[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket pistols part deux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160411_161948.jpg (2 MB, 3926x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_161948.jpg
2 MB, 3926x2340
Hey /k/ommandos. so just in case anyone cared... after the advice and some research yesterday I just picked up the (pictured) above. so far happy with it. I doubt I'll make it to the range today. but sometime this week. also have a screw on belt clip thingy on its way, fuck yea Amazon prime.

Thanks for the help. you guys are only sort of the worst people in the world sometimes.
>>
Well, fine then, screw you guys.
>>
File: 20160211_094849.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160211_094849.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>
>>29575149
hey, samsies!

want to go get a milkshake?
>>
Is the lcp the go-to pocket pistol? Due to being a student I would prefer something very concealable as I do not want people knowing I have it.

No I would not carry on campus its fine for me to have it. My roommate has a full size xd. I just need. Maximum concealability in my room and my body now.
>>
>>29575422
why would you buy a shitty little pistol if you are not going to carry it?
buy a full size or GTFO
also, anyone have a p239? how do you like it
>>
>>29575422
OP here, I don't know if it's the go to or not. but I finger fucked a lot at the LGS today, and it was my choice.

>>29575444
I handles a p239 today, it was too big for what I'm looking for. I also really liked the 938 nightmare. The counter bro was shilling pretty hard for it. I wanted to like it. But I don't want to pay for features I don't need. Also, the price point was a touch high for a gun I plan to carry sporadically.
I was really torn between the LCP and LC9. But if I was going to get an LC9, then I would have gotten the one with the crimson trace. And If I'm doing that, I may as well just carry my XD-s in my pocket. so I sucked it up and went with the LCP.
>>
>>29575444
I am going to carry it

I just can't on campus

Therefore when I'm out and about I'll have it
>>
>>29575499
Thanks for the responce and I was a bit curious about the mini sigs as well.

To the other guy sorry I wasn't as clear about my intentions. My noble is dhit and its hard to see things.
>>
>>29572112
How about the cw 380?
>>
>>29576498
He only had one khar. and by the time I would have looked at it I knew I was sold on the lcp. not sure which one it was.
>>
File: 1435700872189-2.jpg (28 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1435700872189-2.jpg
28 KB, 576x432
>>29575444
Aren't all Sig frames/slides interchangeable?

I want the longest slide on a subcompact frame.
>>
>>29572112

>you guys are only sort of the worst people in the world sometimes

You should have gotten the custom its got a better trigger and sites for an extra $20. Also I hate, the color you chose.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gun ownership. Remember to buy some hollow points for your defensive load in addition to the cheap stuff for target shooting.
>>
>>29575422

>Is the lcp the go-to pocket pistol?

Its DAO only; but its easy to use, its affordable, it weighs nothing and its very small. If conceal-ability is your priority its a good choice.

Again you might want to consider paying a little extra for the custom since it has a considerably better trigger and sites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnppTK6PWk
>>
File: 1453212181268.jpg (335 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1453212181268.jpg
335 KB, 1024x681
>>29577357

>You should have gotten the custom its got a better trigger and sites for an extra $20.
He didn't have one. I'm not sure if it would make a difference. I'm really only buying this as a distant 3rd carry option for when I'm either beach going or wearing gym clothes in the summer.

>Also I hate, the color you chose.
I really dig the color. But I have a strange and long history with owning a ton of pink things. IT fits very well.

>Welcome to the wonderful world of gun ownership.
Thanks, proud member since like 1988.

>Remember to buy some hollow points for your defensive load in addition to the cheap stuff for target shooting.
I carry critical defense in my other carry weapons. But the research would point to hollowpoints not really performing in .380. (this is my first .380) I've seen a fer ammo tests with some snowflake super special rounds that seem to be the best option. Hollow points really seem to lose power around 9-10 inches.
>>
>>29578008

Ahhh, sorry for treating you like a greenie.

If making it as light and concealable as possible is all you really care about then the standard is a little more slim anyway (since the sites don't stick out as much). Its really made for situations under 10 yards anyway, so like you said the accuracy isn't really an issue.

The custom would just be a little more enjoyable for target practice really.
>>
>>29578008

I agree with you on the fmj 380 vs hollow point thing.

I'd also probably recommend the custom over the regular but then you wouldn't have been able to get it in pink and you probably saved money getting the original version anyway.

I don't own any pink guns but I do like how some of the hot pink on black guns look, especially like the Sig Mosquito.
>>
>>29578133
Yeah. no sweat. I wasn't trying to be snarky about it. you just have to prepare yourself for possible flame wars at all times.

I honestly didn't know a special existed and it sounds cool. It's not what I'm looking for here. but it's neat. if my wife ever gets off her ass and gets her ccw, I may gift her this lcp and look into it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.