[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taser Equipped Police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: taser-x26.jpg (32 KB, 525x360) Image search: [Google]
taser-x26.jpg
32 KB, 525x360
Opinions /k/? The Irish minister for Justice is considering arming all Police with tasers for self defence. They already carry pepperspray and an ASP extendable baton (both illegal for citizens), but since physical aggression towards them is on the rise tasers are being debated.

A poll shows ~65% of people are for the idea, but I don't think it's exactly fair for police to carry tasers since citizens aren't even allowed to carry ANY form of self defence item, including a knife of any kind.

Should our Police force be equipped with this less-than-lethal option?
>>
>>29549061
If citizens can't have it neither should the cops.
>>
All police should carry tasers, bar none.
They should not, however, be banned to the citizenry.
>>
trying to disarm a population is more dangerous than having one that's armed. i mean most criminals are just getting weapons illegally aren't they? all it takes is one smuggled uzi or ak and that taser and docile unarmed society is fucked. what then? we need STRICTER gun laws? it makes no sense. i don't see the rationale for these type of legislation, ireland or not. every time i hear a mass shooting or gun crime it seems silly to be even more vulnerable to the situation.
>>
You can't have tasers?

How stupid.
>>
File: 1458849763718.webm (2 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
1458849763718.webm
2 MB, 404x720
i would prefer to get tazed by the police than shot.i'd rather some sick fuck cop get his jollies off tazing a mufucka than him killing someone
>>
>>29549185
We can't even own pepperspray or an extendable baton either, and we can't carry knives. It sucks.

>>29549193
Cops here don't have guns.
>>
>>29549174
Yup, our criminal gangs here are fucking thriving and there's been 2 gang shootings here in the last month in a public place.

ISIS have already expressed their anger at Ireland being part of the coalition against them, and have said they'll be staging terror attacks here in the near future. Will be pathetic to watch my fellow countrymen being cut down while our government have LITERALLY said it's not up to a person to defend himself, that it's a role of the police to protect them.
>>
File: IMG_20160407_213145.png (758 KB, 720x710) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_213145.png
758 KB, 720x710
>>29549061
If you want citizens carrying around knives and guns and tazers then why bother with the guards in the first place?
Guards are trained to utilize their weapons effectively and Irish citizens are not is why. But in my opinion I don't see the big deal, you can get a firearms license to defend your home in this country and your fully within your rights to do so. Having people running around with pepper spray and tazers is unnecessary in a country like Ireland in my opinion
>>
This is all fear mongering over that fucking shooting in the hotel. They're honestly retarded. They went in there with the intention of killing the one man and that's all they did. Why the fuck would the Gardaí be at a boxing weigh-in?

Jesus Christ,I see why we have the lowest IQ in western Europe now.
>>
>>29549357
I get what you mean, but I don't think this is a response to what happened at the weigh in, Guards should be carrying Tazers anyway I think, sure if someone comes at a Guard with a knife he's practically fucked, but with a tazer at least he can defend himself
>>
File: 1436952662592.jpg (30 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1436952662592.jpg
30 KB, 500x368
>>29549324
The gardaí are of course there to keep the peace between citizens and to enforce laws. I don't necessarily think tasers and pepperspray should be allowed for citizens, but then again there's many a criminal who carries them nonetheless. I think knives should definitely be allowed to be carried, as once again many criminals carry them anyway and knives just come in handy for day to day use.

I've already been threatened walking home once and the fact that I pulled out an illegally carried penknife probably dissuaded the dude from coming any closer.
>>
>>29549230
>Can't carry extendable batons
>Not carrying a hurl instead
>>
>>29549454
Not very concelable, and makes you look like a dumb farmer :^)
>>
>>29549431
I don't think there's any laws against carrying a Swiss Army Knife about like I do most days and sure if it's there and I need it to get someone to fuck off I'd do the same. But openly allowing people to carry combat knives? Can you imagine a pub full of drunken wankers carrying knives on Paddy's day? It'd be retarded like
>>
You guys have to remember that the Gardaí don't follow half the laws in this country. A Garda came looking for the safe my gun was supposed to be in and I said I didn't have one and all he said was as long as you don't have it out in the open its alright.

They're useless cunts. Too lazy to do anything.
>>
>>29549510
In the constitution, it says to carry any sharp object you need a work related reason. A Swiss army knife contains sharp blades.
>>
Why can't we have tasers?

I don't get it. it's not like you can kill people with them
>>
>>29549174
>i don't see the rationale for these type of legislation, ireland or not.
In other countries it might be reasonable, but it's not like fenians have a history of responsible gun ownership.
>>
>>29549784
>fenians
Fuck off Nigel
>>
>>29549555
He cut you some slack instead of fining you for being a lazy cunt so you're calling all Guards lazy cunts
Good man
>>
>>29549061
/k/op here, hopefully I can help some anons out with some info. Tasers are a different tool because they work on a muscular level. Pepper spray and batons fail miserably on the drunk, drugged, or deranged (crazy) because you're trying to obtain compliance by pain in those cases. Tasers lock out your muscles(very simplistic explanation), and although it causes pain, as soon as it's off the pain is gone. The effects are short and usually have no lasting or severe effects. Even people with pacemakers are not effected for the most part. Most injuries occur from falling after being tased or things like cardiac arrest from usually drugs or prior medical conditions.

