[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who would be a better soldier? I've heard that smaller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24
File: ZVTbKMO.jpg (314 KB, 1839x1101) Image search: [Google]
ZVTbKMO.jpg
314 KB, 1839x1101
So who would be a better soldier?

I've heard that smaller quicker reacting people can take cover more effectively leading to a higher survival rate, but I've also heard that large people are way more resistant to shock and bloodloss.
>>
>>29567158
Yes, both, intermixed, like real human beings.

Also everything you said is bullshit, kill yourself.
>>
>>29567158
Ive also seen statistics that in the soviet army larger men died first while in the SS and to a lesser extent the wehrmacht larger men survived better.

I'll find them and post them eventually
>>
>>29567158

Definitely the guy on the left. It's not realistic to maintain the level of muscle mass you see on the right while on deployment.
>>
>>29567163
I'm guessing it just happened to be whoever was the better soldier survived, regardless of body size/composition.
>>
>>29567162
>implying being able to take cover quickly isn't an advantage
>ImplYing being a small target isn't an advantage

Skirmishers in napoleonic warfare were small for a reason, to be able to take cove r easier especially in the woods and to present a smaller target

Meanwhile grenadiers were larger for impact during a bayonet charge, and yes to an extent extra resistance to damage
>>
>>29567167
http://m.humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/11/3002.full

More coming
>>
>>29567165

is that because you're always hungry and hiking around?
>>
>>29567194

Let's just say the military stresses cardio more than lifting.
>>
>>29567177
>Skirmishers in napoleonic warfare were small for a reason
>Meanwhile grenadiers were larger for impact during a bayonet charge
Yamon you got it let's use old and useless standards that haven't been used in 200 somethin years to recruit our guys. Let's drop everything we do today, like, teaching proper cover and concealment tactics and stuff regardless of your body type, fuck that noise, NAPOLEONIC TAKEKS STRONK
>>
>>29567165
My platoon would like a word with you.

Then again, 90% of them were on gear the whole deployment... so...
>>
>>29567214
You said everything I said was vs and o provided an example of their effects. Smaller soldiers also had a better time in cover in ww1, vietnam, and assuming our world still has 3 dimensions, the middle east.

Biology/physics hasn't changed fag
>>
>>29567234
Bs *

And i*
>>
>>29567234
You realize that, like the human body, cover isn't just some natural occurrence that's JUST large enough for smaller guys you know? Literally the only way smaller people would have more of an advantage, is if the cover occurred in this way. Which it doesn't, so you know, it's full of shit.

Sounds good on paper, real world application it offers no benefit.
>>
>>29567214
http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/04/06/taller_soldiers_live_longer_how_sex_makes_men_impatient_and_more/

https://www.quora.com/Do-tall-soldiers-have-an-advantage-during-war-Have-countries-with-people-of-tall-stature-benefited-from-such-height-advantages

http://www.milsf.com/firefight-dynamics/

BTW would you mind telling me if your. A lanklet or a manlet so I know what memes to spam when you reply to me again
>>
>>29567250
Forget cover than, shorter guys stand out less and have less total frontal area by a significant amount
>>
>>29567158
i've heard you're a faggot and you like anal cock.
>>
>>29567194

Look at pictures of soldiers in a warzone. How many big guys (insert bane joke here) do you see? Not many. And when you do see one, 9/10 he's a POG.
>>
Soldiers are usually lean because they have to carry their gear additionally to their own weight. If you look at SF or foreign legion, they are all basically sticks.
>>
>>29567277
No idea what you were trying to go for mate. My point was literally that saying he was bullshit for saying smaller soldiers take cover effectively which makes them more likely to survive, and larger people are more resistant to shock and bloodloss lol. Thanks for backing me up? Nice sources btw, especially love the one titled MILITARY SCIENCE FICTION, that's a good one, clap clap.

