[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got a lot of shit from people I know when they found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Reaper in flight.jpg (992 KB, 3911x2619) Image search: [Google]
Reaper in flight.jpg
992 KB, 3911x2619
I recently got a lot of shit from people I know when they found out I'd been involved in drone strikes. Not only that but to me it was an exciting day at work was when we got to kill someone.

I think people get too many ideas from movies that whenever a human dies you should feel some kind of anguish or guilt.
>>
>>29541679
How did they find out.
>>
There's hardly any difference between that and a video game in terms of visceral impact I imagine.
>>
>>29541697
Talking about drones and mentioned I'd worked with them

Asked if I'd seen anyone die and I said yes

The response was "I hope you felt hollow inside"
>>
Dude, regardless of what you do, you'll get shit for it.

Everything is immoral, life is pain and existence is sin.
Everything is illegal, too... so watch out for that, OP.
Everything is mental illness, too... I've seen enough to know that your ill for being homo and you're ill for being hetero.

You just can't win. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>29541723
Then I suggest you not be friends with those types of people. They already made up their minds and there is very little you can do to assuage their feelings.
>>
fuck those people
>>
>>29541736
They certainly weren't friends. Friends of a friend and even he's sick of their Tumblr bullshit.
>>
File: hypnocat.gif (450 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hypnocat.gif
450 KB, 500x500
>>29541728
>>
File: 1429702816202.jpg (219 KB, 1908x1073) Image search: [Google]
1429702816202.jpg
219 KB, 1908x1073
>>29541679
>I like killing people while they're not expecting it remotely from the other side of the world. Why do people think I'm a sociopath?

I get it. Sometimes is necessary to kill people. But, you really shouldn't feel excited about it.
>>
>>29543036
Why not.
>>
File: Flat Earth.jpg (2 MB, 3132x2148) Image search: [Google]
Flat Earth.jpg
2 MB, 3132x2148
>>29543036
OP is a sociopath. I don't know many people who get excited to kill people...

This thread sounds troll though, I doubt people respond that way in OP unless he's bragging about kill counts.
>>
>>29543123
You'd be surprised. This entire "If you kill your enemies they win" Trudeau nonsense has infected a lot of people. Seriously I know people who at least claim they let themselves be killed rather than" stooping so low" than to kill or even use violence against someone else.
>>
>>29543159
>But if you kill the bad guys then you ARE the bad guys!
>>
>>29541679
I don't get why veterans being excited about killing terrorists is so bad.
they're terrorists.
it's just revenge.
plus, there's a difference between killing a target and going "fuck yeah, we got that guy!" and killing civilians and then jerking off to it.
>>
>>29541679

You know what, those weak people can fuck off. So long as you don't target Civvies, fuck those terrorists. Keep doing a good job.

Have all the water captach, then turn that shit into wine.
>>
>>29543159
A rational human being would conclude that killing people is acceptable in dire circumstances. War is, at least in theory, such a circumstance -- drone strikes are a necessary measure for long-term military presence in Afghanistan et al.

However, that does mean that OP is morally justified in their enthusiasm for killing. I think it is immoral to do think that way, and I might distance myself from someone with that type of outlook. I wouldn't tell it to their face unprovoked, though.

>>29543186
You're describing job satisfaction. In the military it's a morbid - but normal - feeling.
>>
>>29543198
Best kill we ever got was a murderer we knew the name of, he'd sawn off heads in the double-digits. Perfect hit, absolutely no collateral, didn't even block the road.
>>
>>29543253

You're hitting ISIS and the other shits?
>>
>>29543253
>getting to see a murderer get vaporized by a hellfire from a glorious heat drone cam
that sounds pretty awesome.
>>
>>29543036
You clearly have no idea bow boring RPA work is 95% of the time. When the word JTAC gets brought up, things get interesting. When a 9-line comes in, you get a rush of adrenaline because you know you're getting ready to shoot. It takes away the monotony of a nor cal day. I've seen about 15 people die. No emotion
>>
>>29543279
Yes
>>
File: Radical.gif (1 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
Radical.gif
1 MB, 350x197
>>29543297
>Laser Arm
>>
>>29543329
>Testing the laser aftet handover
>"lasering"
Good kill :^)
>>
>>29543297
I think most of us have played videogames to the point that something dying is not going to affect us
>>
>>29541749
Why didnt you say anything back?

Not angry, thats what they expect.

No, just bullshit them.

"No i felt pretty good because that day i got a high score. Topped the leaderboards for a week."

