[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ww1 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 220px-Vonmoltke.jpg (24 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
220px-Vonmoltke.jpg
24 KB, 220x330
Everyone loves to think what Hitler could have done to win the war. How about Von Moltke?

What would /k/ do better than him?

Hard mode: you asked your engineers for an armored tractor and they tell you it will take 5 years to put into mass production. Franz Ferdinand was just shot, Russia's mobilization is 4 weeks away

Harder mode: assume Britain WILL NOT enter the war, and US WILL NOT go to war over sunk ships.
>>
Sorry just to clarify, I meant that everyone is under the assumption that Britain/US will not interfere, and you can't convince them to the contrary.
>>
Easy
>Blitz/k/rieg France
>Have AH and Bulgaria help with the Rooskies
>>
Harder mode: assume Britain WILL NOT enter the war, and US WILL NOT go to war over sunk ships

...mate, that's easy mode. France doesn't last the first winter. People romanticize what Belgium was able to do, but the only reason Germany didn't end around them was Britain winning the race to the sea. If Britain doesn't enter, France is on its own and I don't even need to worry about blockades- though I'd wager the high seas fleet could take the French navy if I wanted.
>>
File: 400px-Maginot2.jpg (42 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
400px-Maginot2.jpg
42 KB, 400x275
>>29589909
wouldn't the Maginot line, when fully staffed at the start of the war, just butcher your advance?
>>
>>29589909
>>29590012
I don't think you understood the question.
>>
>>29589544
Well don't go through Belgium.

Take France like normal, but focus more on holding the ground gained, and letting the French thrash themselves against your defenses and take the heavy losses. Start negotiations to try and make peace with France ASAP and to try to appear like you're not planning on taking all of europe.

Send more officers to the Austrians, and Hungarians to supervise.

Do Russia about the same. See if you can't ally her client states against her.

Try to convince Sweden to join up.

I'm just throwing shit and seeing what will stick. If it doesn't make sense it's because I'm kinda drunk.
>>
>>29590376
I'm sure if the Verdun plans were carried out correctly, France would have butchered themselves attacking. That plan could work. Provided every officer is told they will be shot if they overextend their offensive.
>>
>>29590397
The whole offensive terrifies me to think about
>>
not joining this war would have been the smartest move
>>
>>29589544
the thing about the plan they had was it almost worked, only the german 1st and 2nd armies commanders didn't have the balls to push round paris, AS THEY WERE MEANT TO. this meant the allied counterattack took them in the flank and forced them back.
>>
>>29589981
This also allows you to execute Lenin instead of sending him back to Russia, thus preventing the rise of the Soviet Onion.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.