>>29567292
Again, looks good on paper but when you're aiming center of mass anyway and soldiers are most likely to die when caught in the open, it doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>29567305
Well I mean how many short guys do you see? Punnet squares for height are massive so you could see why it is rare to be tall.
>>
File: YXOpEFc.jpg (436 KB, 1847x1198) Image search: [Google]
YXOpEFc.jpg
436 KB, 1847x1198
>>29567304
>>
File: A80iIf4.jpg (108 KB, 470x842) Image search: [Google]
A80iIf4.jpg
108 KB, 470x842
>>29567326

It's much more common than you'd imagine.
>>
>>29567305

I was mostly joking, but I am imaging a hypothetical where some gigantic powerlifter is deployed for a length of time and also trying to maintain his body.

I'm wondering if such a thing would ever be possible.
>>
>>29567367

There are definitely guys that do it, but they're POG's and they use steroids. It's not the "ideal" soldier.
>>
>>29567158
Neither of those are good, they're both extremes.

Left is mr. no water in his body. He's ripped but it's not healthy. Right is the winner of a strong man competition, but all that muscle is extra weight that his back and knees have to endure.

Ideal soldier fitness is endurance focused. You only need to be so strong to do what is required of you, everything beyond that is staying power.
>>
>>29567177

Relying on "Napoleon Total War" tutorials as a resource.
>>
First you have to carefully define the assumed capabilities of each body in OP's pic.

Then you have to take a look at the guys through role-specific glasses - is the tiny guy going to haul artillery shells in a fixed position as effectively as the big guy? Does the big guy have endurance to dive and swim for 5 km and then jog 15...20 km as fast as possible to engage in a firefight without getting too fatigued?

Or is a specific role best suited for someone between those two body types?

I don't think it is so black and white - you really have to know what is supposed to be done in the field.
>>
>>29567158
Design a robot that can be both.
>>
>>29567158
The better soldier wins.
e.g Paul Howe vs. Mike Vining
>>
>>29567158
the one that isn't fat
>>
>>29567163

when it comes to extreme situations smaller stringier men survives easier than bigger thougher men. Atleast when it comes to starvation. Something that members of the 6th army found was that the big "more soldiery" men died first.

source: Anthony Beevor Stalingrad
>>
>>29567177
did you get this from a strategy game or something
>>
>>29567162
>>29567177
>>29567165
>>29567292
>>29567709

Plebs please.

The better soldier wins.

If both of the pictured figures can do the same amount of pressups/heaves, and run a mile in the same amount of minutes, that means the heavier of the two is stronger.

However, if they both squat/deadlift/pull/press the same amount of plates, that means the lighter is substantially stronger in proportion to their weight, in which case the lighter would be stronger.

The better soldier wins.

And that is why soldier come in different shapes and sizes.

But don't worry, when the military in only recruiting a very specific body type, i'm sure you'll find out by going on their site.

I think typically a body with a BMI of 31 is still acceptable in most countries.

So someone of 6ft at 104kgs would be considered fit for entry (assuming acceptable bf%)
>>
>>29567158
One on the left has an easier time with body armour
>>
>>29567789
I don't know about the claim that skirmishers were smaller, but it is true that grenadiers were chosen from the largest men.
>>
>>29567158

Left obviously. You need a lot of endurance work to be in the military. Dailiy PT runs as well. Being a fatass doesn't help. Guy on the right probably can't even do as many pullups as the left guy.
>>
"Husky" is good

Help you survive SHTF. Dumb scrawny millennialis can't outrun my ar15 anyway. Cruz 2016
>>
>>29567158
Look at the members of special forces and elite units, almost all of them are average guys, but with amazing endurance. Large guys are only good for assault teams, because they can carry lots of equipment.
>>
>>29567158

