[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I know /k/ hates all things CZ, but am I the only one who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: CZ-805-223-BREN.jpg (58 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
CZ-805-223-BREN.jpg
58 KB, 600x399
so I know /k/ hates all things CZ, but am I the only one who kind of wants the Bren? I mean, it's going to be around $2000, but for some stupid reason, I keep thinking they'll release a .308 version if things go well and it'll pretty much be a cheaper priced SCAR17.

Am I crazy?
>>
>>29567500
should be cool as long as the the ATF doesn't come up with some gay bullshit like they did with the galil ace
>>
>>29567500
I've heard bad things about the bren's from quite a few Czech posters honestly, to the point where you wonder why they didn't just make a modernized VZ-58 in 5.56.
Supposedly the SCAR was also in the running to replace the VZ but only lost due to politics.
>>
>>29567511
what were some of the bad things?

I mean, I'm not blindly in love with the bren, it's new as fuck and issues are guaranteed to show.
>>
>>29567516
If I remember correctly it was quite fragile, just dropping it would cause some parts (I think the magwell) to crack.
I'm sure someone else remembers what it was, all I really remember is a bunch of Czechs shit talking it.
>>
>>29567520
well. We'll soon have confirmation when they hit stateside with the S1 semi-auto version.
>>
>>29567507
that was IWI's fault for PUTTING A FUCKING PIN FOR AN AUTO SEAR IN THE RECEIVER

IWI fucked up and the ATF caught it

Overall I like the bren, if you can find a pistol version, go buy it, SBR it, and enjoy, Zhukov stock adapters are coming out (soon) so you dont have to use the CZ stock

I plan on buying a bren pretty soon, less expensive than the SCAR and in terms of looks and function I prefer the bren
>>
>>29567597
I definitely like the bren in terms of aesthetic. Also the apparent smoothness in shooting- Watched MAC's video on the bren a while back and it looked great, especially in full-giggle. Wew lad.

Speaking of IWI and MAC, anyone see his newest shilling on the x95?
Not to derail, but I like the new version much more than the Tavor... Not that I'd probably ever buy either one.
>>
Played with one of the pistols, it was hella smooth but the bho is retarded
>>
>>29567516

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/10/12/cz-announces-cz-806-bren-2-improved-modular-assault-rifle/

805 was a bad rifle.

806 is supposed to correct it, but hey, you could say that about a bunch of other rifles that get little testing before adoption.

There's a reason countries piggy back off the US's testing.
>>
>>29567932
Too bad CZ won't import them into the US anytime soon.
>>
>>29567500
i want it in .308
>>
>>29567619
I just want an x95 in original configuration, not with the gay commercial handguards.
>>
>/k/ hates all things CZ

Since when?
>>
>>29569853
it's a meme, a few samefags will shit on it trying to make it seem like /k/ hates czs
>>
>>29569853
contrarians gonna contrary
tis the way of 4chan
>>
>>29569838
Wait a few months, then pay the NFA tax stamp.
>>
>>29567597
No they didn't. The ATF approved it for import with the pin. Once it hit the web the junior g men started the OMG IT GOT A PIN!!11!! and IWI decided to remove it from the market. The recall happened with ZERO ATF input.
>>
File: 1360863097.jpg (124 KB, 816x1036) Image search: [Google]
1360863097.jpg
124 KB, 816x1036
>>29569877
they would have to release a new pistol grip, rail system, and hand-guard system, and new shorter recoil pad for SBRs.

If only they had just done it right from the begining and just had a 16" barrel with the extended butt for the 26" overall length requirement, so all we would have to do is cut the barrel and replace the pad to have it in military config.
>>
>>29569912
not true, the original sample sent to the ATF didn't have a pin, the original dealer models didn't have a pin, but when commercial production ramped up, IWI made a mistake in the tooling for mass producing and built them all with the auto sear hole and pin installed.
>>
only really worthwhile weapons from CZ are the original CZ75, vz58 and cz452.
This new Bren looks just as shitty as the first one. An extremely costly failure
>>
>>29567500
Yes you are an idiot.
Out of all the amazing weapons they made and you chose to hate you chose the one rifle they made that sucks dicks.
>>
>>29569967
Vz 82 and Vz 61 are pretty rad too.
>>
Looks really great, I think. I just hope CZ can make a version that won't be deemed too easy to convert to full auto for us northern apes.
>>
>>29569950
They're already making the conventional handguard pistol grips, so all they have to make is the shorter receiver and maybe the foreend. They could probably import the flat butt plates from Israel.
>>
>>29569963
Kassnar says you're wrong. The 7.62x39 ACE pistols were submitted and approved with 3 pins. The 7.62 NATO ACE had 2 pins from the get go so it wasn't caught up in the recall.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.