[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only people who like 9mm are people who've never been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: 9mm vs. 45.png (21 KB, 620x250) Image search: [Google]
9mm vs. 45.png
21 KB, 620x250
The only people who like 9mm are people who've never been in a real gunfight.
>inb4 you ask why the military and police use it
Because their caliber selection is made by pencil-pushers. The soldiers and cops who have been in real gunfights prefer 45 ACP.
>inb4 muh shot placement
Implying you can expect pinpoint shot placement in a real gunfight.
>inb4 muh capacity
You'll run out of ammo faster when you have to shoot twice as much to get a kill. Besides, if you're that anxious about capacity, you're probably using spray and pray marksmanship anyhow.
>inb4 muh cheap ammo
Implying you're going to worry about ammo prices during a gunfight.

9mm is a range toy. 45 ACP is a true self-defense pistol
>>
>>29579123
I like 9mm and I'm a former 11B who's been in a real gunfight. One-shot stop is a meme that needs to die.
>>
Obvious trole is obvious

>inb4 muh shot placement
>implying you can expect pinpoint shot placement in a real gunfight

>implying that, if shot placement doesn't matter, .093 of an inch difference in diameter will somehow give .45 an edge
>implying greater capacity 9mm doesn't allow for more chance of a vital-striking shot

Here is your (You) feel free to kill yourself. A single .45 should do the trick.
>>
>>29579136
Stolen valor detected. Even if you are a former 11B who was in a real gunfight, the chances are very slim that you used a pistol. Modern soldiers rarely do. The chances are even slimmer that you got a one shot kill with a 9mm.
>>
Modern hollow points make .45 and 9mm expansion pretty damn close. You get more fps and ammo with a 9mm tho.
>>
File: strawman.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
strawman.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>29579162
You 9mm lovers always accuse us 45 guys of saying shot placement doesn't matter. That's not what I said. Nobody has ever said that.

And yes, that diameter makes a huge difference in terminal ballistics because it nearly doubles the mass of the bullet.

>implying greater capacity 9mm doesn't allow for more chance of a vital-striking shot
Spray and pray detected.
>>
>Pretending to be retarded
>Not using 10mm, .357, or .44 magnum if you're actively trying to down someone with a single round
>>
>>29579185
45 ACP is significantly bigger than 9mm before and after expanding.
>You get more fps and ammo with a 9mm tho
And you get even more with a 22 magnum.
>>
>>29579201
OP here. 10mm is actually pretty good, and I confess to owning both a 357 and 44 magnum, but I wouldn't use the latter for self-defense except against bears.
>>
File: hst.jpg (194 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
hst.jpg
194 KB, 1024x724
>>29579206
>significantly
>>
>>29579192
>mass is somehow relevant in any way
>kinetic energy is a measure of ONE HALF MASS and VELOCITY SQUARED

A 150gr .308 bullet smaller than both a 9mm and .45 has better terminal ballistics than both, and yet it is a needledick comparatively. I'd like you to explain how, now that your argument about terminal ballistics has been nullfied (if you can't into math, go look at gelatin tests, 9mm JHP's have no problem penetrating 12-18", and are more than capable of passing heavy denim tests as well) why don't you tell me how, if you aren't saying shot placement doesn't matter, having less .45 is a good thing when "you can't expect pinpoint shot placement in a gunfight"

>inb4 I am not OP!1dur ur dumb I didn't say that!!!xd
>>
>>29579123
If you don't think that all handgun rounds are underpowered and don't do similar tissue damage you're fucking retarded. Stop playing supreme overlord because you bought a 45
>>
>>29579228

>simplifying ballistics this much

>mass is somehow relevant in any way

Hey guys check out my new 1 gram projectile at 10,000 fps
>>
>>29579215

>I want to kill someone with a single shot
>Spray and pray is bad

Why not load super hot .460+ magnum rounds out of a super red hawk or something? You'll have six whole chances to hit your target and there's no way he won't be incapacitated with a single CoM shot.
>>
>>29579123
I prefer 45acp because in a ban state where I can literally only have so many boolets in a mag, I prefer bigger ones.

If I was in a free state id pick more "smaller" boolets over less "bigger" ones.

17rounds of nig repellent instead of 7 is pretty straightforward
>>
>>29579222
>>29579239
Look at ballistic gel. 45 ACP generates significantly bigger wound channels.
>>29579242
muh eargesplitten loudenboomer
>>
>>29579246
Because recoil.
>>
>>29579242
>And yes, that diameter makes a huge difference in terminal ballistics because it nearly doubles the mass of the bullet.

.243 Winchester fires bullets between 55 and 105 grains in typical factory loadings. It is less than half the mass of a typical, 230gr .45 ACP FMJ and yet it will kill you in one shot no problem, despite being almost half the weight and diameter of a .45. And somehow, despite your above statement, I am somehow oversimplifying ballistics?
>>
>>29579269

>Needing more than 1 shot
>Relying on follow up shots
>Recoil even being a factor
>Bothering to even keep more than 1 round in the cylinder

Spray and pray detected. I bet you can't even quickscope.
>>
>>29579259
>generates significantly bigger wound channels
give us numbers.
>>
>>29579259
>look mah wound channel through an arm hitting no vital organs !
>but duh small 9mm wound channel through the heart doesn't matter becud he sprayed and prayed and it's a a smaller wound channel
>well u can't expect pinpoint accuracy in a gun fight so yeah I mean what you expect all 7 of my shots to hit a vital organ
>durr butt 9'm stil dundy count because that was his 10bullet!!!!!XD Glaknade meme too
>m-muh metal
>>
>>29579290
You just gave yourself up. Had me going for a while there.
>>
>>29579123
>The only people who like 9mm are people who've never been in a real gunfight.