Here's an RRC soldier. You keep on believing on believing SOF wants hungry skeletons or only cares about your ability to ruck for extended periods.
>>
>>29567418
Kek
>>
>>29568081
>Husky is good
>"""Husky"""
>implying your fat ass can make it out the door of your basement
>>
>>29567158
Depends on what they're doing. Lefty makes a good scout and flanker but righty is best for hauling firepower. Ideally, you want both in a squad but if you have to choose then it depends on what kind of infantry doctrine you're working with.
>>
>>29567162
Fat has a resistance of 25 ohms. Muscle has a resistance of 13 ohms. Fuck you.
>>
File: siberian-husky5.jpg (41 KB, 480x355) Image search: [Google]
siberian-husky5.jpg
41 KB, 480x355
>>29568608
No, he means they prefer small, light, fast*, with body hair that makes clothes unnecessary in the harshest Siberian winter, and with an overflowing and unconditional love of all mankind.

*Yeah, I'm more used to greenlanders.
>>
>>29567305
Big guy for u here, can confirm I've always been the biggest dude by far when I get attached to shit and I'm the pogest pog to ever pog
>>
>>29568156
>RRC

who?

Also guarantee that dude is jacked as hell on roids
>>
>>29567158
Don't know, but I wouldn't mind both of them double teaming me.
>>
>>29568037
He would actually be proportionally as strong per pound (he would be a bit more strong per pound due to his total percentage of muscle in his bmi going up but this guy also has more fat to balance)

Also he could do a pull up with 600 lbs Robert oberst style..
>>
>>29567939

I think that was because they could throw grenades further and for a longer period of time than others.
>>
>>29567158

The left looks like he can run faster and react faster meanwhile the left is heavy and slow and would not react quick enough without a big mac in his hands and a giant drink in the other meanwhile the left id drinking water and eating a salad which likely would not have to eat as much like the right one would have to gobble down on plates after plates just to feel full
>>
>>29568794
>right

Fucking kill me
>>
>>29568794

Wrong on all counts.
Body weight has nothing to do with reaction speed.

And the guy on the left has no body fat stored up and would starve to death very quickly.
>>
>>29568633
This will surely be great information when electric weapons hit the battlefield.
>>
File: 1426824234695.jpg (419 KB, 1200x912) Image search: [Google]
1426824234695.jpg
419 KB, 1200x912
Right guy becomes left guy by the end of workup training and deployment. Also if it was winter I'd definitely want to be the right guy.
>>
>>29568849
God damn you motherfuckers are sounding like those "real women" tumble fatasses. Both would die pretty quickly due to a lack of nutrients besides calories.
>>
>>29567158
Little guys tend to get hurt less. I think it's because there's just less weight on the joints when they fall.
Manlets... annoying little shits that they are they can make good operators.
>>
>>29568923
SOLDIERS AT EVERY SIZE
>>
>>29568923

The reason body fat exists is for when animals don't get enough food that day to attain at least a net 0 calorie intake.
The guy on the left has a bodybuilder body.
Extremely low fat, and aesthetics before functionality.

He is weaker, and less survivable than the guy on the right.
Deal with it.
>>
>>29568975
However, the big guy would burn more energy trying to get nutrients than the guy on the left and would experience fatigue due to a lack of nutrients at a similar rate.

Fat body pls go.
>>
>>29568993

>However, the big guy would burn more energy trying to get nutrients than the guy on the left and would experience fatigue due to a lack of nutrients at a similar rate.
If that were true, animals with fat would all just die, and evolution would have had to come up with something better than fat.
>>
>>29568738
>Also he could do a pull up with 600 lbs Robert oberst style..

That's nice. Can he do 20+?
>>
>>29568666
>Guy with above average muscle mass
>ROIDS!

