[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chi Town Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Chicago.jpg (744 KB, 2000x1377) Image search: [Google]
Chicago.jpg
744 KB, 2000x1377
Sup /k/

Been tossing around the idea of moving to Chicago in the future. I know its one of those meme gun law cities but I'm trying to figure out how bad it really is.

Any fellow /k/omandos out there in Chiraq right now? Whats it like and how many guns do you have with you there?

I'm not super democrat or republican so I'm sure political crap wouldn't bother me. I'm from Ohio where almost anything goes so I assume this is gonna be a little bit of a change for me. Does Chicago have CCW and will mine transfer over?
>>
Also I'm a Paramedic so I think being able to carry on the job would be nice. I know for a fact I'd get some kevlar at the minimum.
>>
File: paramedic.png (64 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
paramedic.png
64 KB, 512x512
No one? I thought there might be one or two people on here....
>>
>>29539445
There are plenty, we just don't care.
>>
>>29539468

Chill yo
>>
Don't. It's not the gun laws, it's the taxes. I mean the night scene is great as are the local brewpubs, but you'll be paying out the ass for enjoying yourself. Even with a CCW enjoy 16 hours of courses and another $150 for a licenses. And another course & another $150 for renewal every 5 years. And the ammo tax and finding a range. Can't have ammo shipped to your place in Chicago either.

The gun laws? First you need to drop money on a FOID to have a gun in the state. Handguns are regulated by the state as are the magazines so no limit. Rifles? Check your area. Many areas in cook county are on home rule law so you may or may not be allowed an ar15. Of course if you get pulled over in Chicago and searched, even with transport laws, there's a very good chance some PD is going to have your mug all over the news for snatching a scary gun owner with a FOID and CCL AND scary AR15 with baby seeking military capacity assault clips. Father Pfleger goes wrist deep up his own ass at the thought of that.

Other than that it's pretty cool. Living in the suburbs outside of crook county makes it enjoyable. Knowing people with farmland to shoot, fish, and hunt on is best.
>>
The crime rate has doubled in Chicago within the last year. Thousands of the wealthiest people are leaving the city in droves. Some sight racial tension and crime rates and even fear of it getting too raceway levels bad. It's gonna become Detroit 2.0 mate, don't go.
>>
>>29539817
Also you need that FOID card too even buy ammo in the state.
>>
>>29539817
>Get pulled over in chicago

You really aren't familiar with the area are you.

You have to fuck up real bad to get pulled over, I'm talking like 20+ over the limit and through reds.
>>
>>29539310
don't do it. your ccl will not work and you'll have to apply for one. one 16 hour course for $150 and another $150 to apply and you'll get your ccl in 3 months IF the city doesn't flag you for board review.

also AWB and no long fun mags over 15 rounds. kill me.
>>
>>29539817
you can have ammo shipped but good luck finding a place that does it. last time I checked about a dozen no name shops shipped here.
>>
.38 snub nose revolver, or you're a faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x199
>>29540585
This
>>
>>29539894
this Chicago is lost
>>
>>29540212
People get pulled over in and around the Chicagoland area all the time for even 7 mph over the speed limit.
It's about 'revenue generation'.
Those asshats will sit in shady spots so they can get you once it's too late.

Obviously you are not familiar with the area.
>>
>>29542827
I've never been pulled over for speeding in my 10 years in the city, and I rarely see people pulled over for traffic violations except on the highway where the state troopers seem to have no lives
>>
Brian is that you?
>>
File: vintage chiraq.jpg (336 KB, 1706x1357) Image search: [Google]
vintage chiraq.jpg
336 KB, 1706x1357
>>29539310

you'll need one of these
>>
>>29539445
Your employer wouldn't let you carry or wear Kevlar. Sorry to burst your bubble on that point.

You can move to Chicago. It's just like every other American metro now though, the rich have stayed and their property values are rising while the poor are getting less and less share of the pie. In that sort of situation I would try and stay out of the powder keg.
>>
Man as a Texan I can't imagine the gay gun laws other places have. Especially mag restrictions. Why 10? Is it somehow going to stop you from reloading fast? If you're crazy or a nigger do you think it'll make you stop from getting illegal weapons?
>>
>>29542827
I've lived in the city for my entire life.

Chicago cops do not want to generate revenue for the city and therefore pull people as little as possible. Outside chicago you will get pulled over for anything.
>>
>>29539310
>so I'm sure political crap wouldn't bother me.
It will when the corruption that defines Chicago sucks up most of your income
>>
>>29542827
Chicago cops genuinely don't give a fuck because they're already spread thin dealing with the murders. Suburb cops will pull you over for anything, or if they're just having a bad day.
>>
>>29542827
I had a buddy in Navy reserves BT and I flew up from Texas to visit. Holy fuck, those highways are crazy. I thought Dallas and Houston highways were insane but Chicago was insane. I was doing 15 over just to keep up in the slow lane. I was scared of being pulled over for NOT speeding in my rental.
Also, he said a shooting happened across the street from a guarded entry and the bangers prefer that area because the police leave it alone but the guards can't do anything because military base.
Maybe he was full of shit, but it still seemed awful.
>>
>>29543981
Visit Boston sometime if you think Chicago drivers are fast.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.