[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This stuff any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: QiC9XGy.jpg (988 KB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
QiC9XGy.jpg
988 KB, 4160x3120
>>
It's a good defensive load, make sure it chambers reliably in your semi and you should be good to go. What in the fuck happened to the box though?
>>
>>29548421
Ranger SXT but dumb idiots will pay you a premium for it. Sell it on Gunbroker, make $80
>>
>>29548421
>Is ammo that's been improperly stored for 30 years any good?
>>
Banned by name in San Francisco, but only becuase they had to ban something and they didn't have enough support to ban hollow points or anything else in current production.
>>
>>29548501
>tfw hollow points are banned in NJ.
Except they are legal to buy, and to have at your house, and to go to the range with, and I think to hunt with (are there shotgun hollow points?)
>>
>>29548451
Some of my best ammo was 1986 South African 300 round battle packs of 5.56. That shit was amazing.
>>
File: BlackTalon002.jpg (86 KB, 826x483) Image search: [Google]
BlackTalon002.jpg
86 KB, 826x483
Yes OP. You can take down cops, body armor, and lightly armored vehicles with those bad boys.

Fun fact: being black makes it 12% more deadlierer.

It's a shame they had to outlaw these for being so super assassin ultra deadly.

#blackroundsmatter
>>
>>29548421
nothing special really, just marketing and fear mongering in the press
>The ammunition was used by the gunman of the 1993 Long Island Railroad mass murder for his Ruger P89 9×19mm pistol. In 1996 a lawsuit was subsequently filed by one of the victim's family members (McCarthy v. Sturm, Ruger and Co., Inc., 916 F.Supp. 366 (S.D.N.Y., 1996)) claiming that Olin Corp. should be liable for the shooting spree based on the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of Black Talon ammunition. The claims against Olin were dismissed because it was held that the bullets "functioned exactly as designed"
>>
>>29548569
Yep. Most saboted shotgun slugs are pistol or muzzle loader bullets
>>
File: 1378679562206.png (250 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
1378679562206.png
250 KB, 400x392
>>29548421
Great for killing cops
>>
>>29548699
Even back then McCarthy was a loser. I can't wait for her to die. I'm gonna do shots and call them McCarthy's. In fact I'm gonna call them Kevins after her shithead son who deserved to die.

Fuck that cunt. You know she tried suing 70 companies for asbestos after smoking cigarettes for 40 years and getting lung cancer?

She deserves all the shit that happened to her.
>>
>>29548421
They're completely unremarkable, it's just some old thouroughly mediocre/average hollowpoints, there's literally nothing special about them at all.

Winchester changed the brand to Ranger SXT if you're genuinely interested in carrying and shooting them.
The old ones with the Black Talon branding are collectible and I'd seriously just keep or sell them.

Somehow, the media turned that into "armor piercing", because they thought the black finish (oxidized copper, meant to be gentler on the rifling) was teflon, which would somehow make it penetrate armor better.

This doesn't work on a lot of levels, the first is that teflon actually decreases the penetrative potential in kevlar (any soft armor it can defeat, a regular ball round would have defeated too), the other is that it would flatten out against a plate carrier like any other pistol bullet (because they're literally copper jacketed lead projectiles, like most conventional hollowpoints).
>>
>>29548421
When it hit the market a large group of trauma surgeons raised such a bitch about how well it created wound channels in criminals that production was stopped for a while.
It basically breaks up quickly and is very hard to survive being shot with it. Very high fatality percentages. It went back on the market under a different name. I have a lot of it for my wife's .380 and my 9mm bad GodTier Armor Crushing Perpetrator 45
>>
>>29548421
It's as good as th delicious meals found at Applebees.
>>
>>29550102
>oxidized copper
Lubalox, but yeah, it's an oxide coating.
>>
>>29548421
Outdated, but a star for its time. Federal HST will outperform it, hands down. Its good for novelty and shit. You do have to beware, because fuckers will reload them with dyed SXT rounds and call them original. If you gonna buy some, make sure there are NO deformations on the rim or rear face. Also, should be sealed with (i wanna say....) Purpleish(?) sealant.

>>29551257
most of this post is wrong, however surgeons were complaining because the pedals actually did turn razor sharp, and could easily tear through their nitrile gloves while still elbows-deep in degenerate, giving whatever assortment of monkey-flu their blood was carrying.
>>
>>29551257
Stop.

>>29551425
>surgeons were complaining because the pedals actually did turn razor sharp, and could easily tear through their nitrile gloves while still elbows-deep in degenerate
Surgeons don't go poking with their hands like that into wounds.
Also the risk isn't greater than any other hollowpoint.