Yeah, no, probably just takes supplements with his workouts and eats a lot. You don't need steroids to look like that.
>>
File: 200w.gif (272 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
272 KB, 200x112
>>29568897
>>
>>29569022

You definitely do to get that big without being fat, and on deployment

The fuck do his pecs help him for?
>>
>>29567418
You actually got me but go on wikiPedia it says all the same shit
>>
Left. I do strongman but as much as I'd like to say being absolutely wedged and being able to log press 200kg would make you unstoppable on the battlefield, it really wouldn't. You need enough strength to carry your kit, but that maxes out at around 100lbs (significantly less for fighting order), and the necessary endurance to do it for a long time. Deadlifting 6pl8 won't do you much more favours than deadlifting 3pl8.
>>
>>29569001
Most mammals with high amounts of fat tend to live in extremely cold enviroments, such as seals of all kinds. Animals that hibernate also have to push their digestive system into overdrive to keep recycling the nutrients they need to sustain themselves along with their fat stores.

In a colder environment the guy on the right would have an advantage but in hotter enviroments his advantages hinder him severely.
>>
>>29569038

But the guy on the right has more strength and endurance.
If you actually did strongman you would realize that.
>>
>>29569022
>probably just takes supplements with his workouts
kek
that lad probably isn't natty, I'd be happy to be proven wrong but he's definitely on the fucking hyooge scale for natty lifters
>>
>>29569044
Don't strongmen work towards explosive energy rather than endurance?
>>
>>29569041

>be lion in africa
>eat lots of shit
>gain fat
>now am too inefficient to catch things to make up my calorie consumption
>malnutrition
>dead

Is this your argument?

Because if those two people were instead lions, the lion on the right would be far better off than the one on the left.
>>
>>29569044
He has a lot more strength and probably a better recovery rate, but not endurance. strongman does sweet fuck all for long distance endurance. It's very anaerobic as a sport.
>>
>>29567158
neither are realistic
>>
>>29569050
yeah, most events only last a minute or two so you don't need a lot of endurance. It certainly helps just to stop you getting gassed in rep events, pulls or carries, but there isn't a lot of carryover for tabbing apart from the fact that the weight doesn't bother you.
>>
>>29569057
That sums up my argument pretty well and even with this simplification they're at about the same point, since the lion on the right would lose a lot of the excess fat hunting, but this isn't really a good comparison since lions don't normally have an excessively high amount of fat stored.
>>
>>29567305
You mean like a WATER DOG!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>29569069
So the guy on the left would probably be more trained for endurance while the one on the right would be expending more of their energy quicker, so they'd probably die at around the same time assuming the try similar things to survive.
>>
File: jMyLchu.jpg (266 KB, 2018x1311) Image search: [Google]
jMyLchu.jpg
266 KB, 2018x1311
>>29567418
>>29567789

http://www.napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/infantry_Napoleon.html

Commit sepuku
>>
>>29569020
You never know, when you can pull 3 times your weight that has to mean you could do at least 10 - 15
>>
>>29569106
how long you can survive out in the sticks on your own isn't really relevant to combat though. Maybe if you're a special observer or something living in a small hole for two weeks, but even then I don't really see the relevance
>>
>>29569020
If you put him in 120 lbs of gear he could do more than the smaller guy
>>
>>29569113
>You never know, when you can pull 3 times your weight
Oberst weighs 400+ though, so it's not 3x his weight.
>>
>/fit/cucks
>muh fatbody
>muh natty
>muh manlets
>muh lb for lb

All you Jason Blaha tier armchair lifters should suckstart a shotgun.
>>
>>29568156
What indicated that I belive an any of that?

Also mirin
>>
>>29569121
Well endurance would be more applicable to surviving in compatible rather than explosive energy, which is why the US military puts more emphasis on endurance rather than just sprinting.
>>
>>29569022
When I first read this I thought you were talking about the right guy in ops pic, jfc.

Anyway that's not even the natty limit for the top quarter of men
>>
>>29569063
These were meant to portray to ideas not literal bodies, if I had the skills I'd have made the right a little taller and the left a little shorter.

T. Op
>>
>>29569089
Lions are permanently cut af

Like seriously highest muscle per percent of bw of any mammal
>>
>>29569135
I meant it like this, guy in pic is 250-450 depending on height

Guy can pull well in excess of oberst because he is better built for this excersise and he's got that zydrunas body type that is super fucking strong.