"Hollow? No, but i did pop a slight chubby"

"Yeah. But on the otherhand watching those new york girls shower makes up for it"

Etc.
>>
>>29541679
62nd?
>>
>>29543502
Because it's on a screen doesn't make it a video game
>>
>>29543509
seeing pixels die certainly desensitizes people, especially when it's a kaboom
>>
>>29543516
Seeing anything die desensitizes people.
>>
>>29543507
"i'm only as hollow inside as my whiskey bottle"

"nah, didn't feel bad, but I did have to wash his eyeballs off the radar ball"
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 212x220) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 212x220
IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH

IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH

IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR, AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER

UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD
>>
>>29543522
That's what I'm getting at. People are desensitized so no one is going to feel fuck all if they're a drone driver staring at a screen detached from the action a million miles away besides the tumblrinas
>>
>>29541679

Meh. Have you told them there are eight times as many people as dogs yet?
>>
>>29543596
Not true though. I don't like seeing people die. No matter if it's a webm or real life. But I'll run over prostitutes in GTA all day long.
>>
>>29541679
>I think people get too many ideas from movies that whenever a human dies you should feel some kind of anguish or guilt.

THIS
>>
>>29543253

Probably never even knew what hit him. A mercy he didn't give his victims.

You did good, drone anon.
>>
>>29543502
I feel morbidly detached. Same way an F16 pilot would feel after dropping some bombs on people down below.
>>
>>29543596
My point is the grunt stops giving a fuck after awhile too.

The screen is irrelevant.
>>
>>29541679
What do you fly?

Also there is a trip who flys reapers, his name is well, reaper. Hangs out in ar threads sometimes, sometimes will opine in others.

He would prolly help you work though it, fucker killed tons of terrorists.
>>
File: 1456924926753.jpg (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1456924926753.jpg
65 KB, 800x600
Not to be major cunt about this but could we see some broof but please practice safe secs when posting said proofs Drone man
>>
>>29543036
>>29543123
There's a degree of truth to the sociopath characteristics meme. The personality profile required of special forces soldiers is basically that of a sociopath, but it's also a personality that supports success in the shitty operational space they like to operate in.
>>
>>29543896
That itself is a bit of a meme. Sociopaths DO excell in special forces, but its definitely not required. If its severe enough it will actually hamper the applicants selection because a measure self sacrifice is expected.
>>
>>29543801
How does someone prove they take part in drone strikes
>>
>>29543963
Extremely specific knowledge of the systems that someone familiar with working with them would be able to verify. Like what's on VIT 10.
>>
>>29541679
Stop being friends with soft cuts

Did you meet these faggots at a bernie sanders rally or something?

Also they arnt your friends.
>>
>>29541679
I'd like to be the guy who pushes the button once, just to see if I'd feel guilt, or whether I could walk away from it (and how I would rationalize it if I did - would I use the "he was 99% likely to be guilty anyway, so I did a good thing" method, or "If I don't do it, the operator flying the thing would have", or what?)

but then if I did feel guilty I'd regret it, so it wouldn't be an interesting experience. I'd just like a definitive answer to whether "human life is special" because I'm a faggot but also very good at justifying my own actions.
>>
>>29541679
Are you a MC/MIC?
>>
>>29541679
You explained to them that browns aren't people right.
>>
>>29541679
That is 100% percent correct mate. People who have never been put in a position where killing is there job and they don't think about killing. To them it is an abstract concept that isn't a part of there everyday reality. As such they can't accept that you have killed, because they can't comprehend how anyone can kill, so it must obviously be an earth shattering thing for you, because thats what it would be for them.
I was an infantryman in Afghanistan. I killed people. I don't talk about it because to me, it was no different for any other aspect of my job and there are more interesting stories to tell about my deployment. Like about how exciting it was to see Apaches doing there thing or how one of my mates had a garbage bag of shit split all over him whilst taking it out to be burnt. Whereas stories of killing are simply, "this one time, i shot a dude."
Like me you have rationalised killing to the point where it doesn't really pop up as a big thing for you. And thats a good thing, because it means that the killing won't give you PTSD and that you where well suited to your role.
>>
>>29543159
Darwinism at work then I suppose
>>
>>29541679
fuck the rest of the world OP.

be proud of what you did and how you felt/feel about it.

Glad you got to blow up some hajis

o7
>>
>>29545517
*their *their
>>
>>29545517
>how one of my mates had a garbage bag of shit split all over him whilst taking it out to be burnt

Lovely
>>
>>29543297
read 'on killing' by dave grossman

basically you don't feel anything because you're not close enough to experience it. Same reason artillery fags don't get PTSD on the levels that the infantry do.

even less so for you, because you're sitting in an air conditioned box in your pajamas with zero environmental factors or fear of any kind of real loss. The only way you're going to feel any emotion is if you start thinking too much.
>>
>>29545671
Too drunk to care.
>>29546390
It was fucking hilarious. Untill we had to scoop the rest of the shit up and with a shovel. And it was running gastro shit as well. And to top it off, the fucking fly clung to it like nothing else.
See how that would be a far more interesting and entertaining story then about how this one time a guy shot at me so i shot him back. The end.
>>
>>29546443
On Killing is a bullshit book based on ridiculously tenuous hearsay studies
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.