[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: img_2210.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (256 KB, 900x395) Image search: [Google]
img_2210.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
256 KB, 900x395
Do Marlin leverguns still suck now? It's 2016
did Remmington get better over the past few years? Or should I just get a different levergun?
>>
Marlin lever guns got good in mid-2014. Anything since then should be good. I'm getting a 336C myself.
>>
File: UnzXfAo.jpg (451 KB, 1833x2755) Image search: [Google]
UnzXfAo.jpg
451 KB, 1833x2755
I have a 2015 1895GS.

The magazine tube spring and loading gate are a little stiff, but I don't put that much ammo through it due to cost.

The action is smooth, it's fun to shoot, and it's a damn beautiful rifle.
>>
I had a 2015 336c that wouldn't chamber rounds, and after sending it to the factory twice for repairs, it still would not chamber rounds.

Got the refund and bought a 1968RC at a gunshow a week later.

Marlin is better than they were. But it is still a touch risky.
>>
>>29563216
They're quite good
>>
>>29563315
Marlin 1895 lever guns got good in late 2013. Anything dated August 2013 or later is good, models prior to that aren't necessarily bad they just had poor quality control so you'll need to spend a little extra fixing it.

Grizzly Guns built an entire business because of how bad the quality control was. Basically you'd send your 1895 to them, they'd fix everything as well as putting in some upgrades and send it back.

As for other Marlin lever action models I can't say if they're good or not, my boner is for the 1895GBL.
>>
>>29563216
I think I just lucked out and missed the crappy Remington train. I bought a 870 express super mag and I have yet to have any issues outside of the occasional Winchester White Box FTE (round rim in square extractor, it works fine with everything else)
>>
>>29563393
Why don't I ever get lemons? I always hear about poor quality control and shit but Taurus, PSA, Hi Point, Remington, Marlin.. I've had nothing but good luck. My Cerberus 870 Express and my Remlin 336W both work great. My old 24/7 never skipped a beat and neither did my XD
>>
>>29563440
I think the super mags were always safe of the problems.

My 2011 870 Express has surface rust on the receiver and barrel. I live in the god damn desert.
>>
>>29563445

Guess you're just a lucky sunnovabitch.
>>
>>29563216
Go Winchester if you can afford it, otherwise Marlin isnt terrible. My friend just got a Rossi .357 lever action and it shoots great. He only paid like $500 for it.
>>
>>29563474
Gotcha, that's what I figured, they are different receivers after all. I bought mine right after New Years 2013. I got it for $325 so I didn't really feel the need to stick to the regular one
>>
Henry 45-70. Goat
>>
So what did they do to change the very shitty qc?
>>
>>29563612
They fired a bunch of people, built a new plant, and stopped using the terrible, terrible machines that hadn't been properly maintained in decades. Basically a fresh start from fresh engineering specs.
>>
>>29563637
>terrible machines
>produced better guns then they make now

SHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>29563853
>>terrible machines
>>produced better guns then they make now
Yeah in the 1960s. They had degraded a LOT since then.
>>
>>29563216
I heard they actually got their act together, which is good, because I'm jonesing for a lever-gun with a curved grip and side-ejection.
>>
File: Marlin 336 .30-30 'Big Lever'.jpg (70 KB, 700x169) Image search: [Google]
Marlin 336 .30-30 'Big Lever'.jpg
70 KB, 700x169
I want one of these in stainless, with composite wood, a top-rail to put an aimpoint on, and loaded with Leverevolutions.

I think that'd be just a REALLY pleasant rifle.
Maybe thread it for a silencer and play with some handloads too.
>>
Bit if an explanation as to Marlin getting their shit together

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/marlin-1894-review/
>>
>>29563637
This anon has it backwards.

Marlin had great workers and good, but old and finicky, equipment. Unfortunately, it was basically unprofitable and slowly dying at that factory.

To save it, Remshit moved them to a new factory, and has had to basically build a new team and equipment form nothing. Naturally, this is a rough transition.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.