[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on the Daniel Defense DDM4 V11? How does DD compare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: v11_r.jpg (132 KB, 2000x800) Image search: [Google]
v11_r.jpg
132 KB, 2000x800
Opinions on the Daniel Defense DDM4 V11?

How does DD compare to BCM or Noveske for instance?

Is it true that DD is the only producer with its own cold hammer forging machine for barrels?
>>
I was considering this rifle, but I picked up an sr-15 instead
I'd rather have BCM honestly, but they are all great rifles.
I think Noveske is overpriced for what they offer, but I think maybe their barrels are good?
What are you looking to spend?
>>
>>29567197
>Barrels
Kreiger, PacNor, Lilja for stainless
FN for Chrome line

>Upper
Aeroprecision M4E1

>BCG
Phosphate

>Trigger
Geissele
ALG if poor
Mil-spec w/ JP springs if more poor

Anything else is maximum meme status
>>
>>29567284
>Kreiger, PacNor, Lilja for stainless
>FN for Chrome line

Which of these are button-rifled and which are hammer forged?

>BCG
>Phosphate
Pretty sure I care more about individual particle testing and whatnot than I do about the finish.
>>
>>29567284
Have fun with your amazing resell
>>
>>29567301
>durr why would u buy da new mursadees omg da depreciashun when u drive it off da LOt omg11!!one XD

Perhaps not everyone has to consider the resale value, particular of something that will be used a lot instead of sitting under the bed in mummy's basement you dumb faggot
>>
>>29567329
>not buying new guns every year
>>
>>29567197
The big thing about DD is their focus on making their rifles as light as possible with very tight tolerances. Everyone I've spoken to who has one is very pleased with it, but they admit it's very expensive for what it is. You buy a DD if you want a top-notch ar with super-light and rigid components. I've really haven't come across any other folks buying one for any other reason.
>>
I just don't see why you would buy a DD when you can grab a BCM upper and a cheaper lower and save money, just my opinion though
>>
>>29567343
>but they admit it's very expensive for what it is
Lmao.

The MSRP on the rifle in the OP is 1,599 dollars.
Wanna know what the exact same rifle costs in Europe?
3,130 dollars.
>>
>>29567376
That's cause Europeans like to be queer
>>
>>29567383
Well the upside is that an original Cold full-auto M16 A1 costs only 1,000 Euros.
If you have a collector's licence that is.
>>
>>29567391
>Cold
Colt
>>
>>29567391
Can you go out into your yard and shoot it?
>>
>>29567376
>hey guys let's compare prices and currencies in an arbitrary way with no basis for any sort of meaningful analysis behind them

Is it for some reason, in any way useful to know how much an obscure weapon imported in limited quantities to whatever gay European country you live in is in fact expensive? Guess what retard, gas is like 25 cents per gallon in Saudi Arabia, it's $2.13 cents in Washington state. Since I live in Washington, guess what literally does not fucking matter to me? The price that Saudis pay for gas (it used to be free for them).
>>
>>29567430
>being this mad at 1 am
>>
>>29567430
It's amazing to me that you somehow feel offended.
>>
>>29567413
If nobody found out, sure.
>>
>>29567440
>>29567441
>haha lol
>mad!!11oneXD

Have an upvote
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>29567339

>not being able to enjoy what you bought

>being so indecisive you never keep your guns longer than a year

>not keeping what you already have and buying new shit instead of having to sell something to be something new

Top pip
>>
>>29567284

What's your opinion on BHW barrels?
>>
>>29567197
I have one. I am delighted with it. Light, and tight.

And the rails go on forever.
>>
Ridiculously light. 1 moa accurate. Cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel. Great customer service. DD is one of the best in the business.
>>
File: IMAG0011.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0011.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>29568129
Forgot pic.
>>
>>29567284
I thought FNs civie ARs sucked. Is this not the case?
>>
>>29567197
bretty gud
>>
>>29567787
>top pip
i like what I'm seeing
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.