The US is a very sue happy country and over time taser has proven itself to be a decent non lethal / less than lethal option. All taser users are required to take an update class yearly that covers legality of use, as well as techniques etc.
>>
>>29549475
I'm not either or, but I'd rather be a farmer than some towny gobshite
>>
>>29549905
Yeah there's no problem really, there's just a lot of fellas who want one for themselves ITT for some reason
>>
I honestly dont see why a Taser isn't a part of every officer's kit. There are a lot of situations where it could be used to stop something from escalating but half the time theyre not issued.
>>
>>29549905
For the most part I have no problem with Gardaí having tasers, but only if our self defence laws are updated to allow people to carry knives and perhaps pepper spray. The numbers of Gardaí are very few and there isn't always one around the corner to yell to for assistance.
>>
>>29549061
>Any government agency
>Owning things prohibited to it's citizenry

I hope 922o gets struck down.
>>
Don't Irish people have some kinda fancy ass walking stick thing that fucks shit up or is that just a folklore meme?
>>
>>29549996
I can understand how you feel. I'm a big gun rights advocate, as well as other forms of personal weapons advocate. To be honest I would not carry a taser for personal protection. It's like toilet paper, you only get to use it once and then you are stuck with something very lame as a self defense tool.

In places like korea, where all weapons are banned, a lot of gangs carry cooking knives and clubs (for mashing herbs) and sports type weapons, bats, kendo swords. I don't know your neighborhood or the people you have to worry about, but I can definitely say a taser for civilian use is a waste of money.
>>
>>29550051
Its called a baton, and yes we do.
>>
>>29549905
Dont say /k/op, pigs arent k related.
>>
>>29549134

/thread
>>
>>29549134
Yeah no cuck, police need better weapons than citizens.
>>
I've seen 2 people get tazed. One it stopped the guy in his tracks and he fell over and pissed himself and the other the guy was running away and it hit his coat and he went AAHHH and brushed his hand behind his back and knocked the wires off.
>>
Expecting niggers to respect anything other than threat of violence or violence itself is naive
>>
>>29550274
sure police are /k/ related
>>
>>29550313
get the fuck outta here, cuck
>>
>>29549061
Why are you posting here at all?
Shouldn't you be overthrowing your government?
>>
dindus and white trash getting tasered makes for SPECTACULAR entertainment tho
>>
>>29553069
Wow, just repeat what I say, clever. Are you an edgy teenager or a fast food working adult?
>>
>>29550313
>police should be better armed than citizens
No they fucking shouldnt. You're the cuck here, faggot.
>>
>>29555340
See >>29555157
>>
>>29550313
poor bait
>>
>>29553150
Population has no interest in doing so. They just go ahead and vote for the same people who are fucking us over, again and again.
>>
>>29549061
I remember a multi-shot Russian taser? Was that all vaporware? Or a three shot TASER one?
>>
>>29549134

So then what if Paris happens and some kebab rolls in with a full retard AK?
>>
>>29556420
#notallkebabs you intolerant fuck
They were just insecure youth that needed help
>>
>>29555340
>>29556420
In the US, even commie-fornia , the citizens can be better armed than the police. But laws don't matter when you can get a full auto AK just about anywhere even inside the state.

Police don't have to worry about law abiding citizens with full auto AKs. We worry about that dude who likes to beat his wife or the gangster or the deranged guy sitting next to you at work, or some terrorist, with full auto AKs (or anything for that matter).

See: North Hollywood bank robbery, Texas Tower sniper, San beradino terrorist attack.

A lot of police agencies are barely getting ar15 variants out in the field. And if they are , it's iron sights. Anything better you have to buy yourself.
>>
>>29549134
I've been hit with a taser and I wouldn't want anyone that's isn't trained properly use it on me. Besides taser international refuses to sell to civilians.
>>
>>29558442
https://buy.taser.com/pages/taser-c2

False.
>>
>>29558442
That's a good point about the training end of things
>>
>>29558442
What did it feel like? I want to know for research.
>>
>>29550274
pigs are half of this board. cops are huge weapons enthusiasts
>>
>>29549061
Arent cops in the UK and Ireland starting to actually be armed now? I see some are getting glocks while others are still only using batons?
>>
File: 1434830981567.jpg (8 KB, 206x210) Image search: [Google]
1434830981567.jpg
8 KB, 206x210
>>29549061
>tfw im a college student
>school doesn't allow mace or tasers
>I have some quarters in a pair of my ex girlfriends stockings that Ill swing like a bat and dump down the nearest storm drain
>any cop asks why I have stockings ill say im a cross dresser
>mfw everyday going to class with urban youths inbound
>>
>>29563610
I did detainee ops at Bagram air base Afghanistan for 3 years, basically a prison guard for terrorists and suspected terrorist.
I had to get OC in the face and tased as part of the training. It's hard to explain what it feels like, it doesn't hurt as much as it is disturbing.
You lose all control of your body and that feeling is completely fucking weird.
Everyone has felt pain, but the feeling that you are not in control of yourself is much worse.
The groan sound that you hear in the youtube videos isn't pain, it's the diaphragm muscle being tensed causing your lungs to squeeze air out uncontrollably.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.