[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nogunz >Join a shooting club, which is mandatory to own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 1127x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 1127x305
>Nogunz
>Join a shooting club, which is mandatory to own guns in my country
>Every week, for three weeks, go there, borrow an airgun and shoot.
>Gun is 3,7 kg heavy, single shot and very frustrating to use.
>Decide to switch to real guns, and to buy me own .22LR bolt action rifle.
>Choose pic related, a CZ 455.

I haven't bought it yet, but the thing I'm wondering is : should I buy a scope with it ? If yes, what kind of scope ?

The club I go to has all kinds of ranges, with the longest being 100m ranges. Moreover, I wish to use this rifle for hunting next year.
I know I'll buy a scope eventually, but should I buy it now ?
>>
>>29546066
Koop die fokking scope
>>
>>29546084
Are you trying to tell me something ?
>>
>>29546129
where the fuck are you from?
>>
What are you going to hunt with a 22? What ranges are you planning to shoot, and do you mainly shoot standing? A good fixed 4x is usually solid for a 22 rifle.
>>
>>29546143
France, mon ami.

>>29546146
There various kinds of small animals where I live, like rabbits.
>>
>>29546066
A scope won't make you a better marksman as far as techniques go. I would work on getting your groups precise and accurate with irons before you get a scope. It made my shooting way better by joining my school's rifle team in 9th grade, and learning the techniques. As autistic as the air rifles and the people who did it were, it helped more than a scope ever would.
>>
>>29546066
>cz
>455
Ya dun good op
>>
>>29546310
What should I get instead ?
I haven't bought anything yet, I'm open to all suggestions.
>>
>>29546197
+1 for this.

While I enjoy shooting optics , iron sights and a Gunny squatting over me with a spotting scope berating me did more for me than anything else.
>>
>>29546958

CZ rifles are well regarded in the US. Pricing differences are extreme from country to country which makes it hard for (predominantly americans) this board to recommend something sometimes, but most manufacturers make pretty good entry level 22s. The CZ is a very good choice.

A scope is a good idea, but it comes down to what you want. A scope will certainly make shooting easier, but some people have more fun with irons. There is no one right answer, but you should try things out before you make your decision.
>>
>>29546958
He's not being sarcastic. CZ makes some of the nicest modern production bolt action rifles.

If you don't mind the long barrel, consider an Ultralux variant of the same model. Their barrels are so long that they are effectively suppressed with subsonic ammo.
>>
File: cz-527 bolt action .223.png (137 KB, 904x602) Image search: [Google]
cz-527 bolt action .223.png
137 KB, 904x602
>>29546197
This right here. Train with the gun in its original configuration before you attach a scope, bipod, sling and any other accessories.

Also, you mentioned that the gun you used was too heavy. Scopes, rings and rails can sometimes add 1-3lbs of weight to your rifle.

You need to be familiar with the internal workings of the gun as well, disassemble it, clean it and put it back together a few times, that way you don't drop it on the floor or smack it on the table and damage your scope the first time you clean it with the scope on.

Pic related is the CZ rifle I will probably be getting in a few weeks.
>>
File: cz-75-sp-01.png (1 MB, 753x502) Image search: [Google]
cz-75-sp-01.png
1 MB, 753x502
>>29546066
>>29546310
CZ is good OP, I will now dump sexy CZ'z
>>
File: CZ1911.png (4 MB, 2722x1754) Image search: [Google]
CZ1911.png
4 MB, 2722x1754
>>
File: cz-75BD.png (2 MB, 807x538) Image search: [Google]
cz-75BD.png
2 MB, 807x538
>>
>>29546991
Can i ask why you want the .223 one instead of the 7.62x39?
Not getting into a caliber war with just curious as to your thoughts on it.
>>
File: Bobafett!!.jpg (67 KB, 960x649) Image search: [Google]
Bobafett!!.jpg
67 KB, 960x649
>>
>>29546991
Cz 527 owner here. Make sure you get the one with faster twist rate. I have one of their older ones and it has a 1:12 bbl
>>
File: CZfun.jpg (442 KB, 1306x980) Image search: [Google]
CZfun.jpg
442 KB, 1306x980
>>29547075
I'm very torn between them. I already have an SKS, so caliber compatibility is a plus for the 7.62, I could just buy 2,000 rounds at a time and get serious range time with a bolt action and a semi-auto.

The .223 I'm leaning towards because of the ammo being sold in every gunstore and walmart across the state(California)

Sometimes I literally cannot find 7.62x39 for under $1.00 per round, and I might as well buy a 30-06 or .308 if I'm paying that much for an intermediate caliber.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.