[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well /k/ I'm not eligible for enlistment. my waiver was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1452181746651.png (47 KB, 1710x840) Image search: [Google]
1452181746651.png
47 KB, 1710x840
well /k/ I'm not eligible for enlistment. my waiver was denied, and i don't know what to do. i've been on /meg/ and r/military for months preparing, almost aced the ASVAB, been training like an Olympic athlete, but it wasn't enough. i broke the family tradition, i feel like i'm not a man and that i let my country down.
have any other /k/ommandos had their dreams of military enlistment crushed? how did you cope?
>>
What waiver?
>>
>>29546961
You can still "serve" technically by working in other areas. Maybe the Department of State? Hell if you succeed in running a business, you're still serving by providing a form of employment to your countrymen.
>>
>>29547016
ar601-210 page 23 section 2-10 b(1)
>>
>>29547018
I'm looking at police dept and border patrol jobs as we speak.
>>
>>29546961
military isnt all its cracked up to be, if it makes you feel any better.

Become a cop, use the same drive that you had for trying to enlist to make your local community a better place.
>>
What about a private "security firm"?
They seem to be seeing a shitload more action than the actual military.

Do they require you to be ex-military or can you be recruited based on skills, physique and mental evaluations?
>>
>>29547074
i'm going to give it a try. I've been training to become a ranger for the past 6 months, i'm sure i would absolutely wreck police academy requirements
>>
It doesn't change what's between your legs and your country doesn't care

Christ
>>
>>29547094
>They seem to be seeing a shitload more action than the actual military.

Based on what exactly
>>
>>29546961
Just like I tell everyone else who didn't make the cut - there's always Glynco, GA.

You can still serve.
>>
File: 1364369774345.gif (140 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
1364369774345.gif
140 KB, 600x431
What disqualified you, senpai?
>>
>>29547133
dependency waiver
>>29547113
what is this, exactly? i live somewhat close to this facility. is it fbi or marshall training?
>>29547102
maybe i've watched starship troopers too many times
>>29547094
they prefer exmilitary
>>
>>29547218
>dependency waiver
...you have kids?
>>
>>29547227
yes
see >>29547047
>>
>>29547254
Yeah I looked that up and there was a huge PDF and I didn't read it. That's rough anon. How old are you? Your life sounds interesting.
>>
>>29547265
26, had kids when i was younger but the girl and i split up. my only option would be to sign over my rights to her, which i refused to do. battalion commander rejected my waiver
>>
File: 1447671557010.jpg (52 KB, 410x429) Image search: [Google]
1447671557010.jpg
52 KB, 410x429
you sound like a fucking faggot.

no one cares if you were in the military or not.

the military is a fucking dog and pony show now. dont waste your time like everyone else on this board did. get a degree and make money.

every time i see a thread like this im literally happy for people like you.

>aww boohoo i didnt get to dress up in camo
>my self worth and who i am is a person is dependent on what i do for work
>i define myself by what other people think of me

im glad you didnt get in joe.

>>29547060

yeah fucking kill yourself
>>
>>29547352
some people have a calling, i guess. I'd feel the same if i had scoliosis or "flat feet" or whatever and got denied

the police still serve their country as well, just differently

>joe
what?
>>
>>29547295
Is this branch dependent? Or can you enlist in a different one?
>>
>>29547481
that's enlisting, period, unfortunately
>>
>>29547352
>Patriots fan
>frog poster

yeah don't let this guy bring you down
>>
Maybe bit off topic but:

I don't live in the US, but I plan to enlist in two years.

When I was 15, I fucked up and stole few kinder-eggs and got caught. I don't think I have a police record, more of an social record, if that makes sense.

Is it still possible for me to enlist? I'm on an exceptional physical level now, plus I had amazing grades when I was in school.

Generally speaking, since I know the rules are different for every country.
>>
>>29547926
that's no big deal in America, waiverable

no idea about Deutschland
>>
>>29547963
I live in Eastern Europe, so I suppose the rules are little bit less strict than in Germany
>>
Waiting to hear back about my final waiver now.

Been trying to enlist for 1.5 years.

Right when I think I'm at the end it's always "just this one list document/piece of paperwork"

Trying to enlist Navy hoping CTN is available when I go to meps
>>
>>29548134
i've been kicking myself for not joining at 17 for years. what's your waiver for? good luck bro
>>
>>29548160
I tore my ACL when I was in high school

I've had surgery and had it replaced with the Achilles tendon from a cadaver. Stronger then ever. I went on to play college sports and have been weight training since with no problems.

But they seem to have an issue with there being a "foreign body" in my knee. Kek pun intended by those tricky bastards I'm sure
>>
Australian here,

Had my YOU session a week ago, my interview for the Officer line at ADFA is in a month and a half :)

wish me luck
>>
>>29547387
>Mfw I've meet people in the military with both of those
>Mfw I have no face
>>
OP

Just join a civil service and actually do something positive for your community. If you are as bad ass as you claim to be, go west and look for a high paying, difficult to get into department (fire/police). Make 6 figures after a few years and take care of your kid so she/he doesn't turn into fucking trash. Contribute to society by continuing on the dying traditions of the upper middle class.
>>
>>29547926
talk to a lawyer who has experience in the matter. It will cost some money, but it will also give you peace of mind.
>>
>>29547495
Not the anon you replied to but im so sorry anon i just swore in last week and im excited but now im only sad for you
>>
>>29548243
you know what i mean, if it was medical or moral, the feeling is the same
>>29548267
that will probably be my next play, I'll try local pd/sheriff first
>>29548308
enjoy it, anon. be greatful for the opportunity!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.