[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, was thinking of fortifying the area around my drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: James_Yeager3.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
James_Yeager3.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
Hey guys, was thinking of fortifying the area around my drive way, think ditches would work?
>>
>>29535399
ditches like tanktraps or ditches like trench line
>>
>>29535399
Sure but you will need to keep up with your ditch diving drills.
>>
>>29535399
Yeah just make sure none of your friends park their truck in the field of fire
>>
>>29535407
ditches as in ditches, so i can bail out of my car and jump into one
>>
>>29535399

James Yaeger is a living meme. He teaches Mickey Mouse tactics. Better stick to people who knows what the fuck they're talking about, like Pat McNamara.

As for your question; sandbags and barbwire.
>>
>>29536218
Whats bad about hopping into ditches and waiting for the fighting to end?
>>
>>29536444
The fight may not end.
>>
>>29536486
Much like your responsibility to be ready for the fight.
>>
>>29536444
You're asking what's bad about abandoning your men in the midst of a fire fight? Go test fire a hammer against your head.
>>
>>29535399
gotta build sandbag walls in front of the trenches, or at least a dirt mound
and be sure to set up drainage and a place to shit
>>
>>29536574
Not Yeager's fault they weren't smart enough to get off the X.
>>
>>29536574
>>29536486
It's not my fault the car got stuck and they too didn't hop into a ditch.
>>
>>29536629
>>29536638
2 blatant tho.
>>
He was unsure his gun was combat ready sonce it hadn't been stepped on at that point.
>>
>>29535399
>fortifying the area around my drive way,

why that area? wouldn't you want to fortify your house? Who are you trying to defend from, dindus, feds, ???
>>
>>29536695
>not knowing who yeager is
>>
Daily reminder that Yeager didn't get the other guys killed. The middle car was already disabled so his inability to drive stick didn't matter. Everyone killed died in the opening salvo before Yeager followed company SOP and sought cover away from the vehicles.
>>
>>29536763
Reminder that he shouldn't have volunteered to drive. Reminder that someone didn't die from the immediately but bleed out in the car. Reminder that Yeager abandoned the dude trying to get the other guy out.

How fucking new are the people here.
>>
>>29536763
Gotta agree, I hate Yaeger as much as the next anon but it's absolutely not his fault the rest of his team decided to sit in and behind unarmored cars while under AK and probably even PKM fire.
>>
Build little sandbag bunkers you can fire out of that have a good view and then use ditches with wooden stakes or barbed wire at the bottom along with barbed wire fences to limit the directions they can come from.

On the roads use caltrops and other tire damaging implements to prevent reinforcements and the initial attack from being effective.

Hang wires between posts and trees at height to damage helicopters if they come in too close.
>>
>>29536789
His driving didn't matter. They'd have left the cars anyway because one was disabled (the only armored vehicle they had). He did exactly as they were instructed to. He went to cover and prepared to return fire. If he had been able to see where the fire was coming from and fired to suppress he'd have done everything post-inability to drive off correctly.

>>29536790
Exactly. Yeager is an asshole and there's plenty of things to hate about him. This incident isn't one of them.
>>
>>29536790
You should actually read the AAR.

>>29536948
Yeager fired half a magazine off the trunk of the vehicle before moving back to median, in line with his own vehicle, unable to provide fire support. He made no attempt to shift to a new position, he made no attempt to communicate with his team, he simply remained there until the fighting had died down.
>>
>>29537038
this.
He did fuck all.
>>
>>29537038
Which AAR? The first ones or the companies full up damage control later ones?
>>
>>29535399
Depends, is your truck stick?
>>
>>29536218
>calls yeager a meme
>thinks pat is not a meme

jesus
>>
>>29537144
The first one as told by Yeager you mean? lol.
>>
>>29537469
Wait you believe the fuck ups at Edinburgh Risk and Security?

This was written before Route Irish: http://mercenarymum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Scott-Traudt-Report.pdf

The whole outfit was a joke. Their AAR was just trying to cover their asses because, as that letter shows, they were fucking up their contracts and did nothing about it.
>>
>>29535399
nah, ditches attract bitches, get a barbed wire fence with small mg sandbag bunkers every 30 feet.
>>
>>29538471
how am i supposed to jump and hide in barbed wire?
>>
>>29536763
thx for clearing this up yeager, now get back into your ditch
>>
>>29538482
thats what the sandbag bunkers are for
>>
>>29538488
I'll fucking kill you man!

>Mind signing this dueling contract?
>>
>>29537570
I believe both works are biased, I believe the video is much more true, and I believe all the insight into the situation from others piecing it apart are much more unbiased.

Understand that, I know, they ALL fucked up. Everyone there, the way segregated themselves, stayed there, and were selected for the job in the first place despite no real experience in such things.

Yeager failed as a driver, just because it wouldn't have saved anyone, or the other vehicles were disabled, doesn't mean he didn't fail as a driver. Yeager fired half a mag at nothing, fell back, and stayed at the median in line with his own guys, not attempting to move, communicate, etc to establish a better vantage point.

Quite frankly, I can only half blame him, he was not prepared for his role, he shouldn't have been there in the first place, he didn't possess the experience and training actually needed for a combat zone. I don't believe he should be skewered for one fucked up situation that everyone fucked up in.

HOWEVER, it's not just one situation is it? He's been fired from his LEO career, he tried to justify an ND from his instructor, he let camermen go down range while students shot around them, his instructors half ass the training, he has his students do a stupid 360 spin while pointing their weapons directly at the sky, he disables and deletes and gets manchildy against all comments against him, act like his way is the only way, got his cc permit suspended after threatening to kill people.

That wasn't his only fuck up, it's one in the long list when you say James Yeager.
>>
>>29538630
that was a shameful display back in the day, lets not repeat it because I show you German discipline.
Dueling? It's not the middle ages. Here in Germany we gas people.
>>
>>29538664
I wouldn't disagree that Yeaher fucked up and was in over his head.
But I don't think it's correct to say that he got anybody killed. All the damage was done in the first few seconds. No one else was seriously injured after that so none of his actions mattered. The only thing he might could have done that would have helped was to say something about the SUV he saw, but that wasn't his call.

I think this is a pretty fair assessment of what happened: http://assembleonus.blogspot.com/2013/02/edinburgh-risk-and-security-management.html?m=1
>>
>>29538630
how is the damage control working out?
>>
>>29539006
I never said he got anyone killed, I said he was an ineffective member of the team, as many others were. The problem isn't so much that he was ineffective, I mean, it IS a problem but not grand scale.

The big problem, why he gets so much heat, is that he claims his time as a contractor was a hard charging, all good, badassery moulding experience. It simply wasn't, he's been in one engagement, and was ineffective. He needs to stop selling it or talking about "all the people I've killed."
>>
>>29539107
Agreed. My only point is that of all the things to shit on Yeager about, and there are PLENTY of legitimate things to shit on Yeager about, the two major memes (Yeager gots his friends and is a coward) aren't really fair assessments.

That said he's not gonna quit selling himself as a 1337 opr8tr because the people who bother to check such claims aren't his target market.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.