I also keep hearing how "it's hard to get it all out" as if a surgeon's goals with a gunshot wound has any relevance as to where the projectile is, and that this takes priority over say, fucking bleeding.
>>
Im a surgeon and I highly recommend these rounds, if a cultured individual gets shot with them I rarely get past the OR door before he expires. I still get paid once I go in the room so.
>>
File: EP6X6z2oSzU.sddefault.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
EP6X6z2oSzU.sddefault.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>29549276
mfw
>>
File: 1447729998108.gif (879 KB, 1355x1710) Image search: [Google]
1447729998108.gif
879 KB, 1355x1710
>>
>>29553209
>Surgeons don't go poking with their hands like that into wounds.
nah, they just do like they did with JFK and Lincoln's brain, fishing around with a pair of foreceps....

>cut abdomen open to remove bullet
>patient starts bleeding
>"NURSE! Apply pressure until I clamp the artery"
>congratz, you now have AIDS.
Are you fuckin retarded or something?

>Also the risk isn't greater than any other hollowpoint.
while metal is sharp, black talons literally became razor blades at the petals. Go watch a few jootube videos on it, one fagget actually cuts himself pulling it from the gel block.

> "it's hard to get it all out"
my guess is that dumbshit thinks pistol rounds fragment. However, your stupid ass thinks they are just gonna leave the bullets in, so......
>>
File: IMG_20160404_125133056.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160404_125133056.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
I got some...
>>
>>29548501

> move to San Fagcisco
> use nail polish to paint black talons pink
> they're legal now.
>>
>>29551302
>>29551302
what's with the applebees meme?
>>
>>29553290
>they just do like they did with JFK and Lincoln's brain, fishing around with a pair of foreceps
Those weren't really doctors, frequently, people who hurry to try and get the bullet out of a gunshot victim do more damage than good.

>>cut abdomen open to remove bullet
Which isn't done in emergencies.

>black talons literally became razor blades at the petals.
I never argued otherwise, I said surgeons don't go poking in strange wounds with their fingers, for reasons such as these.

>my guess is that dumbshit thinks pistol rounds fragment.
They can, some calibers and loadings more than others.

>However, your stupid ass thinks they are just gonna leave the bullets in, so......
THEY FUCKING DO, YOU DIPSHIT
Why would they take the bullet out you mouthbreather? It's 100% inert, it's done all it's gonna do today, what do you think a bullet does once it's stopped inside a person, is it gonna crawl around in there, is it gonna inject the victim with poison?

Bullet removal is NEVER a priority in gunshot wounds, 10 times out of 10 when a doctor is taking a bullet out of a person, it's done after the fact, at a later date, after the patient has recovered (usually months or years later), sometimes it's not even done, because it sits somewhere where getting in to move it is a risk (artery, nerves, etc).

Stop using reruns of E.R as your reference.
>>
>>29553658
>leaving a known carcinogen sitting inside yourself
perhaps that is what insurance companies tell doctors to suggest at default, but guess what, bullets are removed unless they are lodged inside the spine or skull, where removal has chance of debilitating the patient. Fuck outta here with your stupidity.
>>
>>29553419
Forced meme bull shit.
>>
>>29553695
Lead leaching from a bullet isn't as dangerous as you seem to think.
>>
File: 1436664760332.png (6 KB, 93x104) Image search: [Google]
1436664760332.png
6 KB, 93x104
>>29548421
>DEEP PENETRATOR
>>
>>29553419
>>29553808

Applebees is not a meme my friends.

Besides the fact that they have delicious food they give you a 15% discount (before tip) if you are open carrying.
>>
>>29548421
They got teflon coating to make the go through vests
>>
>>29548421

bought two boxes in the late nineties. They sit in a glass case on display like some kind of trophy. Will never try them because I can't replace them. looks deadly as fuck, 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>29548446
This.
They renamed it, but people who don't know any better still shell out ass assload for it because they don't know it's still being made.
>>
>>29554234
No and no.
>>
>>29556519
No, people pay for it because the box and branding is collectible.
You know they don't actually carry or shoot the stuff, right?
>>
>>29551257
>I have a lot of it for my wife's .380

NVM that your post is 99% fuddlore 1% misinformation....

Hope your wife never has to defend against one of those up armored "Fat Nigger in a Jacket"TM/

380 JHP dont penetrate for shit.

hope she waits until they're gng-raping her so tht she can get off a point blank to the cranium
>>
>>29554668
Jesus Christ, dude. It's ammo. I shot the fuck out of Black Talons back when they were superfluous. Guess what. Ranger SXTs are the exact same thing but a different color.
>>
File: 20160327_083210.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160327_083210.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
They're just Ranger SXT. I read somewhere that SXT stands for "Same eXact Thing".
>>
>>29553231
>tfw there are actual surgeons who browse this board.
Nice try rusemeister.
>>
>>29557184
less of a spooky name than BLACK TALON
>>
File: compare.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>
>>29551257
>.380
your wife sounds like she'd be fun to rape
>>
>>29559212
I love 4chan
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.