cool and edgy.

Gold star for you.
>>
>>29607588
I'm not going to call you a pussy. I'm not going to insult you at all, because I don't have any avarice or disdain or people who don't join the military. It's your choice. To be honest familam, it sounds like you're making excuses for yourself, trying to talk yourself out of it. Like you're trying to basically cut it out completely as a conceivable option. I've heard it before, watched my best friend do it actually. The only advice that's available to you is to do what you want. Hell, go to college, finish your degree and then join as an officer. Maybe OIF: Electric Boogaloo will have kicked off by then. Don't let other peoples opinions or expectations guide you. Do you boo boo. Do you.
>>
>>29607588
your parents are retarded.
the "only idiots join the military" is a fucking old anti-war 'nam era meme that they made to piss off people who were gonna enlist and convince them otherwise.
if you wanna do 18x, fucking do it.
besides, if you're a smart fucker, with that free college shit, you have it fucking made.
or go to west point and get that officer pay, what the hell.
>>
>>29607588
>I'd be spitting in my parents face

Good.

They don't own you.
>>
>>29607228
Law-fag here.
>be practicin law
>meet (several different) clients
>they tell stories of how they have lost their respective children
>and how it feels to bury your child
>i sue defendants
>go home and weep-hug son.
>go to range and pound targets 'til shoulder's numb.
>>
so I'm at kind of a crossroads about what to do innaarmy
next yearish I wanna enlist, (i'm giving myself that break so I can de-fatfuck myself)
but I don't know what to do for MOS.
I wanna do jump school, that's kinda a given for me.
but I would like to do 91B/88M (inb4 lolol pog) because those are things I'm interested in and I like, and if I'm gonna be stuck doing something, I wanna like it.
but then I see the futility of jump school if I do that, cause mechanics are legs.
and all I would have to show for it is a fucked up spine, wrecked joints, some extra pay and some silver wings.
so do I go POG and do what I love or go infantry and put those jump wings to use?
>>
>>29598239

In case your moat gets too high. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: 9cdc74_4676325.jpg (101 KB, 1575x795) Image search: [Google]
9cdc74_4676325.jpg
101 KB, 1575x795
>mfw have rare ass blood disease
>mfw couldn't join
fuck my parents for having shitty genes
>>
For you guys saying they won't take you, wait for the next war. When they get real desperate waivers start flying left and right.
>>
>>29607817
shameless samefagging because I really need help deciding
>>
>>29607927
>>>/meg/
>>
>>29607927
If you're on /k/ you want to go 11B. You know you do. Sure, there's parts that suck but you will get a lot more rangetime and shit like that.
>>
>>29607817

>Put wings to use

You mean by jumping just enough to maintain qualification while you hate the rest of your life in what's regarded as one of the worst units to be in by the rest of the Army?
>>
>>29607859
This. I know a guy who was severely pigeon-toed who was waivered in. Severely enough that when he was born they said he wouldn't walk and only a special surgery made even that possible. Marching was painful for him, but he stuck it out enough to become a POG and did a damn fine job in his assigned role.
>>
>>29607982
wait, you mean its not like the training videos and shit?
and my dad is rose-colored glasses as fuck?
I need to reconsider my life, I shall return.
>>
And I know a nigger degenerate who constantly tried to start fights at BCT and should have been gassed at MEPS who was ALSO pidgeon toed.

Ran up behind me and kicked me in the back while we were staging for a ruck, then ran off as soon as I turned around. Giggled like a nigger thinking he won.

There was another guy who was constantly trying to start fights and knocked my PC off about 20 times trying to get me to swing first.

Don't talk to black people below E5 unless you absolutely have to. Because I promise they will be a fucking nigger.
>>
So how true is the
>get home from deployment and buy a literbike then maim themselves in a horrible accident
meme?
>>
>>29600507
My uncle-"Sure, my time in the army sucked, hated all of it there was not a single second i wanted to be there, but you know what i fucking loved it"
>>
>>29607699
Thnx anon
>>
>>29606970
>>>/fit/
read the FUCKING sticky
>>
>>29605138
literally no one cares what you do, and any respect you think you'll gain by joining the military is strictly imaginary
>>
>>29607580
>the police need MRAPs because they have to clean up dead baby
>>
>>29608299
what else are you gonna mount a powerwasher to?
>>
>>29605484
How does this work? I put one in last year. Site said they would contact me.
How long until I should give up hope?
>>
>>29599750

Sounds like your neighbor was intellectually challenged.
>>
>>29608233
I don't think that's true. In a world filled with slackers, quitters, lazy little shits and retards, I want the world to know that I always had a little more to give.