I mean might be seeing a 300-ish guy pulling like 5-600 ish

Which would be 900 total pounds
So three times his weight
This is assuming Absoloutley max stats though
>>
>>29569193
That makes me think that it would be near impossible for it to hunt and eat enough to be like the right guy in the wild. If it was put in captivity and fattened up to the point where it would hinder their ability to hunt it would lose fat and muscle rapidly by trying to sustain itself off of it's own nutrients and be a less efficient hunter until it scavenged enough to maintain it's normal weight.
>>
>>29569222
That makes sense

Lions probably need minimum 15 k calories a day

Probably 30k to really gain weight
>>
>>29569221
I honestly don't even believe you that Obese can do weighted pullups with 600lbs
I've googled it and can't find anything about that. He'd literally be pulling 1000lbs just using his lats and bis.
>>
>>29569239
Not oberst, no way. He can pull low 500's though.

This guy on the right in ops pic would be much stronger than him, look at the proportional differences
>>
File: Zydrunas-Savickas-log-press1.jpg (1021 KB, 2448x1632) Image search: [Google]
Zydrunas-Savickas-log-press1.jpg
1021 KB, 2448x1632
>>29569276
>This guy on the right in ops pic would be much stronger than him
the proportions in OP's pic are ridiculous though. It's like if Big Z had started taking fighting bull growth hormone when he was 7
>>
>>29569230
I think a better comparison would be something like a leopard seal. Let's say the left seal has just the bare minimum amount of fat stored to survive the cold but cam sustain a faster swim for longer but the right leopard seal can swim much faster but for a short amount of time but takes longer to recover, the one with more endurance would be able to hunt longer but the right one would probably have more successful strikes, but they also run the risk of being a more appealing prey that's easier to catch than the left one.

I suppose this could translate into the right guy being both a bigger and more threatening looking guy in a fire fight and probably drawing more fire.
>>
>>29569298
That's why I claimed he could pull up like 1000 plus pounds of total weight.

That guy on the right could square up with any non poisoneous animal of equal weight if given a rock
>>
>>29569345
Also the guy on the right could carry 300 pounds of armor no prob, it'd take a fucking 30mm to kill him geared out to his full extent.
>>
File: latest.png (287 KB, 410x800) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
287 KB, 410x800
If you're too jacked out to lift yourself over a wall or for your squad mates to drag your muscular ass into cover, then you're just a liability. 6ft and under with a trim but muscular frame is best. Like Snake.
>>
>>29569389
>6 feet and under

Day/k/are is the home of manlets.
>>
>>29569389
Either of these guys could lift them self and another over a wall, even the guy on the left benches 2 pl8 I'd bet

Guy on the right probably benches like 9 pl8 no gear
>>
>>29569504
enjoy not fitting behind cover jolly green giant
>>
>>29569519
Any sort of practical cover is usually enough to crouch or go prone behind for most people, concealment is usually a bigger challenge, I'm still a bit of a hungry skeleton at 6'2 165 but it's better than 6' at 150.
>>
>>29569555
>
>>
>>29569555
Checked

Trips confirm

I remember there being an agreement that manlets were the soldier master race on /k/?
>>
The guy on the left is dehydrated, get that Nigga a bottle of water
>>
>>29570029
This, 5 percent bf and no water is not the body composition for fighting
>>
>>29567158
The toughest rangers are about 5'8" and weigh around 150-160 lbs. They can hump a fucking battleship on their backs for 25 miles then conduct a raid without losing a breath.
>>
>>29570129
Average ranger height is like 6"2?
>>
>>29570156
No. lol. Where in the world did you hear some nonsense like that?
>>
;^)
>>
>>29570349
M O D S
O
D
S
>>
>>29570349
You sick fuck, how could you post something like that
>>
>>29569022
Ikr, probably creatine and 3 shakes a day.
>>
>>29570349
Fucking MODS get off your lazy assessment as ban this nigger
>>
>>29570349
HOW THE FUCK DOES 4CHAN NOT HAVE A FUCKING FILTER FOR THIS KIND OF SHIT YET

