[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I ate some mre's while innawoods this week and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: MRE_20071124.png (541 KB, 817x568) Image search: [Google]
MRE_20071124.png
541 KB, 817x568
I ate some mre's while innawoods this week and was wondering if I should keep them. I got them from a friend a while ago and somestuff inside says it expired in 08
>>
While they're probably fine, I've personally never seen either of those two, which means the military has stopped handing them out. Those things can last forever though.

Just use common sense, if you open anything and it smells/tastes bad, stop eating it.
>>
>>29562292
Thought these things had self lives of like 20 years?
>>
>>29562327
Fuck yeah! Beef teryaki was one of my favorites! But I don't think others liked it much... I know they stopped with it years and years ago because I've been out for over three years now and don't remember that one being around since I was in Iraqistan (2008).
>>
>>29562292
Keep them, I've personally got a few hundred bags of Swedish BlÄ Band just waiting for SHTF.
>>
>>29562292
i had some coldweather MRE's that expired in like 2005, i ate the last one a few months ago and they where perfectly fine. im sure yours are too.
>>
>>29562292
Last summer I ate MRE's I got during Katrina. They were still fine. Most of the heaters didn't work though.
>>
They're fine. Vacuum sealed chit won't go bad for a long time. Just know if those "expired" in 2008 they were probably produced in the 80s or 90s lmao
>>
I'd rather jerk off a homeless nigger than eat a fucking MRE.

It is shit food for shit people.
>>
>>29562292
>I got them from a friend a while ago and somestuff inside says it expired in 08
Post pic of expiration date. I'm thinking it's actually the production date anon.
>>29562345
>Thought these things had self lives of like 20 years?
If you bought fresh production an stored them in a dark cool place you could theoretically eat them for decades. Unfortunately most people are buying second and third hand MRE's with no clue how much time they spent deteriorating in the heatand they are
hazardous to your liver and kidneys.
\Buy fresh but make the loins share of your long term shelf life food dehydrates and preferably dehydrates packed with a nitrogen blanket
>>29564486
>I'd rather jerk off a homeless nigger than eat a fucking MRE.
Spend a lot of time jerking off homeless brothers do ya.
>>
>>29564486
I wouldn't want to have to live on them but there have been times I was grateful as hell I had a bunch laying around.Some of them are pretty good but the ones that aren't are really not good.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.