[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lead Exposure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: s13.jpg (141 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
s13.jpg
141 KB, 1000x1000
Alright /k/ we've never had this thread before (that i know of) us funs owners are exposed to lead quite often. How much of a health concern is lead when shooting guns? How does it enter the body? Has anyone here experienced bad lead poisoning or anything of the sort? Are us fun owners really at risk or not really?
>>
>>29574281
Don't eat it or lick it. Don't handle it when you you have open cuts or wounds. You should be fine
>>
As long as you wash your hands before eating and use jacketed rounds you should be fine.
>>
>>29574281

people used to smear lead all over their faces and drink from lead pints, water that was retrieved through lead pipes. And they were pretty much fine.
>>
Don't lick, suck on, or consume your bullets.

Wait until after your done at the range to eat your $5 footlong or drink your Mountain Dew.

Don't shoot in unventilate areas, such as your garage or basement.

It's really that easy not to get lead poisoning. You are at a greater risk of your water supply getting contaminated with lead.
>>
>>29574314
>>29574323
>>29574324
So as long as it isn't ingested its not a threat?
>>
>>29574368
Yes.
>>
>>29574281
My BLL is 11...
>>
>>29574397
God damn son that's pretty high. Where do you go to check that shit?
>>
>>29574445
Some random place my work paid for. I'm an rso.
>>
>>29574486
Indoor I assume?
>>
Metallic lead is safe as fuck to handle due to the thin layer of oxide instantly forming on any lead surface.
Even if you ate a chunk you'd just shit it out with no harm to your body. People eat birds shot with lead pellets in them all the time.
The real danger is when lead gets a way into your system in a salt or particle form such as leaded paints, lead additives in fuels or other stuff like that.
Still, don't rub it on your skin, swallow or snort it.
>>
>>29574625
>Still, don't rub it on your skin, swallow or snort it.

FUCK. There goes my evening plans.
>>
Yea, it's indoor. But it's a cool gig, so whatevs
>>
Literally not a problem. I know people that cast lead bullets who have sub average lead levels.

Just wash your hands after you shoot or handload. Do not put lead covered fingers in eyes, mouth, or bum bum.

Mission accomplished.
>>
>>29574281

Every electrical cord from outdoor power cords to the power cord to your phone and computer is lead exposure.

I think most of us has handled electronics more than we have handled guns and ammo and yet here we are.

It's easy to avoid lead poisoning by simply not eating, drinking or inhaling the lead directly.

If Prop 65 warning labels are anything to go on, almost everything on this planet, even without lead will some how cause cancer and birth defects.

Just wash your hands, better yet, take a full shower after coming home from the range before eating.
>>
>>29574625
This.

It's the fine powdered dust that's dangerous so don't be like Deadpool and inhale the smoke coming out of your recently fired barrels.
>>
>>29574914
Don't forget vagoos.

Girls get turned on by shooting guns and want to immediately play with their va jay va jay's but you need to discipline them and tell them to clean up first.
>>
>>29574368
you ate a bullet didn't you
>>
>>29574281
Lead exposure is waay more dangerous to children & their brain development than mature adults.

Keep kids away from the reloading bench or at least have them wash their hands before they eat or pick their noses
>>
>>29574281
Your health is much more at risk due to xenoestrogen exposure. that shit is in/on everything today.

If youre concerned wear gloves when you clean your guns and a surgical mask, when you shoot them too.
>>
>>29575930
Were having that thread again huh?
>>
File: Pellet1920-12001.jpg (381 KB, 1615x1010) Image search: [Google]
Pellet1920-12001.jpg
381 KB, 1615x1010
>tfw airgun indoor shooter
>shooting gallery ventilation has been broken since forever

I'm scared.
>>
>>29577408
>airsoft fags will all die of cancer
I love it.
>>
Always wash your hands after using the range.
>>
>>29577426
There's a big difference between airguns and airsoft guns...
>>
>>29577426
>>29577426
Airsoft contains plastic pellets retardmouth, Airguns shoot lead or copper plated lead, since you don't have either or real guns, it's an easy mistake to make. But since you don't know the first thing about something you (supposedly) hate, that's expected.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.