4chan almost got shutdown for illegal shit like this because of incompetent mods years ago
>>
>>29570349
disgusting
>>
>>29570411
Asses*

>>29570349
Oh great it's still here, whatever, let the fbi shut down the board
>>
>>29570349
Mods need to get of of their lazy cheeto encrusted asses and mozy their 500 lb bodies over here and do their fucking job
>>
>>29570349
Welp boys it looks like he's gonna get away with it
>>
>>29570419
Google is just finally getting a grasp on image recognition, and you expect a Tibetan crochet newsletter to have it all worked out?
>>
>>29570349
>posts disgusting and possibly illegal content
>deletes it after just enough time to disgust people but not long enough for mods to get any evidence for a ban or legal action

DEVILISH
E
V
I
L
I
S
H
>>
>>29570470
Well they could have certain images tagged, I doubt there's a huge amount of new shit like that being made, and very little of it would make its way here

Besides 4chan has goverment help to prevent illegal content and catch abusers
>>
>>29567158
Don't see the point of trying to oppose muscles to a 7.62 high velocity round.
>>
File: 1460307935448.jpg (495 KB, 1305x1265) Image search: [Google]
1460307935448.jpg
495 KB, 1305x1265
>>29570349
Why?
>>
>>29570498
so you change one pixel and get past the filter.
>>
>>29570349
what did i miss
>>
File: 1459608053618.png (228 KB, 1192x830) Image search: [Google]
1459608053618.png
228 KB, 1192x830
>>29570349
G-get out of this thread stalkers...
>>
>>29570516
There's ways you can detect things that are mostly matching

>>29570523
A dead child getting fucked
>>
File: flehmen.jpg (554 KB, 1229x1027) Image search: [Google]
flehmen.jpg
554 KB, 1229x1027
>>29570349
>>
>>29570540
Well we cant be sure of the age, but that eye socket was a bit small comared to that member

Anyways its a fucking blue board
>>
File: RLE.jpg (31 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
RLE.jpg
31 KB, 992x558
>>29567158
The one who can understand and follow orders.
>>
>>29570564
>eye socket was a bit small comared to that member
Your eyes are the same size at birth as at adulthood.
>>
>>29567158

the left body type. Modern infantry combat is about endurance and agility, strength is still important but a soldier doesn't need to be able to deadlift a VW, he needs to be able to carry 100+ lbs of gear, ammo, and weapons all day, for multiple days, over shitty terrain, in bad weather, and still be fit to fight when contact occurs. For that, you'd much rather be built like a cross trained track star and boxer than a football lineman.
>>
>>29570578
That's very reassuring
>>
>>29567158
An average athletic man. The jack of all trades, master of none.

Something like 5'10 180lbs 10-12% bodyfat for an operator.
>>
File: 1458767571509.png (284 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1458767571509.png
284 KB, 1024x683
>>29570631
>10 percent bf
>5"10

Fucking KEK
>>
>>29570651
I want you to know that nobody likes you, mods please ban this trash for being a fag

I bet you were a taddle tail when you were a kid
>>
>>29570651
Fake
>>
>>29570658
>5"10
>Fucking KEK

Retard detected
>>
>>29569935
I believe the average sof height is like 5'11, so not manlets
>>
>>29570694
Manlet detected
>>
File: CsbBDr5.jpg (82 KB, 367x550) Image search: [Google]
CsbBDr5.jpg
82 KB, 367x550
>>29567158
Neither, a guy about 50-75% as natty as right anon of average to below average height
>can PT
>can still wear normally sized uniforms
>can touch his face
>heart won't explode like Zzys
>fuckhigh proportional strength
>can maintain musculature inna field on normal rations without access to a 24 hour fitness

Pretty much a human sized chimpanzee
>>
>>29567158
People are underestimating how strong the right body is

That's an 800lb bench, 1500 lb squat, 1200 lb deadlift body

That shit makes zydrunas savickas, eddie hall, and haffthor bjornsson look like dyels.

