[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanting To Start A Business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 78ZAme0.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
78ZAme0.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3264
Hey there, /k/omrades. I've been wanting to get into some sort of line of work involving firearms for a long time. I tried the military (disqualified due to medical reasons), police (no positions available whatsoever), and every LGS and range in my area, but all to no avail.

I was thinking about how it might be possible to start my own business making guns. I know that my grandfather did it, though I think he bought kits and put them together.

Here's the thing. I literaly have no idea how I would go about starting such an endeavor, other than knowing I would most likely require an FFL in order to do it full time.

Can I get any solid advice regarding this? I'd appreciate it. I'm in Florida, by the way, if that makes things more specific.
>>
>>29577704
wait so you want a business putting kits together?
>>
>>29577704
Have you tried the ATF?
>>
>>29577762
Well, not exactly sure. That's what good ol grandpappy did. I might want to go about learning how to machine shit, if I'm able.
>>
>>29577776
because in this day and age you are not gonna be able to make a profit off just building kits and ars and shit. Learning to machine is the way to go.
>>
>>29577704
>>29577776
You're going to need at least 20 grand to start out at minimum.
>>
>>29577770
I realize I could learn most of the legal bits from the ATF, that's not the issue.

>>29577787
This is the issue. I have no experience with machining. Don't know where I'd go to learn it. But I want to learn somehow.

>>29577793
Any basis for that number, please?
>>
>>29577829
>Any basis for that number, please?
You need to rent out a space for doing shit.

You need to buy machining tools which are really fucking expensive, like really fucking expensive.

You need to apply for a Type 10 FFL.

You're going to need raw materials and various equipment to start producing weapons.

If you want to make a good profit you'll need to hire at least two people assuming you pay them minimum wage you'll need to start breaking even within a few months or you'll lose money.
>>
>>29577829
>I realize I could learn most of the legal bits from the ATF, that's not the issue.
Nah man I meant have you applied to work for the ATF. It's like LE but more cushy and you get to shoot dogs.
>>
>>29577890
>>29577879
Well, I can't say that I didn't expect a lot of overhead. I was thinking of taking out a mortgage on my home, since it's paid off.

>>29577890
Don't you need law enforcement experience for that?
>>
>>29577879
>You need to apply for a Type 10 FFL
You mean an 07? Type 10 is for manufacturing destructive devices. An 07/02 FFL/SOT will get you anywhere you need to be in the civilian and/or LE manufacturing world. You can make machine guns, suppressors, SBS, SBR, AOW, or whatever other NFA items you wish, except for DDs, which are a pain in the dick, anyway.
>>
>>29577925
I heard that it might be difficult to obtain one, though I'm not 100% confident in the person who told me that.
>>
>>29578005
It's going to be easier to get an 07 than a 10. If your primary purpose is gunsmithing, the ATF won't give a shit. Getting an SOT after your FFL is as easy as sending in a form with a check.
>>
>>29578051
Alright. Would anybody happen to know how I could learn the craft of gunsmithing? Pretty sure it's not something offered by most technical schools.
>>
>>29577704
You could go the route Im planning on and focus on gear and accessories. There is a better market for custom fitting and modifying LBE, carriers, pouches and such. Or outright making some from scratch. Working on tool roll up bags right now but I just got the material for a chest rig then ran out of heavy thread.

We have these threads a lot and it never turns out promising. Gun smithing isn't a lucrative business but is a great hobby.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.