So, people like you?
>>
>>29579303

>The capacity advantage is meaningless because you are less accurate for needing it
>Accuracy is key
>Power and mass is key

Again, why would you ever need more than a single round. I EDC a SBS single shot 10 gauge loaded with a single deer slug.
>>
Friend of mine who's an ex army ranger was telling something similar. Not talking up .45 but just how inadequete 9mm was.
>>
>>29579242
Not that anon, but your hyperbole is misplaced, because its' not wrong and therefore doesn't serve to ridicule your opponent's position. The greatest killer on the battlefield is artillery and we know from past wars that a piece of metal as light as 50 milligrams (that's less than 1 grain) can be fatal if it hits the right spot.
>>
>>29579319
>look I am still memeing lol
>>
>>29579242
>Hey guys check out my new 1 gram projectile at 10,000 fps
>15 grains at Mach 9
>close to 5000 J

You do realize that would absolutely fucking liquify your internals, right?
>>
>>29579336
Well he's right, all pistol rounds are weaksauce anemic things, especially FMJ -- which the military uses.
>>
>>29579123
Fuck off, .45 ACP shill.
>>
>>29579123
>created with didyoumean-generator.com

Insecure much, .45 fag?
>>
>>29579172
your post never specified he had to use the 9mm in the gunfight, just that the person liking 9mm had to have been in a gunfight.
>>
Is there a name for the psychological disorder OP has for starting threads like these?
>>
>>29579123
>Because their caliber selection is made by pencil-pushers. The soldiers and cops who have been in real gunfights prefer 45 ACP.
But weren't they issued .45 ACP before? Wasn't the decision made by pencil-pushers?
>>
>>29579466

An assortment of cognitive biases, namely confirmation bias, post-purchase rationalization, kettle logic and the like.
>>
File: because short and weak.png (101 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
because short and weak.png
101 KB, 460x307
Hey Faggots,

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the shooting team, and starter on my 3 gun team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot gun (She just mag dumped; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my target.
>>
File: pistol rounds.jpg (1 MB, 2199x1759) Image search: [Google]
pistol rounds.jpg
1 MB, 2199x1759
i'll just leave this here
>>
>>29579297
what is the bracchial artery?
>>
>>29579552
Lol bro u win .45 confirmed for better
>>
File: orange juice.jpg (19 KB, 265x354) Image search: [Google]
orange juice.jpg
19 KB, 265x354
another one of these threads? ok ill compare apples to oranges all day then. i like oranges more than apples because ive always like fruit with a bit of a bite. orange goes good with nearly anything.
>>
357 sig master race here. calibar wars _bore_ me.
>>
>>29579617
dude I fucking love orange juice
I would cum into a pitcher of orange juice and then drink it just because I love it so much
>>
>>29579652

>Not .460 rowland for maximum snowflake
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
>carrying .45
>not carrying 40mm

You don't even have to hit the motherfucker! The resulting blast will turn Jerome into jelly.
>>
9x18 subsonic masterrace coming through, CHOOO-CHOOOO
>>
>>29579123
>Black Powder Ranger fired 8 times
>hit 5 people
>killed none

Say what you want, but we have honest to god evidence right there
>>
>getting in a gunfight with less than .408 CheyTac

CODkiddies detected
>>
>>29579123
That watermark in the image seems legit
>>
>>29579123
>.45 ACP one shot kill

kek
e
k

http://www.guns.com/2016/04/01/footage-shows-undercover-cop-shot-8-times-by-fellow-officer-video/

>magdump of .45 into undercover cop
>.45 stronk hits multiple vital organs, guy is still conscious and coherent enough to answer questions afterwards
>survives to sue the city for $6.5
>>
File: KIMG0084.jpg (4 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0084.jpg
4 MB, 3264x1836
>>29579123
>current year
>not carrying a Deagle brand Deagle in .50AE
>.50 300 grain hollow point at 1500 fps
It's like you want to die.
>>
>>29579812
$6.5 isn't very much for a lawsuit
>>
>>29579818

They ruined his shirt so he made them pay for it.
>>
>>29579824
that's a cheap shirt
I suppose if you're trying to play off as a drug dealer it makes sense though
>>
So wait
You're saying you should use a gun with less capacity because you'll hit less shots than normal in a firefight?
>>
File: 1388972300348.png (66 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
1388972300348.png
66 KB, 200x201
Honestly .45 is just better to shoot people with.

It's just bigger. Would you rather get shot by a 9mm or a .45acp? I'll take the nine every time, but that's just me. But nine is great fun at the range or for a carry gun.

>mfw finally repliying to eternal troll 9vs45 thread
>>
>>29579728
>40mm derringer

Fund it.
>>
File: smile.gif (1 MB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
1 MB, 177x177
this is fucking retarded.

9mm and .45 fags should just fucking bone each other already.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.