That nigga in a beserk state on some drugs would be unlikable with normal rounds
>>
>>29570929
Meat does not stop bullets. He will die from a well-placed round just as quickly as a hungry skellington.
>>
>>29570929
Tbh fans using these stats and assuming humans get roughly 3 x normal strength when hysterical, this nigga could flip hummers and yoke 4 ton armored trucks

Strongman beserker army when?
>>
File: Strip_326_On_the_Ground_web.gif (52 KB, 700x356) Image search: [Google]
Strip_326_On_the_Ground_web.gif
52 KB, 700x356
>>29570929
>That nigga in a beserk state on some drugs would die from any form of CNS hit like anyone else

a 800lb bench when you weigh 500lbs is shit tier. right anon couldn't even do a pullup if you think of him as the size of the mountain and not one of those turbobulklett saw gunners. right guy as pic related would be an excellent soldier at everything but running and finding medium-short sized uniforms. take a bulklette, give him long legs and you have a natty but not gymrat waterdog tier soldier. IE a strong normal human
>>
>>29571008
Does cns mean central nervous shock?
>>
>>29571052
central nervous system
IE shot in the fucking face or spine
coincidentally everything else that kills you dead quicker is in front or close to the spine, which is why center mass is stressed in defensive and long range shooting. Also djibouti shooty, two to the chest one to the head (cuz bodyarmor)
>>
>>29571008
>500 lbs
>

If that nigga was waffthor height he'd be 700 and bench like 1400

I'm assuming both are around 6ft

>can't do a pull up
Strongman like that d pull ups with 400 pounds of plated hanging from their waste

That dude is like 350-450 but 20 percent bf,
>>
>>29571079
That makes sense, hmmm, what if you just put alot of armor on him. Make heavy infantry squads that are meant for defense purposes or Concentrated force, kinda like how heavy tanks are used
>>
>>29571079
He'd still survive longer with a gut shot or flesh wound though, I'd still imagine the end mortality rate would be similair
>>
>>29571093
a 2x bodyweight bench is still pretty shit tier desu fampai when it comes to strongmen. as it goes the added muscle doesn't catch up to the added weight. for the purpose of "dis nigga can squat 1500lbs once bro" being a man mountain is the only way to do it. Wafthor, being giant but human shaped (~75% as bulk as our mythic rightanon) would be able to PT but running and shit would be hell for him. make him into carl from the AQHF movie and he'd fail hit minimums with pushups, situps, die running, etc.

>>29571112
or have two normal guys who eat 8x less and don't need a tent company for special uniforms and a FoB 24hour fitness drive an APC with a M2 on it.

the military literally has maximum weight and height requirements because.. get this... huge fuckers make average soldiers with outlier requirements. IE below average soldiers. Why feed, clothe, arm, and give a gym membership to Wafthor's nattier cousin when you can have 4 audie murphys running around with the same rifle?

>>29571186
>be 2 swole 2 control
>Zyys flies down from the heavens
>heart explodes state side from too much creatine and coke
>the plane you were scheduled to fly to WWIII on now can carry 5 more soldiers.
>those 5 soldiers individually perform better than you have, because battles aren't decided with squats, the Cold war olympics movement is decided by squats.
>>
>>29571310
I meeaaaaaaaaaan...

I meeeeaaaaaaaaaaaan..

Yeah if you want to be thay way there Is no good reason for a unit of swole soldiers (besides ceremonial purposes, Austrian Grenadier style). Having 1000 men that each need 10k calories a day is a bit hard to do.

