[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How common do you think illegal suppressors are? just saw this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: atf please.png (55 KB, 794x281) Image search: [Google]
atf please.png
55 KB, 794x281
How common do you think illegal suppressors are?

just saw this on amazon and kek'd
>>
>>29547791
illegal NFA is extremely common. Most times the ATFDEAFBINSATSARNADNABGADTFLOL will never find out unless you commit a crime with it.
>>
>>29547810
+1
Unless you have cops in your house once a week, the ATF will never know that you sawed your shotgun barrel down to 10". Anyone who lives in the deep south knows how often NFA laws are violated.
>>
>>29547810
>>29547791
This.

Every time they do a big militia or organized crime raid they always tend to find FA parts and explosives.

Every country pretty much has that problem though. Its one of the biggest criticisms of gun control worldwide.
>>
File: atf.jpg (67 KB, 499x314) Image search: [Google]
atf.jpg
67 KB, 499x314
We know, we always know.
>>
>>29547791
as someone who owned an unregistered WW2 sub machine gun for a number of years, as long as you're quiet and careful, they'll never find out
>>
>>29547810
This, I've even had a customer at my computer shop admit to making home made silencers.
Of course it was established that I was very pro freedom before he said it though. Sometimes people really open up to you.
I was just in an old dead couple's house the other day, and you bet your ass I was paying special attention to the rafters and less accessible areas of the dirt cellar for just this type of stuff like >>29547958 mentioned.
I'd rather find it than someone who will turn it in.
>>
>>29547958

it's all about who you tell and show your funs to.
>>
>>29547958
How did you ever shoot it?

>>29547982
just need to know enough criminals ;)
>>
>>29547980
>I'd rather find it than someone who will turn it in.
did you find anything>?
>>
>>29547995
>How did you ever shoot it?

Bring it to ranges/open areas innawoods
Take AR, bumpfire a bunch, go back to regular shooting, bumpfire some more
If no one shows up, go to town

I've shot it nearer town a few times, but again, no one pays attention to full auto anymore because bump fire is a thing
>>
how viable would it be to:
buy a legal suppressor
cut it into 4 sections to study the baffle geometry
model into CAD
machine it

i have none of the technical knowledge or machinery to do this. but i bet organized crime does it easily. and really, any capable machinist so inclined.
>>
>>29548005
No, I know it's unlikely but It's worth a look while I was walking through with the granddaughter anyway.
There were some guns, but just the regular stuff going to their kids, which I have zero interest in.
I want to preserve hidden war bringbacks if I find them, not burglarize.
>>
>>29548040
Just go look up designs online
Buying a suppressor just to cut up and remake illegally sounds like a hell of a lot of work

And just buy a suppressor you can disassemble if you want to study designs
Or better yet, if you want to study a non disassemblable design, get it x-rayed

Going through the process just to make an illegal suppressor is foolish anon
>>
File: Onemorething.jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
Onemorething.jpg
8 KB, 257x196
>>29548057
or just go to a shop that sells suppressors and ask to take one apart
>>
>>29548040
lol why do that when you can get the combination of things in the OP image for less than 50 bucks?
>>
>>29548040
dude what, just go to a few site where people upload their own CAD designs for their baffles and try those out.
>>
File: 1451610954077.jpg (360 KB, 685x960) Image search: [Google]
1451610954077.jpg
360 KB, 685x960
>>29548040
>i bet organized crime does it easily
I sincerely doubt they would want to. Too much potential heat from the ATF, too much work, CNC and lathes are expensive. Easier to just plan your hits for when nobody's around and throw away the Hi-Point afterwards.
>>
>>29548062
>or just go to a shop that sells suppressors and ask to take one apart
Thats just ask stupid, might as well fucking google supressor baffles. You dont need to feel them to know how they work.
>>
>>29548040
at that point why not skip buying the legal suppressor entirely and just buy a tax stamp and use one of the dozens of suppressor blueprints you can find online and make a legal one in the first place
>>
>>29548083
and yet you could take detailed pics and potentially measurements if the store owner isn't a douche
>>
>>29548093
and yet you could get twice as many measurements online with the feedback of others. Use your brain.
>>
>>29548040
>baffles are super seekret CIA tech and only skilled evil underground cartel machinists can make them!
Are you retarded or just a normie? You can make a .22 suppressor out of PVC pipe and steel wool in a couple of minutes.
>>
>>29548126
Yes, because you'll TOTALLY find all the different dimensions and angles of the internal baffle design of a Saker
>>
>>29548130
until it lights on fire
>>
>>29548162
Then buy the shit off amazon and make it with steel baffles. It's not hard at all.
>>
>>29547958
That's awesome! Whereabouts do you live that you feel comfortable doing that? Address?
>>
just got out of jail, caught with 3 suppressors and a sawn off 12 gauge. had em for years
>>
File: 41mREomZ+IL.jpg (27 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
41mREomZ+IL.jpg
27 KB, 500x444
How well would an onahole work as a short-lived baffle for a suppressor?
>>
>>29548808

NOW YOU'RE A FELON LIKE ME

WHY AREN'T YOU USING ALL CAPS?

WHERE'S THE SALT?

THEY TOLD YOU THAT YOU HAD AN INALIENABLE RIGHT AND THEY LIED
>>
>>29548808
Were you caught FOR the nfa or did you get caught doing something WITH them.
>>
>>29550073
no i was caught when they raided my house because my brother stole a tv. so they got lucky catching me
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.