It sounds really tacky I know, but I desire knowledge and greatness. I'm really tired of sitting inside my entire life with no other goal than to avoid suicide for one more miserable day
>>
>>29607966
Look I'm like 180-170lb
I walk jog and used to lift a lot years ago.
My question is if I join with 11b will I see some shit or is it too peace full now and even then would it be good for me to join the army just so they have me on file when SHTF with Isis
I want to fight and I want to volenteer for anything that gets me in active duty.
I want to make the military a real long career been my dream since befor I had ball sack hair
Shit I even have Ashley Dugan glasses!
Is it worth it? It's been my dream to serve my country forever.
I just want to know if I'll be active or would they say I'm not needed and be a pog
Pro tip I don't know what to except with the ASVAB
>>
>>29608658
Like this anon here
Putting in a little more just because you can and will
I love that quote from JFK
Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country.
I know things will be scary and rough but the disciple and skills would be worth it.
>>
>>29598213
Love driving fast, deployed to kuwait, top speed on base 25mph with 4 speedbumps at every intersection. 1 week back stateside, try to drive from Florida to Louisiana in one night doing 130mph entire time. Florida cops don't care, wave, etc. Georgia cops arrest me and 3200$ in fines. Would still do it the same way today.
>>
File: rps20160414_193926.jpg (74 KB, 599x960) Image search: [Google]
rps20160414_193926.jpg
74 KB, 599x960
>>29598260
Dude....so fucking true.

Been back over six years...still keep a knife in the shower.
>>
>>29599762
Don't speak that name! The hidden name of Satan.
>>
File: 2016-03-04_06.04.09.jpg (773 KB, 2941x725) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-04_06.04.09.jpg
773 KB, 2941x725
>>29609788

....heh, ex-wife used to think I was the only one.

Ha!
>>
>>29609788
haha nice story. did this 'reach other end of state' in x hours a few times. but mostly legal in germany. dont know why this is still legal in such a cucked country
>>
>>29603589
i go through this a lot. every day almost. doubt i can join american military because of record, and i miss what i used to do. life wasn't simple but it sucks that i got cut out so early and things are set up the way they are. i'm sure none of you would approve in any form but it was definitely exciting. i'd join military in a heartbeat if they'd let me, imo it's the only way i could validly make up for the old shit but i don't think that'll ever be in my cards. ffl would probably tell me to fuck off lol

>>29609628
>used to lift
ankgorwat r u doing
go lift
>>
File: saltyyy.jpg (23 KB, 336x448) Image search: [Google]
saltyyy.jpg
23 KB, 336x448
>>29607676
>>
>>29601827
Tough through the needles if you really want to join. Last shot I got gave me a seizure from the anxiety, but the shot gif done.

Blood phobia, exposure therapy, can't remember actual name. Just expose yourself to blood more and more until you brain finally stops being an ass. Those gore threads though. Started forcing myself to watch horrifying stuff more and more before enlisting to desensitize. That feel when other airmen can't handle seeing videos of convoy ieds on a screen and get "PTSD" from CST.
>>
walk down street couldn't stop searching and scanning.

First night back friend takes me to a fucking Turkish restaurant with a Belly dancer yeah just what I want to see. How about a Burger you dick.

Go to mall to buy new threads and I am not enjoying the crowds.

Nearly wreck my car when I see trash in the road (IED).
>>
>>29603843
Who let you waste money getting laser that young. You know your eye is still growing and is going to fuck up the surgery.
>>
File: dream_328a74046b.jpg (89 KB, 500x629) Image search: [Google]
dream_328a74046b.jpg
89 KB, 500x629
>>29603755
MDMA is very hit or miss when it comes to depression. Some people get a terrible come down and get even more depressed. Which then leads to further use, creating a vicious cycle of depression and abuse. While others take it once or twice and realize that things aren't so bad. I really would not recommend it, but it could go either way.
>>
>>29609864
Waiting for a gym member ship so I can lift like a pro
Fucking with 15 to 25 dumbells and garbage bags of water is making me feel stupid.
Is 11b worth it now ? Am I going to be in a convoy and shoot stuff?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.