But

Buuut

It would be so cool
>>
Average size for SEALs is 5'10 175lbs but the truth is it depends on the person.
>>
>>29568633
Which is pointless to your argument
>>
File: banes back.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
banes back.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>29567305
>>
UU
UU
>>
>>29570810

That huge sack though... Does that come with the Ultimate Soldierâ„¢ package?
>>
>visually strong vs a real strong man
>>
>>29568116
this is what I'm thinking
>>
>>29571310
>a 2x bodyweight bench is still pretty shit tier desu fampai when it comes to strongmen
no it isn't you fucking idiot
>>
>>29572686
>implying this not real person would even be able to bench 1x bodyweight if he was a 7ft meat pile
>>
>>29572686

Agreed, that guy is a moron.

>weigh 200
>bench over 400

no
>>
File: welcome to fit.gif (748 KB, 286x155) Image search: [Google]
welcome to fit.gif
748 KB, 286x155
>>29572686
>>29572787
don't you have some dicks to suck back at /fit/?
>>
>>29570996

That dude weighs so much and has so much muscle you could put some serious full body rifle armor on him and it wouldn't change how he moved around.
>>
>>29572895

Don't comment on things you know nothing about.

Do you like it when gun grabbers talk about shoulder things that go up?
>>
>>29567218
How the fuck are you going to get that much gear while deployed
>>
>>29567158

Depends on the situation.
>>
>>29572945
>hurr accccctually 2x bodyweight bench is pretty damn good
>not realizing that a guy who weighed 500lbs of muscle couldn't actually fucking do that due to proportional strength and unit cross sectional density of muscle
Don't comment on things you know nothing about.
>>
>>29572907
If size makes you able to move better, why can't elephants jump?
>>
>>29573078

2x weight is damn good for a bench press. Stop trying to act like a bad ass.

I never said that the meat mountain would keep gaining strength as fast as muscle growth. Only that he would indeed be stronger. That is not a question.

>>29573096

The pic of the guy on the right is nowhere near the mass of an elephant. Not even as big or muscular as a horse. Are you saying horses aren't agile and can't jump?
>>
>>29572955

Egypt or Turkey
>>
>>29573283
Bigger horses can't jump as well as smaller ones.
>>
>>29567158
The better soldier is the one that doesn't get shot
>>
>>29573338

Sorry, I wasn't aware that jumping was what won the wars these days.

I thought it was carrying a ton of gear over long distances and still being good to go when you get there. Seems to me like the bigger guy could carry just as much weight and be bothered by it less.
>>
File: Rosalina Aerostat.jpg (406 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
Rosalina Aerostat.jpg
406 KB, 1650x1275
>>29567158
This would be a better soldier.

>Aerial bombardments
>Quick poon
>Emergency beach ball
>Blends in with Bavarians, planets and French egos
>>
I'm reminded of that scene from Soldier:

Rubrick: I think we have to assume that the missing men are down.

Church: Well, maybe you shoulda made them smart instead of fast.
>>
>>29573390
And yet statistics says otherwise. There is almost no giants in elite units, and those units are deemed as best soldiers usually.
>>
>>29573390
follow the conversation negro.

The retard said big people would be more agile than smaller people. Which is totally false. Look at any obstacle course TV show. Ninja Warrior's a good example. The Big McLargeHuge guys do terrible because they weigh too much. It doesn't matter that they're stronger, they also waste more effort lifting that extra muscle.

As for your point, it's not 1863, we don't march a hundred miles anymore.
>>
File: ShirtlessSnake.gif (55 KB, 490x379) Image search: [Google]
ShirtlessSnake.gif
55 KB, 490x379
>>29569389

>Marine for 5 years, deployed a couple times, ultrafast metabolism
>Have a picture of Snake on my wall as a reminder of what I should look like before I go to the gym...

He's right you know...
>>
>>29567358
the correct height for fucking goats, everyone else has to kneel
>>
File: 227px-RE2T103Tyrant.png (114 KB, 227x479) Image search: [Google]
227px-RE2T103Tyrant.png
114 KB, 227x479
What do you think its muscle mass would be like underneath the coat?
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.